Podcasts

DisJosh

N e t c o t is a sore spot for the forums because of some heated incidents in the past. I'm assuming the name it self was blocked so no one stirs the pot.

As for my favorite podcasts...

MiceCast
Imagineering My Way
Beyond Mainstreet (vidcast)

On occasion I'll listen to the Meandering Mouse as well. :D

HoW

I love WDW Today, WDW Radio Show, ImagineeringMyWay, and the interNET Community Of Tomorrow.

Not to stir the pot myself, I'm generally not a pot stirrer, or shaker, or any of these things, but I was trying to find out why the one site/podcast (N3tc0t as it is being referred to) was banded and no others. I understand that it brings up negative feelings, but there are no posts to be found with specific information on them. I'd appreciate it if someone could send me a PM and pass along some details (I ask for a PM so that it isn't posted and doesn't cause an uprising). Thanks!

DisJosh

I love WDW Today, WDW Radio Show, ImagineeringMyWay, and the interNET Community Of Tomorrow.

Not to stir the pot myself, I'm generally not a pot stirrer, or shaker, or any of these things, but I was trying to find out why the one site/podcast (N3tc0t as it is being referred to) was banded and no others. I understand that it brings up negative feelings, but there are no posts to be found with specific information on them. I'd appreciate it if someone could send me a PM and pass along some details (I ask for a PM so that it isn't posted and doesn't cause an uprising). Thanks!

I'm sure all of the threads posts concerning the incident were deleted. As for what happened...I can't remember! I wasn't directly involved myself. I'm sure if someone sees this and knows they'd be more than happy to fill you in. And then you can refresh my memory. :p

nicksmommy

I've listened to pratically every Disney podcasts and half of them don't put out new podcasts, and some of them are not very good quality and give out wrong information half of the time.

Then you definitely need n e t c o t! New episodes every Friday, excellent quality in sound and content, chapter listings, so you can easily skip around, and the only news reported is actual, sourced news. None of this "because I said so" rumor baloney. Each news story has a source link in the show notes.

And I love my n e t c o t t-shirt!! :sohappy:

HoW

Then you definitely need n e t c o t! New episodes every Friday, excellent quality in sound and content, chapter listings, so you can easily skip around, and the only news reported is actual, sourced news. None of this "because I said so" rumor baloney. Each news story has a source link in the show notes.

And I love my n e t c o t t-shirt!! :sohappy:

That's right, Van's show is all that! (...and a bag of chips!) :D

WV_Jayola

I'm a Disney Podcast Junkie!!! My personal favorite is Lou Mongello's "The WDW Radio Show". It's just the right blend of news, rumors, segments, interviews, and feedback. If any of you haven't, please check it out!

other than that, my other MUST LISTEN'S are :
* Mouse Guest Weekly
* Magical Definition
* Inside The Magic

I have recently started listening to N E T C O T, and I like it pretty good, too.

jeff.

craig15

I just discovered Imagineering My Way. It is nice to see that there are some podcasters out there not afraid to talk about the good and the bad...and in these circles, bad is not defined as change, but as show/imagineering that does not live up to standards.

- Imagineering My Way
- N e t c o t

Are there any others out there that aren't afraid to take an honest stance on Disney and the Parks?

gonesouthin

I would really like to know why this board has to go as far as blocking the word ____________... and making us have to say N3TC0T... Sorry that we wanted to voice our opinions on our favorite podcasts but i guess this board just doesnt support people spearking there mind:shrug:

Budahman

Are there any others out there that aren't afraid to take an honest stance on Disney and the Parks?

I think many have been. People have different views all the time. Some of us love everything about Disney, some of us love certain things, some of us hate certain things. It's all good.

craig15

It just seems that some people/sites find it offensive if someone expresses a negative opinion about something Disney...even if it is something worth criticism. Disney isn't perfect, but they do a lot of good stuff. It's fun hearing both sides of the story.

nicksmommy

I agree, craig15: I think that when Disney does something worthy of criticism, they need to hear it, and a podcast or website is an effective such tool. And it's not like n3tc0t bashes Disney - quite the contrary! It's typically quite flattering, and any criticism is well thought out and respectful.

craig15

But I guess it's more than a podcast or website...it takes a community of people that are willing to openly discuss both the positive and the negative of a topic. Hurrah for the people that are willing to take that approach.

I've seen three very distinct groups in my short time in the Disney online community...
  1. Willing to discuss positive and negative.
  2. Everything is positive unless it is change. Change is bad. Always. Down with Disney when they change stuff.
  3. Everything is positive. Disney can do no wrong. You will be drug out back if you think otherwise.
I prefer the first. They tend to be the most open-minded and rational of sub-communities...willing to hear everyone out and admit when they are wrong or misguided.

Pooh88

I think I like Inside the Magic best. However, some people have mentioned Mouse Tunes as their fav but when I went to iTunes, it showed the last Podcast as being in February...Whats up? I'd like to check it out.

Mousetunes is now defunct. Lou finalized realized how much Nathan Rose was dragging the show down and canned him. Lou's new show, WDWRadio, is much better. Check that one out. (and N3tC0t, of course!)

PrincessJessica

I liked Mousetunes, and it seemed that Nathan and Lou clicked because I thought they were just hilarious.. although towards the end it kind of went downhill. :shrug: I now subscribe to WDW Radio Show and the 'alienated' N3tC0t, though.

Anthos

I liked Mousetunes, and it seemed that Nathan and Lou clicked because I thought they were just hilarious.. although towards the end it kind of went downhill. :shrug: I now subscribe to WDW Radio Show and the 'alienated' N3tC0t, though.

I noticed that too. I really don’t like Nathan’s new show, it really doesn’t offer anything new and it seems like more fluff. Adding Jackie O, who really brings nothing to the table, just seems like more needless filler. Lou’s show only lacks the “play off” factor from Mousetunes, but I’d take the current format any day of the week over the Magical Def podcast.

craig15

Totally agree, Anthos.

Some shows can pull off the multi-host thing and others cannot. MDP not so good...WDW Today is good.

Then there are the shows like Inside the Magic where people never seem to actually work together. It's like you have multiple people each make a podcast, then they just edit them together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom