PO French Quarter or Riverside?

amfpv

We're planning a trip over Thanksgiving. We've heard that the rooms in Riverside are looking pretty worn. They say FQ was renovated in the last year or so. Any advice?

campdisney

My fiance and I are staying at FQ in October for our honeymoon. If anyone has any tips or helpful information it would be appreciated. This is our first time staying on property at Disney so any other general tips like whether or not to take the bus or drive our car around the world would also be greatly appreciated!

POFQ is a lovely place for a honeymoon -- it has a very cosy and charming feel to it!

We found that the bus is the most convenient way to access the parks when staying on WDW grounds (after the Monorail of course!). That said, the bus will usually be crowded at park opening times and always crowded at park closing times. I'd imagine this is still better than navigating the parking lot after a fireworks show. Also, I do not know if you have to pay for extra for parking at the parks. We are AP-holders so its always been included.

We use our car to drive from hotel to hotel, mainly for dining or just to see what the different hotels look like. Driving is much more convenient than, for examply, going from POFQ to EPCOT -- just to catch a bus again in order to get to Boma's at the AKL.

POFQ also has a boat that can take you to both POR and to Downtown Disney. If you get a good boatman, you even get a little tour as you travel the waterway, past the old TreeHouse Villas. A nice relaxing way to spend 20 or 30 minutes.

Upvote 0

frankieandsean

Thank you so much! I guess I am just a little nervous because this is our honeymoon and I just want to make sure it all goes without a hitch! :eek: Your advice was greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards, Sean and Frankie :wave:

67 Days Left! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

2 comments

1: I'm pretty sure both resorts have been renovated within the past 2 years. I'm not 100% sure about POFQ, but I booked a King-Sized room at PO-R around Spring Break of 05. Making the request of Alligator Bayou, I was told by the CM assisting me that that was a good choice, AB just went through a renovation, and the mansions were next in line, followed by POFQ. Of course, we've all heard news from a CM that wasn't 100% true (remember, we're only 18 months away from a fifth gate! WITH a Harry Potter ride! AND monorail access! :lol: ), but the room sure seemed recently renovated to me. Very clean, which is all the more ironic considering how "lived-in" Alligator Bayou rooms are supposed to look...

Which brings me to Point The Second: Don't ask me why, but some people seem to think that because Alligator Bayou rooms are supposed to look rustic and lived-in, that they are in fact, decrepid and filthy. It takes all kinds...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom