Pleasure Island nightclubs?

disneyfreak53

Original Poster
Just a quick question here. I was looking at the plans for the Hyperion Wharf coming to Downtown Disney and am really liking what I'm seeing. I love the concept and design of the place, but what I'm not sure of is nightlife for more adults coming to DD. So my question is, why did Disney get rid of its nightclubs in Pleasure Island and are they planning on bringing any new ones to Hyperion Wharf?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just a quick question here. I was looking at the plans for the Hyperion Wharf coming to Downtown Disney and am really liking what I'm seeing. I love the concept and design of the place, but what I'm not sure of is nightlife for more adults coming to DD. So my question is, why did Disney get rid of its nightclubs in Pleasure Island and are they planning on bringing any new ones to Hyperion Wharf?
It really depends on who you ask. It seems that the prevailing opinion is that they simply wanted out of the night club business and in their current state the majority of the clubs in PI were not profitable. The plan was get rid of the clubs and lease the space to third parties. Unfortunately, the economy hit the skids before the clubs were closed and all of the rumored perspective tenants backed out.

hemloc

28lh0s5.gif

:hammer:

disneyfreak53

Original Poster
Ok thanks. I think it's a shame that they got rid of them. I would think that the clubs would draw more adult guests to DD and adults who don't have children. But oh well. Here's hoping for the future of Hyperion Wharf! :)

tampabrad

Maybe they should concentrate on doing some really fun bars and pubs instead of full-on dance clubs.

I agree. As someone who enjoys going out for a drink or ten after the parks, I very much enjoyed PI. Not being a fan of nightclubs, I would spend little time in the dance clubs and more time at Adventures Club and Comedy Warehouse. I would love to see maybe a small dance club, and more funky bars and ultra lounges. And of course AC 2.0.

I think the main problem with the clubs in PI was that they were too big. On a slower night, they would look dead with huge empty areas. Empty areas, with not much security can lead to people doing bad things.

zooey

They might have been able to fool a few people if they had called it "Pleasure Wharf".
But we see what they did there...

britdaw

Well that's disappointing... My husband and I were planning on getting babysitting service one evening and hitting up the clubs at PI. :( Oh well... I'll settle for a nice, quiet dinner with my husband and still be happy. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom