Pleasure Island ground clearing photo update

jt04

Thanks for the photos. The best angles are from the marketplace or the EL. That is what I think they will emphasize in the HW design.

Now the machines move to the other end of the island. It is like a Transformers movie. :eek:

hp200lx

Is the Adventurer's Club Building going to be spared in this demo?
NO!:brick::mad: People REALLY need to stop with the Adventurer's Club obsession, enough already. It was amazing while it was there but please people move on. It has no place in the Hyperion Wharf redo. It IS sad but yes it truly is going to be torn down.

WDW_Princess

NO!:brick::mad: People REALLY need to stop with the Adventurer's Club obsession, enough already. It was amazing while it was there but please people move on. It has no place in the Hyperion Wharf redo. It IS sad but yes it truly is going to be torn down.

Yeah! Out with the old. I am excited to see all the new stuff being planned.

DaGoof00

I'm also excited to see the new stuff! Adventurer's club has been closed how long now?? It's time to accept that it is gone, and embrace, what hopes to be a positive revitalization of DTD

hp200lx

I'm also excited to see the new stuff! Adventurer's club has been closed how long now?? It's time to accept that it is gone, and embrace, what hopes to be a positive revitalization of DTD
EXACTLY, I was heartbroken when it closed but its been gone for a long time now. I'm very excited to see what the revitalized DTD will bring.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is the Adventurer's Club Building going to be spared in this demo?
To actually answer your question.....If I am not mistaken it and the BET Club will be the next to go. I believe that the AC building was actually mentioned by name in one of the demo permits.

lebeau

Yeah, I can't wait for all the third party shops and dining. Do you think there will be a Cheesecake Factory!!! :rolleyes:

NMBC1993

Hey, some people just have an attachment to the club; you just have to accept that. Personally I am not the least bit excited about what's going into Hyperion Wharf because I know it's just going to be more 3rd party shops and restaurants, and none of those are going to be as original as the Adventurers Club. I'd love to see Disney get some new nightlife on property because as of right now once the parks close there is nothing as entertaining for adults to do.

lebeau

YES! MORE SHOPPING! YAY! :sohappy:

:brick:

Don't forget dining. There will be shopping AND dining.

It reminds me of the bit from the Blues Brothers:

"What kind of music do you usually have here?"

"Oh we have both kinds. Country and western."

Skipper Dan

Don't forget dining. There will be shopping AND dining.

It reminds me of the bit from the Blues Brothers:

"What kind of music do you usually have here?"

"Oh we have both kinds. Country and western."

Wha'hahaha! Awesome.

My uncle would give you props for using a Blues Brothers reference. :wave:

... but it's SO true.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, I can't wait for all the third party shops and dining. Do you think there will be a Cheesecake Factory!!! :rolleyes:
my understanding is they were so ed over the closing of PI that they pulled out of DQ. They were supposed to take the RRBC building but when Disney announced the closing of all of PI, they pulled out

Master Gracey

ACTUALLY, after having spoken with some of the construction workers, they do not know of any plans for the Adventurers Club removal. Also, one of my friends father worked in a tech postition during the Festival of the Masters and also spoke with the workers then, who also said that they didn't know where these supposed "PI Construction Permits" came from, but the only demos planned were for Motion and Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club.

I also do not see why people want those who loved the Adventurers Club to "move on". When you have an attracion that is in every sense of the name "Walt" written all over it, is it really so hard to fathom that some people still believe that Disney should live up to the imagination and genius the name once stood for? Do these people really believe that everyone is truly happy with the mediocre and all to synergistic and juvenal products that Disney has produced in the past years? Well if you do, you are very much mistaken. Also, the Adventurers Club will fit very nicely into Hyperion Wharf's ealry 20th Century theme, for that is exactly when the Adventurers Club takes place. Lastly, even if the unthinkable should happen, the song of the Adventurers will not be silenced until our Club is rebuilt and re-opened in Walt Disney World!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Lee

Adventurer
It's time to accept that it is gone, and embrace, what hopes to be a positive revitalization of DTD
No.
Can't.
Won't.
Not ever.
Lastly, even if the unthinkable should happen, the song of the Adventurers will not be silenced until our Club is rebuilt and re-opened in Walt Disney World!
Quoted for gospel truth.
:cool:

WDWScottieBoy

Hey, some people just have an attachment to the club; you just have to accept that. Personally I am not the least bit excited about what's going into Hyperion Wharf because I know it's just going to be more 3rd party shops and restaurants, and none of those are going to be as original as the Adventurers Club. I'd love to see Disney get some new nightlife on property because as of right now once the parks close there is nothing as entertaining for adults to do.

There are still two places at the Boardwalk resort that adults can go and spend time when the parks close.

And I too, will miss the Adventurer's Club tremendously (already do). I've been watching old videos of the club on YouTube lately just to remember it all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom