Pleasure Island ground clearing photo update

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
There are still two places at the Boardwalk resort that adults can go and spend time when the parks close.

And I too, will miss the Adventurer's Club tremendously (already do). I've been watching old videos of the club on YouTube lately just to remember it all.

is that the perpetual "try to please everyone, but please no one" perpetual wedding club?
Or the "we sing the same thing every night and get tips for it" club?

furthermore, resort to resort transportation to even get there. Doesn't exactly drive people.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
ACTUALLY, after having spoken with some of the construction workers, they do not know of any plans for the Adventurers Club removal. Also, one of my friends father worked in a tech postition during the Festival of the Masters and also spoke with the workers then, who also said that they didn't know where these supposed "PI Construction Permits" came from, but the only demos planned were for Motion and Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club.

I also do not see why people want those who loved the Adventurers Club to "move on". When you have an attracion that is in every sense of the name "Walt" written all over it, is it really so hard to fathom that some people still believe that Disney should live up to the imagination and genius the name once stood for? Do these people really believe that everyone is truly happy with the mediocre and all to synergistic and juvenal products that Disney has produced in the past years? Well if you do, you are very much mistaken. Also, the Adventurers Club will fit very nicely into Hyperion Wharf's ealry 20th Century theme, for that is exactly when the Adventurers Club takes place. Lastly, even if the unthinkable should happen, the song of the Adventurers will not be silenced until our Club is rebuilt and re-opened in Walt Disney World!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

the destruction permits specifically naming AC and BET are signed documents filed with the county I believe. They are real and eventually AC and BET will be demolished unfortunately. The question is when.

of course plans can change, but the permits are VERY clear about the AC/BET location

cymbaldiva

Is the Adventurer's Club Building going to be spared in this demo?

Legitimate question.

NO!:brick::mad: People REALLY need to stop with the Adventurer's Club obsession, enough already. It was amazing while it was there but please people move on. It has no place in the Hyperion Wharf redo. It IS sad but yes it truly is going to be torn down.

Yeah! Out with the old. I am excited to see all the new stuff being planned.

Show a little respect y'all - it was a question

LOL! Stir the pot much? :king:

Completely unnecessary and irrelevant - thanks for playing though

Ta actually answer your question.....If I am not mistaken it and the BET Club will be the next to go. I believe that the AC building was actually mentioned by name in one of the demo permits.

Thank you - I don't care for the answer at all because I truly miss the Adventurers Club, but thank you for an actual answer.

71jason

There are still two places at the Boardwalk resort that adults can go and spend time when the parks close.

There's a lot more than two...heck, CityWalk has a half dozen all by itself. Even on property, there's Fuego, and some days Raglan stays open to midnight or even 1!

But Disney-operated places, places worthy of Walt's name, places that still hold that much-discussed "Disney magic"...not so much.

jt04

There's a lot more than two...heck, CityWalk has a half dozen all by itself. Even on property, there's Fuego, and some days Raglan stays open to midnight or even 1!

But Disney-operated places, places worthy of Walt's name, places that still hold that much-discussed "Disney magic"...not so much.

I think they prefer to try and maintain and plus the "magic" at the resorts and parks. By using a mix of third parties at DTD it allows them to direct more resources towards those areas. And it helps create the profit they need to do so.

Big picture.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I think they prefer to try and maintain and plus the "magic" at the resorts and parks. By using a mix of third parties at DTD it allows them to direct more resources towards those areas. And it helps create the profit they need to do so.

Big picture.

Big picture - they could have outsourced PI or even contracted to rebuild it elsewhere on property and have 3rd party run it. But they didn't and now we're stuck with 1 perpetual wedding club at the #1 vacation destination in the world. Something is wrong with this big picture

71jason

I think they prefer to try and maintain and plus the "magic" at the resorts and parks.

Do you mean the resorts where they outsource baggage services, or the parks where they outsource restaurants? PI = canary in the coal mine. The MBA who figures out how to outsource attractions will be the next Disney CEO.

menamechris

Do you mean the resorts where they outsource baggage services, or the parks where they outsource restaurants? PI = canary in the coal mine. The MBA who figures out how to outsource attractions will be the next Disney CEO.

I think this has already been done, in essence. Corporate dollars were used to sponsor attractions from day one at WDW. Disney didn't spend anything on building WDW, they got other companies to pay for building it, and attached the corporate names to attractions. Companies have since gotten wiser it seems, and now few attractions are sponsored....

jt04

Big picture - they could have outsourced PI or even contracted to rebuild it elsewhere on property and have 3rd party run it. But they didn't and now we're stuck with 1 perpetual wedding club at the #1 vacation destination in the world. Something is wrong with this big picture

Who says they won't eventually have a AC/S.E.A attraction/land/boutique Park or club? I think they will. Third parties are likely a good profit generator but even more important they are probably vital logistically. It is easy to be a critic looking in from the outside. I imagine the reality is very different when viewed from the inside. WDW probably could not function without third parties and contractors.

They have outsourced some animatronics. If this proves a more reliable business model I would think you would see more. Better show, no matter how that is achieved, is a win for guests including helping to control prices.

Mouse Detective

Is the Adventurer's Club Building going to be spared in this demo?

The best source for rumors is the Save PI blog. Right now there are different rumors. One says that the Adventurer's Club and BET buildings will remain empty but not demolished for at least a year while they work on the areas they just destructed. The other rumor says that Adventurer's Club and BET buildings are going to be torn down this May.

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2011/02/pi-update-rumor-update.html

lebeau

Who the hell doesn't like the Cheesecake Factory?! Have you ever eaten there, its AMAZING! :ROFLOL:

It's also right down the block. Plus, they have about a dozen Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes on sale at Sam's. Don't get me wrong, I'll chow on cheesecake at the drop of a hat. And CF is good cheesecake. But, when I'm paying top dollar to get away from it all, I don't want to spend time in a nicely decorated strip mall with all the same shops and restaurants as the strip malls within driving distance of my house.

lebeau

Big picture.

Big picture: A strip mall is a strip mall no matter how many light bulbs you hang.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's also right down the block. Plus, they have about a dozen Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes on sale at Sam's. Don't get me wrong, I'll chow on cheesecake at the drop of a hat. And CF is good cheesecake. But, when I'm paying top dollar to get away from it all, I don't want to spend time in a nicely decorated strip mall with all the same shops and restaurants as the strip malls within driving distance of my house.

Come, come now sir. Don't you realize a Joe's Crab Shack would fit the "Warf" theme ideally? To say nothing of being a paragon of kvetchy theming onto itself? :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom