Pleasure Island Clubs

DVCgirl49

The clubs are: BET SoundStage, Comedy Warehouse,
Mannequins Dance Palace, The Pleasure Island Jazz Company, Rock N Roll Beach Club, 8TRAX, Adventurers Club, and Motion. Motion is probably the closest you are going to get to a rave.

Dayma

You have to go to Adventurers Club. Its is AWESOME. Make sure to go later at night though when there are a lot more people there.....

Pixiedust30

Motion is no way like a rave!!! They play mainly hip-hop and R&B- Sorry to that person that believes that Motion is a rave-but your crazy. There are no rave type places on pleasure island remeber its still Disney- but Mannequins place some house music

EthylCooper

Originally posted by THX-1701
Is there a classic rock club?

*:) *

The Rock N Roll Beach Club plays rock from the 60s on. When we were there last Friday night they had a live cover band. Some songs I remember from their set were "Crazy Train" (Ozzy), "Wanted Dead or Alive" (Bon Jovi), "Down with the Sickness" (Disturbed), "My Own Worst Enemy" (Lit)....I can't remember much else, but they didn't do anything I would really hate. After the band finished a DJ played songs...."Closer" (NIN), "Pour Some Sugar on Me" (Def Leppard), and "You Give Love a Bad Name" (Bon Jovi again) are all that I can remember off hand.

This is the club we kept going back to after the Hoopla every night & we really enjoyed it. They even had Kirin in stock! (Though I think our waiter had to go dig it out of the back of the fridge.) :) But if you're going to PI for the first time, follow the advice you've been getting here...Do the Adventurer's Club! And don't just do one little mask room or treasure room show and give up....ask the bartender when and where to go for the best shows. I think the induction is in the main salon around 11:30, the Rhythm Ritual in the same place around 12:10 or so, and the Hoopla is right after that in the Library (so stand close...when the seats are gone, they're gone!).

I hope you have as great a first PI trip as I did last weekend! And Kungaloosh!

*Eth*

Dizknee_Phreek

and for pete's sake, don't go to PI on a sunday night! i only halfway believed the people that told me PI was dead on Sunday nights, but they're right! at one point, me, my sister, and my friend were the only 3 people in the jazz club. and NO one was on any of the dance floors! the only club that had any kind of life was the Adventurer's Club, which is more my style anyway. i could spend HOURS there! and their 'radio' show is so funny!

btw, those of you who have seen the show, what's the little ditty for Jinkies? i forgot! the only part i remember is when the audience yells 'We love em!' :confused:

Dayma

I think its dead on Sundays depending on what season it is. You get a lot of locals on PI but during the summer you still get a nice little crowd on Sundays..

hail2pitt1103

=( i wish someone would have told me about all the stuff in the adventurers club during my college program, i loved the atmosphere there. all we knew about was the mask room, which is incredibly creepy after a night of drinking. oh well, it gives me something to look forward to for my next trip.

even though Mannequin's is the closest thing to a rave that you are likely to find, be forewarned that it is basically a gay bar. if this doesnt bother you then you'll be good to go, but if you are going to the clubs to pick up some girls, then you may be disappointed.

Originally posted by hail2pitt1103
=( i wish someone would have told me about all the stuff in the adventurers club during my college program, i loved the atmosphere there. all we knew about was the mask room, which is incredibly creepy after a night of drinking. oh well, it gives me something to look forward to for my next trip.

even though Mannequin's is the closest thing to a rave that you are likely to find, be forewarned that it is basically a gay bar. if this doesnt bother you then you'll be good to go, but if you are going to the clubs to pick up some girls, then you may be disappointed.

There are plenty of straight girls who go to Mannequins. I used to frequent the place every Thursday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom