Please Vote CBR or CSR???

EnchantedPrincess

Our family is going to Disney in October. We usually stay deluxe at WL or Poly. Not possible this year and we need to book a modertae resort. Our kids are DD8 and DS4. I'm having trouble deciding between CBR and CSR. I even did pros and cons and they are even :veryconfu. So please tell me which you like better and why. I need to book today. I think both have great pools, not sure which has nicer rooms. Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:

captainkidd

CS is my fav resort. It is fun, beautiful and the pool was amazing. CB was great, too, but the walk to the main hub was sooooo far. I think we stayed in Aruba. Pretty walk but far. The rooms at CS were much more fresh than CB, at the time we went. We did like the boat ride to DTD from CB, though. Your kids may like that. CB is also being renovated right now so the rooms will be new for you. If your kids like Nemo or Pirates, they would love the new themed rooms. I know my DH and DS would love the pirate one.

Big decision, I know. Good luck.:)

I thought the boat ride to DTD was from Port Orleans...

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

I thought the boat ride to DTD was from Port Orleans...
you are correct.

I really don't know how Caribbean Beach is winning this contest! :lol: whatever.

When i stayed at CB last November, there was no indoor bar. The only place you could get bar service was by the pool which is not so great when it rains.

Coronado has the best bus service of all the moderates, because there are fewer guests going to the parks than at others.

Coronado has an awesome Jaguar slide and great theming around its Mayan pool.

I seriously doubt the walk around time from the nether regions of Coronado is any further than comparably located rooms at Caribbean Beach. both resorts draw complaints about how spread out they can be. Whenever I've stayed at Coronado (twice, both times during peak season) they've had carts zipping around the lake to pick people up so that they don't have to walk too far.

Coronado is newer, and its rooms seem newer by comparison.

Coronado has spa services. Caribbean doesn't.

Caribbean Beach's food court is higher rated because its food is more bland? That is a good thing to lots of people? :lol:

Fine, go to Caribbean Beach. I'll stay at Coronado. :lol:

Upvote 0

DKampy

I am Puzzeled by all the votes for CBR. My vote is CS Hands down. I stayed at CBR once when it 1st opened. I was not impresses...perhaps it has improved with age...who know. It is my opinion the Coronado is the nicest of the moderates...which I believe it is that way by design due to all the conventioneers. It also might be different if I had kids. It is not as kid friendly...The characters are not as prevalent there...you do see a lot of lap tops walking around....

all the food court is the best of any moderate.

Upvote 0

bhg469

Hands down coronado. The food court has a great selection and is different than any other resort. CBR felt like an all star to me with slightly larger room. The transportation at coronado was another reason I prefer it over CBR. The busses were always on time and frequent and i never had to stand at the end of a long day.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Yeah, sorry about that. I was also thinking of POR when I wrote my reply.

I guess the best thing for you to do is to decide what matters most to you/your family. Both resorts have a lot to offer. I prefer CS, but that's just me. I really don't think you'd be too disappointed at either and if you want, you can also divide your time between both resorts. 4 nights one and 3 the other.

Good luck!:wave:

Upvote 0

mad_mark

At the end of the day its all down to personal opinion.

We went to POR after reading all the rave reviews and found it very mediocre. When we were at CSR the mousekeeping was terrible which tainted the whole experience.

Our first ever onsite stay was at CBR so maybe that’s why we like it so much.

Which ever one you choose you'll have a great time

Upvote 0

EnchantedPrincess

Original Poster
Well I was all set at CSR then this morning a preferred opened up at CBR so we booked that!! My decision is they are renovating at CSR so we will try it next year. I plan to go to the PM for lunch though to see the resort.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Well I was all set at CSR then this morning a preferred opened up at CBR so we booked that!! My decision is they are renovating at CSR so we will try it next year. I plan to go to the PM for lunch though to see the resort.

Great choice! Preferred is almost always better than standard! Have a great vacation! :wave:

Upvote 0

goldenears

Even though you're stepping down to a moderate I think you'll really enjoy the CBR. We try and do a different resort each time we go, we think that's just part of the Disney adventure. Except, we were told the CSR was book for the dates we were requesting (Oct 19 to 25).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom