Please Help!

WDW97

Okay so I'm an 18 year old guy flying to Orlando on Sunday June 21st and arriving at noon. I'm staying at the Rosen Centre Hotel for a week for SonPower (a Christian music conference) Due to some travel complications and other things I'm arriving way earlier than the rest of my choir group. (I'm in Ohio right now and was in Colorado last week.) My choir group is driving from Mississippi and they get to Orlando at 12:00am. I've been wondering what I could do in the mean time and just had the thought of going to the park(s) by myself. I'll be going to MK, EPCOT, and DHS for a limited time throughout the week with my choir. The itinerary my director has sent me shows we wont be able to see Illuminations and we aren't eating a lot at the parks since we will be busy doing other things at the start of the park days. I'm sure I have enough money but I just need some opinions on what to do before I buy tickets.

Either spend my money on a one day ticket to either MK or EPCOT and the other parks. I know MK is slightly more expensive. Or buy a park hopper and try to do all the things I know I won't be able to do with the choir group.
If I end up going to the parks, I would like to eat somewhere, I know what places are good to eat in the parks but I've actually never been to any at the on property hotels.
Or I originally planned to just do stuff outside of the parks like shop at The Pointe or along international blvd since my hotel is right there, shop at Downtown Disney, Theme Park Connection, relax by the pool and find a nice place to eat a late lunch and dinner.
Finally since I'm alone and fixing to start college I just kind of felt like this was my moment alone to do whatever I want in one of my favorite places. Any advice on transportation to and from, tickets, time, restaurants, etc is greatly appreciated!

catmom46

I think with the amount of time you'll have that day, just buying a one-day ticket would be best. And for which park would depend on what you'd want to do or see that you won't be able to do with the choir group.

For resort restaurants, are you looking for "regular" table service or signatures?

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As @catmom46 said, a park hopper is a waste for a trip like this.

Just buy a single park admission.

For good eats, I'd just grab a snack on park. For a single day visit, I'd suggest splurging your calories at Sleepy Hallow. They have the most decadent treats and are often ignored (short line).

Transit, use Uber.

Upvote 0

tlev

If I were you, unlike what the others mentioned, I would splurge and get the park hopper. You are travelling solo so you don't have to worry about what others want to do. It's all about you. I would pick my top two parks. Arrive at opening at one of them and stay until closing at the other. With proper planning you should be able to do most, if not all, of your top picks. As for food recommendations, are you thinking of counter service or table service?

Upvote 0

WDW97

Original Poster
I'm getting to Orlando at 12:00pm, I have to check in to Rosen Centre Hotel on INTL blvd and take my luggage to my room. The rest of the day until 12:00am, I'll be free. Table service probably for dinner and quick service in whatever park.

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

Well that translates to not getting to any disney park until mid to late afternoon by the time you land at 1200 get baggage, rent car, drive to hotel, check-in, put baggage away and actually drive to and then get into a park. With that scenario getting you to a part at 2-3PM you really only have time to do 1 park. Magic Kingdom has BOG and CRT(too late to attempt to get a table there) the rest of the table service...Tonys, Crystal Palace, Plaza may be able to get 1 person in for Dinner but times may be limited as its the busy season. EPCOT has far more food options available and the YC/BC/Boardwalk resort dining locations right outside the International Gateway. DHS you are looking at Mama Melrose, SCIFI,50's Prime Time Hollywood and Vile, Drown Derby(Brown Derby is a signature and therefore expensive) ..either way Id look to see which park is open late that night and roll with that choice to maximize the money you are spending

Upvote 0

WDW97

Original Poster
Whatever you do, do not buy a one-day ticket. This is the most expensive option. Instead, buy a multi-day ticket. Multi-day tickets are good for up to 14 days after first use.

You mention: "I'll be going to MK, EPCOT, and DHS for a limited time throughout the week with my choir."

I suggest finding out from your director how many days the choir will be visiting the parks, confirming who will be actually purchasing your ticket (is this a group purchase or are you expected to buy your own?), and then buying a multi-day ticket for one more day than the rest of the group. If your group is park hopping, then buy a hopper. If not, then stick with the basic no-hopper ticket.

Alternatively, days can be added at the gate, as long as the ticket has at least one day left. If your director is unsure how many days you'll be visiting the parks, then start with at least a 2-day ticket and then add days once the director is sure how many days you'll be at WDW theme parks.
My director bought the tickets together a few months back without park hopping. I can't get my ticket from him since I'm leaving Ohio Sunday morning. Could I get another ticket 'new' to replace the already purchased one and just add another day at the gates or TTC?

Upvote 0

WDW97

Original Poster
Well that translates to not getting to any disney park until mid to late afternoon by the time you land at 1200 get baggage, rent car, drive to hotel, check-in, put baggage away and actually drive to and then get into a park. With that scenario getting you to a part at 2-3PM you really only have time to do 1 park. Magic Kingdom has BOG and CRT(too late to attempt to get a table there) the rest of the table service...Tonys, Crystal Palace, Plaza may be able to get 1 person in for Dinner but times may be limited as its the busy season. EPCOT has far more food options available and the YC/BC/Boardwalk resort dining locations right outside the International Gateway. DHS you are looking at Mama Melrose, SCIFI,50's Prime Time Hollywood and Vile, Drown Derby(Brown Derby is a signature and therefore expensive) ..either way Id look to see which park is open late that night and roll with that choice to maximize the money you are spending
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Going to Magic Kingdom since it's open until 12am and just eating dinner somewhere less busy.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

MK is the hardest park to do all the rides you want. If you're already doing a 3 day park ticket, adding an extra day won't be that much more. I have to do the park hopper bc I like to bounce around the parks. Downtown disney is another option.

Upvote 0

catmom46

My director bought the tickets together a few months back without park hopping. I can't get my ticket from him since I'm leaving Ohio Sunday morning. Could I get another ticket 'new' to replace the already purchased one and just add another day at the gates or TTC?

I believe if you get the Will Call Confirmation Number or Ticket ID for your ticket, then you could upgrade at the gates when you arrive. Are you able to get that info from the director?

Upvote 0

WDW97

Original Poster
I believe if you get the Will Call Confirmation Number or Ticket ID for your ticket, then you could upgrade at the gates when you arrive. Are you able to get that info from the director?
Yeah I probably can. So if I did this, it would help save money because I would be adding another park day to my 3 day ticket?

Upvote 0

catmom46

Yeah I probably can. So if I did this, it would help save money because I would be adding another park day to my 3 day ticket?

Yes, if my calculations are correct, it would be around $100 to add a 4th day plus hopper to your 3-day ticket. A 4-day is $305 (3-day is $275, so $30 for additional day) and hopper is $64 more, plus tax.

Upvote 0

WDW97

Original Poster
Since you mentioned renting a car. I don't think I'm old enough to rent a car and wouldn't feel comfortable doing that anyways. I know riding the bus could add another 30-45 minutes but I think that is going to be my only option.

Upvote 0

catmom46

So it would be best to add a 4th day for $30 without park hopper. (I've decided it would be best just to go to Magic Kingdom)

Yep! And for restaurant suggestions:

QS:
Columbia Harbour House in the park
Contempo Café at the Contemporary
Capt Cooks at the Poly

TS (assuming you don't want signature or character meal):
Kona Café or Ohana at the Poly
Wave at the Contemporary
Grand Floridian Café at GF

Upvote 0

catmom46

Since you mentioned renting a car. I don't think I'm old enough to rent a car and wouldn't feel comfortable doing that anyways. I know riding the bus could add another 30-45 minutes but I think that is going to be my only option.

Yes, the minimum age for most rental agencies is 21, plus additional charges for being "underage".

Upvote 0

WDW97

Original Poster
Yep! And for restaurant suggestions:

QS:
Columbia Harbour House in the park
Contempo Café at the Contemporary
Capt Cooks at the Poly

TS (assuming you don't want signature or character meal):
Kona Café or Ohana at the Poly
Wave at the Contemporary
Grand Floridian Café at GF
Yay! Thanks for the help! I'll be sure to either post here or make a trip report to share how everything goes. Now the only problem is getting all the ticket stuff straightened out and finding what bus(S) to take.

Upvote 0

catmom46

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom