Please Help me pick some restaurants!

kellydisney

I would like to know your favorite restaurant that we CANNOT miss on our trip to Disney. Tell me why it's your favorite and what you usually get. Thanks!
:slurp:

Mr. Tom Morrow

Ok, looks like I need to expand a bit more! Very nice to hear from you Belle, I must admit, I’ve had a crush on you ever since I first saw you in 1991! :animwink: Say, what’s this about having Italian in you, I thought you were from France?

When I said Alfredo’s (Epcot / Italy) was the best pasta anywhere I should have added inside WDW. We have a very large Italian population here where I live as well with restaurants as good as or better than Alfredo’s. But for the best pasta inside WDW, it’s definitely Alfredo’s!

I’m glad to hear you enjoy Boatwright’s so much. We did enjoy the food (dinner) but as I posted we found it a bit pricy for what you get compared to other WDW restaurants. Breakfast may be different? I must admit, the last time we dinned there was in February, 2001 so things may have changed, which is very common for WDW. :brick:

As for the California Grill, it was I who posted that its ‘hoity toidy’. I was referring to the menu selection which changes from season to season. This is strictly a personal preference as I enjoy plain food, a meat and taters kind of guy. So when I say skip it, I mean skip it if you’re a plain food eater, but those who enjoy exotic dishes, I hear they love this place. Here’s a fireworks viewing tip, there is an outdoor observation area on the same floor as the California Grill. You don’t need reservations to go out to the observation area to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. And trust me they are spectacular from this vantage point.

Upvote 0

Buckeye

If you want a quiet and/or romantic dinner with OUTSTANDING (best I've ever had) steaks, go to Shula's Steakhouse at the Dolphin (of course!). Be sure to bring your wallet as dinner for two with drinks and desert will run you about $100. But, let this midwestern boy tell you, it is worth every penny!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi Tom!!! Nice to hear I have a fan!!! I Agree with you on the everyday food type of thing. I cant do the really gourmet kind of places as it just doesnt suit my palate. Probably why I LOVE the 50's Prime TIme and Boatwright's for breakfast!!
Also I agree with some earlier postings, the Crystal Palace is really good for breakfast. Belle

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

my favs are
- liberty tree tavern... i always go for lunch 'twas fun
-biergarten (altho i am a big fan of morrocco)
-brown derby...cobb salad goooooood
-Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop... mmmm ice cream... worth every penny
-ohana ..... mmm meat
-boma l....ove this place !

Upvote 0

disneydawg

California Grill - best steak I have ever had bar none

O'Hana - so much food, so good, I waddled out of the restaurant

Coral Reef - lobster bisque appetizer, its worth going just for that

Jiko - great steak, duck and pork firecracker appetizer a must

Boma - breakfast was great, the juice they serve is awesome

Tusker House - yes its fast food, but most table service restaurants dont have food this good

Upvote 0
We try and eat at Prime Time every time we go. We love the Pot Roast. The atmosphere is good too.

The Brown Derby has the best Cobb Salad--ever.

We like eating at WDW, so I could go on and on........but those two really stick out in my mind.

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Originally posted by Gucci65
Hmmmmmm, maybe we will give that a try when we go down in 19 days. (Wow, now I'm excited - I didn't realize I was under the 20 day mark!):sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Grumpy - what kind of food do they serve during dinner. Buffet w/ some african bushman dishes thrown in (like b'fast)?

The food at dinner is all you can eat but unlike any buffet I have been to, They have great prime rib, Durban chicken which is kabobs with delicious African spices. I was told that they generally change the menu 3 times a week so there is a variety of things served. The night we were there they had a banana leaf wrapped salmon. The soups are delicious. You have to be a bit adventurous to eat there, but there are also choices like mac and cheese and they have a kids section with real plain stuff. And the dessert selection is awesome! Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

disneyisbest

Well the first thing that comes to my mind is breakfast at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. That is because they have the world famous Tonga Toast. I have to have it for breakfast at least one time while I am there.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by disneyisbest
Well the first thing that comes to my mind is breakfast at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. That is because they have the world famous Tonga Toast. I have to have it for breakfast at least one time while I am there.

:slurp: Great choice...and easy to make at home, too.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by disneyisbest
Really? Then you can make me some for christmas tigsmom.:lol:

How about a cooking lesson. :lol:

Tonga Toast

Ingredients:

2 or 4 slices sourdough bread, cut 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
1 banana
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
oil or shortening for frying
whipped butter and/or syrup

Method:

Cut a 1-inch pocket in one side of each bread slice. Cut banana in half crosswise, then split each piece lengthwise. Remove peel and stuff two pieces of fruit in each pocket of bread; set aside. Mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Mix together well the egg, milk and vanilla.

Heat about 4 inches of oil in a pan to 350º F. Dip stuffed bread into egg/milk mixture and let it soak a few seconds to let penetrate bread. Fry bread on both sides in hot oil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels or wire rack. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve.

Upvote 0

Cruella

We just got back last night and these were a big hit for us:
Biergarten (dinner)
Ohana's Character B-Fast
Whispering Canyon (breakfast)
Cinderella's Royal Table (dinner)
Sci-Fi Dine In (dinner)
Rainforest Cafe (lunch)

If you get the chance to hit SeaWorld, try to schedule the Dine With Shamu! It is costly but sooo worth it. The whales are only about 4 feet away from your table. My boys absolutely loved it!!

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

sometimes when i miss being at disney i cook stuff that they serve at the restaurants

i do the cobb salad from the brown derby and that chicken coconut curry soup thing from boma really well

now if only i could recreate the shrimp from ohana properly

Upvote 0

jmewin

Kelly, I just returned from the world and my favorite was Citricos. The food was marvelous and the ambience was also marvelous. I had grilled swordfish with a red pepper sauce which was to die for. Check out www.wdwig.com for menus. :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom