Please, Disney Gods let this crowd calendar be right. lol

Patcheslee

Hmm...I may have to reconsider a trip sooner than expected. All Naboo is going to break loose after SW opens. I have to see that, but I could enjoy some lower crowds beforehand rather than everything being more crowded afterwards.

That's what I'm thinking.
We chose to go a year earlier than planned because we figure resort prices will go up considerably due to the demand for SW land. DH said not again until a few YEARS after SW opens, I didn't wanna wait lol

Upvote 0

crxbrett

What good are extended hours if you are in a sardine can?

You take lower crowds over longer hours...always.

Oh I know that, but last year the crowds were actually pretty nice when I went in early Sep. Disney had extended hours since it was so busy in August and they probably expected it to continue into early Sep. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening this September if the last 3 or so months is any indication. I hope I am proven wrong by Disney though!

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Oh I know that, but last year the crowds were actually pretty nice when I went in early Sep. Disney had extended hours since it was so busy in August and they probably expected it to continue into early Sep. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening this September if the last 3 or so months is any indication. I hope I am proven wrong by Disney though!
We have been going Labor Day week since 2007. It used to be dead, walk on everything just about. Last year it was more crowded but still light compared to other times of the year. I am hoping to see a return to years past and hoping that calendar is correct! You get so much more done that you do not need the extra hours.

Upvote 0

crxbrett

We have been going Labor Day week since 2007. It used to be dead, walk on everything just about. Last year it was more crowded but still light compared to other times of the year. I am hoping to see a return to years past and hoping that calendar is correct! You get so much more done that you do not need the extra hours.

Yeah, I went last year from Aug 26 - Sep 3 and the entire trip was fairly light in crowds except for the very last day - which was Labor Day Sunday. It was packed at the MK! But the rest of my trip was awesome. I am going after Labor Day this year, so couple those crowd level predictions with the fact that crowds have been a lot less recently - it's a very optimistic situation!

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Yeah, I went last year from Aug 26 - Sep 3 and the entire trip was fairly light in crowds except for the very last day - which was Labor Day Sunday. It was packed at the MK! But the rest of my trip was awesome. I am going after Labor Day this year, so couple those crowd level predictions with the fact that crowds have been a lot less recently - it's a very optimistic situation!
It is always better after Labor Day. We get there Labor Day this year instead of the Friday before. I won’t go to MK on Labor Day because it is packed. Fingers crossed we get low crowds and no Hurricanes this time! Irma was barreling in the day we left. Traffic was insane. 😑

Upvote 0

crxbrett

It is always better after Labor Day. We get there Labor Day this year instead of the Friday before. I won’t go to MK on Labor Day because it is packed. Fingers crossed we get low crowds and no Hurricanes this time! Irma was barreling in the day we left. Traffic was insane. 😑

Yes!!! I am sooo excited about going this year since it is AFTER Labor Day! I'm feeling really good about the crowd levels! Especially after each day I check TP's levels and see that they are over-predicting what is actually seen. Let's hope we both have excellent trips with light crowds. :happy:

I actually had originally booked my DW vacation I went on last year for the 3rd-10th and moved it up a week last minute so I could go on Splash Mtn before it closed. Dodged that bullet named Irma! I still don't know if I would have opted to leave early or just wait it out and leave DW a day or 2 later than originally planned.

Glad you got out of town before Irma hit, too.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
@lentesta do you guys re-evaluate what a crowd level is dynamically through the year?

Meaning... if a day in sept is a 3 because your estimate was a '20min wait'... which scored a 3 before... but what if it was super crowded earlier in the year.. so now a 20min wait would be a '2'... does the day get re-scored as a 2 on the calendar? or when do you compute the levels?

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
@lentesta do you guys re-evaluate what a crowd level is dynamically through the year?

Meaning... if a day in sept is a 3 because your estimate was a '20min wait'... which scored a 3 before... but what if it was super crowded earlier in the year.. so now a 20min wait would be a '2'... does the day get re-scored as a 2 on the calendar? or when do you compute the levels?

Yes. The scale is updated monthly now. It doesn’t vary much. The blog post should explain it.

Upvote 0

Tinkerkelle

The predictions for our mid Oct trip went up from an average of around 6-7 each day to 8-9 and even some 10s. But then, a few weeks ago, they came down twice and now average about 4-5 and MK is a 1 on some on the Halloween party nights. We assumed it was a combination of a slower Summer and people waiting for Star Wars. 🤞🏻

Upvote 0

crxbrett

Just noticed Disney extended park hours for the MK for the 1st 3 Saturdays in September. They close the MK at 11p now on the 8th and 22nd, at 10p on the 15th and to 12am on the 29th of Sep. Those were the only extensions I noticed though. Also just noticed the Studios got extended to 9p on Saturday the 29th as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom