Please, Disney Gods let this crowd calendar be right. lol

JIMINYCR

I'm hoping that since it's under a month, these numbers won't pop back up.
pleeeze, pleeze, pretty please.... :joyfull:

LOL... before our trips I print out the crowd calendars and bring them along with us. Every morning before heading out to the parks I refer to them and I tell DW... This is going to be a # day. Sometimes they get it right but soooo many times Ive found a #1, #2 or #3 predicted day is really a #5, #6 or #7 day :eek::eek::eek:. Lets hope you find the crowds to be as they predict and you find a lot of open spaces.

Upvote 0

crxbrett

TP lowered the crowd calendar levels twice for my trip in the last week. I suspect it is because the parks have been way less busy this year than the previous 3 years. I am at work and don't have it handy with me now, but I have a spreadsheet that I keep track of the daily crowd predictions and actual levels as well as the previous year's levels. Since May, other than a few weeks in June, the parks have been consistently less crowded than the predicted crowd levels. There have even been a few 2s and 3s this summer which is pretty nuts compared to last year. To put it into perspective, there have been at least 2 weeks this summer where the avg crowd at DW was only 4.75-5.25. Last summer, the lowest was 6.25.

Early Sep is usually one of the least crowded times, but I suspect this year it is going to be even less if the last 3 months have been any indication. Potentially fantastic news for those of us who planned a trip in late Aug/early Sep this year!! :D:happy::cool:

Upvote 0

Patcheslee

I got my notice yesterday for later in June. I hope it's right, but considering last time we went was 1 week after Pandora opened it was bearable to us then so if I see those levels or less I'm okay. 9 and 10 gets a nice RED HIGHLIGHT lol

Upvote 0

crxbrett

I will say, the ONLY negative drawback to crowds being low, is park hours are not likely to get extended right before you go. Last year, Disney extended park hours about 2 or 3 weeks before my WDW vacation. I doubt it is going to happen this year since attendance has been noticeably lower than the past 3 or 4 years.

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

TP lowered the crowd calendar levels twice for my trip in the last week. I suspect it is because the parks have been way less busy this year than the previous 3 years. I am at work and don't have it handy with me now, but I have a spreadsheet that I keep track of the daily crowd predictions and actual levels as well as the previous year's levels. Since May, other than a few weeks in June, the parks have been consistently less crowded than the predicted crowd levels. There have even been a few 2s and 3s this summer which is pretty nuts compared to last year. To put it into perspective, there have been at least 2 weeks this summer where the avg crowd at DW was only 4.75-5.25. Last summer, the lowest was 6.25.

Early Sep is usually one of the least crowded times, but I suspect this year it is going to be even less if the last 3 months have been any indication. Potentially fantastic news for those of us who planned a trip in late Aug/early Sep this year!! :D:happy::cool:

Hmm...I may have to reconsider a trip sooner than expected. All Naboo is going to break loose after SW opens. I have to see that, but I could enjoy some lower crowds beforehand rather than everything being more crowded afterwards.

Some are putting off their trips until Star Wars opens

That's what I'm thinking.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just got an update for my upcoming trip to the world. Every day saw a decrease except for Labor day which is when we leave anyway so no problem. quite a number of 3 days and even a "1".
I'm hoping that since it's under a month, these numbers won't pop back up.

pleeeze, pleeze, pretty please.... :joyfull:

August is dead...been trending that way for a number of years.

I’ll be at the bar the same time...just haven’t decided on which bar yet 😉

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will say, the ONLY negative drawback to crowds being low, is park hours are not likely to get extended right before you go. Last year, Disney extended park hours about 2 or 3 weeks before my WDW vacation. I doubt it is going to happen this year since attendance has been noticeably lower than the past 3 or 4 years.

What good are extended hours if you are in a sardine can?

You take lower crowds over longer hours...always.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some are putting off their trips until Star Wars opens

I think we’ve officially gone overboard with that excuse. While I’m sure it applies to a lot of people...most of the people around here aren’t once every 3 year types. And the Star Wars fandom is - for the first time - being overstated. But that we shall see. This Star Wars thing isn’t 4 days of entertainment. It 2 rides and some shops...that’s a half day thing...so we need to kinda look at it from perspective.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm looking at it from the perspective of being the owner of a Disney-focused travel agency.

Well then...that is a very justifiable stance 😜

I think it is a big thing for a guy in your shoes...but isn’t as big to the overall, base travelers. I’d be interested to see what your opinions are on other topics...I’m following you. The TA perspective gives other insights.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom