Players of Epic Mickey will get a peek inside Walt's Disneyland apartment

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
Now THIS is interesting. From the Orange County Register:

Players of the new Disney video game for the Nintendo Wii "Epic Mickey," will get the chance to take a look inside Walt Disney's famous apartment above the Disneyland firehouse at the Disneyland Resort.
The game's creative director, Warren Spector, said that he deliberately put the apartment in the game that uses a forgotten look at Disneyland.

A portrait of Walt Disney hangs on a wall inside the apartment he built to keep from having to travel during the building of Disneyland.

lbhhh1-b78715560z.120101106150533000gogrfo2j.1.jpg

"I figured it was the only way I would ever get a look inside Uncle Walt's apartment," (Warren) said.
While at Disneyland showing reporters all the locations and attractions at the park that were the inspiration for many of the game's settings on Thursday, Nov. 4, Disneyland officials surprised Spector and the reporters accompanying him by taking everyone inside for a quick tour.
Spector said that unlike the darker look the rest of the game has, they treated Disney's apartment with respect, but would not reveal how gamers will be able to get inside.
The game features the return of Oswald the Rabbit, the first cartoon character ever produced on film by Walt Disney.
It is produced by Disney Interactive Studios, will be released on Thursday, Nov. 25, and is available only on the Nintendo Wii platform.

Wilt Dasney

Magenta Panther

Original Poster

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
Here's a Youtube video describing how much of the game is drawn straight from Disneyland. I'm excited that Warren specifically seems to be focusing on DL, since I think it's the most iconic park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUzEkepSQqg&feature=player_embedded

3 more weeks! I'm going out and buying my Red edition Wii today. I'll spend the next few weeks playing Wii Sports and Super Mario Bros. before Epic Mickey comes out. :sohappy:

Wow! I hadn't found that one! Thanks, it's great!

I'm getting a Wii as an early Xmas present for myself. Or, given my impatience, maybe an early Thanksgiving present...:animwink:

MSU Jafar

Everyone that is interested in buying this game may want to consider pre-ordering it. With the release date being so close to "Black Friday" I am sure they will be in high demand. I pre-ordered my copy at Target last week. DW and I are very excited for this game!

Wilt Dasney

Ordered mine from Amazon just this morning, along with a hardcover edition of the Prima game guide!

The hardcover edition is $10 more than the softcover with bonus content, but Amazon has it priced just $6 more and they knock off an additional $3 if you pair it with the deluxe edition of Epic Mickey like I did — so it really comes out to a $3 difference!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom