Play Stay Dine Watch 2018

vicbomb5

Hey everyone,
Figured I would start a thread for a Play, Stay, Dine 2018 promotion watch - it should be coming at some point over the next few weeks!

I have our trip booked for 2/3 - 2/12, hoping for a nice discount like I got last year.

We can use this thread to share info / rumors as they come out!

-Vic

prfctlyximprct

FYI got on the horn at 7 a.m. because the system upgrades were done per the site. The only discount that went live today was 2018 military discounts, still no Play, Stay, Dine.
Oh man :( I laughed out loud for real when I read "got on the horn".. never heard that expression until my coworker said it one day. I must live under a rock :p

Upvote 0

jpberta

Hi all! A Disney spanish internet site has posted in twitter (@viajeromagico) some details about Stay Play & Dine 2018 promo. This site owns a travel agency in Argentina. They say it will be for stays between 1/1/18 and 3/10/18. All Star Movies and POFQ excluded. 2 day ticket base minimum. And that can be booked starting 10/3. They are usually very solid when giving rumors. Anyone can confirm this?

Upvote 0

amy743

I am getting nervous pofq won't be on the list of places included. Just checked some other availability and appears a lot of places are full all of the sudden.

Upvote 0

krause

It was showing no availability at a lot of places for a few hours the other day and then it was fine later in the day. Probably just a glitch or because of updates being done.

Upvote 0
Has POFQ been excluded in the past for this deal? I am getting so anxious for this deal to come out! we already have our plane tickets booked for jan 7th-13th so no turning back even if I don't get a good deal o_O. we have never gone in January before, does this deal ususally book out fast even though it is just for visa members for the first 2 days?

Upvote 0

Vic23

Has POFQ been excluded in the past for this deal? I am getting so anxious for this deal to come out! we already have our plane tickets booked for jan 7th-13th so no turning back even if I don't get a good deal o_O. we have never gone in January before, does this deal ususally book out fast even though it is just for visa members for the first 2 days?
It will book up fast yes but Disney Visa vs. General Public have different pools of rooms. So if you don't get it when it comes out for Visa you could get lucky for public release. Also last year availability opened up as time went by too, so it varies.

Upvote 0

ADeer6

New to these forums. Heading to Disney Jan 29-Feb 4th at Pop Century. Already have a full MYW package. Should I keep this and hope for the best with availability and the promo? Or should I cancel and wait for this to go live? I’m a Visa cardholder.

Upvote 0

loleec

New to these forums. Heading to Disney Jan 29-Feb 4th at Pop Century. Already have a full MYW package. Should I keep this and hope for the best with availability and the promo? Or should I cancel and wait for this to go live? I’m a Visa cardholder.

In the past I have booked with MYW package ahead by several months. I use my travel agent to make the switch to the discount rate when the discount comes out--much easier for her to stay on the phone for several hours and she knows the "language of Disney booking".

We've stayed at Pop Century each year but last year when the time came for the switch, there were no rooms available for the discounted Play Stay and Dine rate (even though we were already booked there). So we ended up finding rooms at All Star Music that gave the PS&D discount. I was thinking the reason there were no rooms is that there have been rooms at POP getting refurbished which took rooms out of availability and since POP is popular, there was no need for Disney to offer discounts because they could fill the rooms that were still open.

So my suggestion to you is to be ready with a back up resort choice or two if POP is not available with the discount for the days you want.

Upvote 0

DisneyRoy

POFQ is almost always excluded from all promotions. It's small enough and always full they don't need a promotion to sell it out. So they don't. You might be able to get a room discount but I wouldn't count on it.

Upvote 0

loleec

So if I book all star music now without the discount what's about the amount I would save by waiting? The struggle is real...

It's been said that there is about a 15% savings on the whole package for the Play, Stay & Dine discount (at least in the past). But there are a lot of factors in there--How long you stay (does it include weekends which have higher room costs)? Which place you stay at? Are you including Park Hopper tickets? etc. That's why I get an idea what the cost would be for each place I would be choosing, (pre-discount) and what kind of resort I want to stay at. Then I put my choices in order. I give those choices to my travel agent and then she goes down the list while talking to a Disney booking agent to see what rooms they have available for the days we go. We ask for connecting rooms for the two rooms we reserve so I don't know if that affects the availability of the discounted resort rooms of each of those choices.

Also, in the past, room only discounts have been 10% for Value resorts at the time of year of the Play, Stay & Dine discount. It's more discount percentage for moderates and Deluxe resorts. I found that the PS&D discount was a better deal than a 10% room savings.

Upvote 0

Vic23

Got on the phone "horn" at 7 a.m. again today, at 7:01 there is / was a 90-minute wait to talk to someone. On the Disney TA site though I don't see the discount anywhere.....not sure what's going on / why such a long wait. I'm going to wait the 90 minutes - maybe the promo is out? When released all the time though you see it on the TA site as an online booking option too....very odd.Just keeping you all updated.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom