Play Stay Dine Watch 2018

vicbomb5

Hey everyone,
Figured I would start a thread for a Play, Stay, Dine 2018 promotion watch - it should be coming at some point over the next few weeks!

I have our trip booked for 2/3 - 2/12, hoping for a nice discount like I got last year.

We can use this thread to share info / rumors as they come out!

-Vic

Erin Star

I just added PSD to my Jan 30-Feb 6th stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Saved me 500 bucks. Thanks for the tips everyone!

May I please ask what the trick is to this? I have a reservation at POR in January and I've been on the phone with WDW reservations most the day and everyone I speak to is giving me the run around not to mention disconnecting me twice. :(

Upvote 0
May I please ask what the trick is to this? I have a reservation at POR in January and I've been on the phone with WDW reservations most the day and everyone I speak to is giving me the run around not to mention disconnecting me twice. :(

Have you tried online, all the deals are online so you can check availability for resorts and dates. and if you are a visa card holder check your email for a link to booking a visa room discount, animal kingdom lodge gets 35% off rooms (except Friday and Saturday) I was going to switch our POFQ to animal kingdom lodge and it would have only been about $200 more! so check online for sure and try changing your trip days by adding one to the end or shorting it that can also affect availability of types of rooms and deals. good luck!

Upvote 0

RNmom

I don't think there is a trick. Disney probably limited availability at the more popular resorts. POR is a deal compared to some of the other mods. They must have opened very few rooms to the deal at this location. I called within 10 minutes of the deal going live this morning and there was nothing at POR. I knew Caribbean would have it offered because of the construction and low booking. Maybe if you check out another pricier resort there would be availability. Pretty sure the PSD package is not available at values. I tried many of them when playing with my options online. Many are confusing it with the other Magic package. The way I saw it, if I am spending the same, getting the PSD, but getting a mod or lux resort I am winning! I am just so happy the DDP was included at Caribbean and I didn't have to pay the extra to upgrade.

Upvote 0

disneygal2411

I was just curious, the CSR still has availability with the play, stay, and dine deal the week I am going. Is there a reason why that resort is not sold out like every other one? I have never stayed there, but was thinking about it.

Upvote 0

Vic23

I was just curious, the CSR still has availability with the play, stay, and dine deal the week I am going. Is there a reason why that resort is not sold out like every other one? I have never stayed there, but was thinking about it.

It is all dependent on when you are going / popularity of the hotel / etc. CSR is used for a lot of conferences. If there are none the week you are going, chances are it got more stock for the promo.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

It is also under construction/refurb - some may shy away from it because of that.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

I'm curious if anyone successfully booked Pop for the play, stay & dine? We are thinking of a January trip a few years from now, so for the heck of it, I plugged our dates in online yesterday. I couldn't find any availability at Pop, even when I plugged in random dates. We are still not sure we can swing a stay at a Moderate and after a bad experience last year at Sports, the All Stars are out for us. I realize Pop is popular but it was disappointing to not see any availability for that particular offer. I did however find availability using the other 2 offers so at least there's that :)

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm curious if anyone successfully booked Pop for the play, stay & dine? We are thinking of a January trip a few years from now, so for the heck of it, I plugged our dates in online yesterday. I couldn't find any availability at Pop, even when I plugged in random dates. We are still not sure we can swing a stay at a Moderate and after a bad experience last year at Sports, the All Stars are out for us. I realize Pop is popular but it was disappointing to not see any availability for that particular offer. I did however find availability using the other 2 offers so at least there's that :)
Many of the rooms at Pop are currently being refurbished and therefore out of inventory. The refurbishment goes through May 2018 which likely accounts for no (or limited) PSD availability.

Upvote 0

loleec

I don't think there is a trick. Disney probably limited availability at the more popular resorts. POR is a deal compared to some of the other mods. They must have opened very few rooms to the deal at this location. I called within 10 minutes of the deal going live this morning and there was nothing at POR. I knew Caribbean would have it offered because of the construction and low booking. Maybe if you check out another pricier resort there would be availability. Pretty sure the PSD package is not available at values. I tried many of them when playing with my options online. Many are confusing it with the other Magic package. The way I saw it, if I am spending the same, getting the PSD, but getting a mod or lux resort I am winning! I am just so happy the DDP was included at Caribbean and I didn't have to pay the extra to upgrade.

PS&D is available for Values. I know because we got ours. We originally were booked (2 rooms) at Pop Century and I doubted there would be any discount rooms at Pop due to all those rooms being refurbished there. So I was ready with my priorities. Movies, Music then Sports. Music only had one room. Sports had both but in the preferred rooms (which is what I wanted anyway). One of our rooms will be Quick Service and the other Standard Dining plan. For the both rooms (including the upgrade cost in the dining plan) we saved $1049 from Sports without the discount and $1011 from Pop without the discount. I'm happy they did the Play, Stay & Dine discount again!

By the way, all this took place with me sitting next to my travel agent 3 or so hours after the discount came on. She knew the routine and what to ask for. She also had pre-booked a couple of options for me before I got there in case we needed to change resorts. When all was settled she cancelled the other bookings including the original Pop Century. This probably opened up more availability for others. She was told that in about 3 days, there will be more openings as the "pixie dust" settles and the 3 day holds get dropped. So I suggest to keep trying for the place you want even if you have already set a reservation with the discount.

Upvote 0

I’m honestly not sure. I had called twice. The first person I spoke with told me that there was no such discount available. But 30 minutes later with a different cast member on the phone and the PSD was available.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom