Plausible PI rumor

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I just got back from a 9 day trip to "the world" and I'm still 'in' with the PI CMs and I've heard a plausible rumor from several different people.

2011 - Off of the new Western Beltway - a new adult complex and the return of our beloved Adv. Club will be built - away from the shopping & dining

Rumors have been reported that they have documented everything in it's place at the AC and after September's congaloosh, everything will be moved as-is to either EPCOT's either China or Japan (I can't remember) or Japan/China itself... and then after the new complex is finished, moved over there for a re-opening.

:shrug: Seems believable enough to me

jmvd20

I am still holding onto hopes that Horizons the Sequel will be built very soon.

However, I did stop holding my breath a long, long, long time ago.

Kamikaze

I believe that the organizer of Congaloosh advised that Disney told him that Friday, October 2nd was last day they would be willing to book for the AC.

Maybe it was when he booked it.

Call up and ask for yourself. You can get through the end of the year, basically.

WhatJaneSays

Maybe it was when he booked it.

Call up and ask for yourself. You can get through the end of the year, basically.
I think that's a great thing. It shows that Disney is realizing that there is the demand there and a library full of fans waiting to get back in.

(Sorry I didn't really express myself that well in the last post - that's what I get for checking forums on my lunch break! :lookaroun I'm so bad ...)

jt04

I just got back from a 9 day trip to "the world" and I'm still 'in' with the PI CMs and I've heard a plausible rumor from several different people.

2011 - Off of the new Western Beltway - a new adult complex and the return of our beloved Adv. Club will be built - away from the shopping & dining

Rumors have been reported that they have documented everything in it's place at the AC and after September's congaloosh, everything will be moved as-is to either EPCOT's either China or Japan (I can't remember) or Japan/China itself... and then after the new complex is finished, moved over there for a re-opening.

:shrug: Seems believable enough to me

I can believe that they would build an entertainment complex for the 21 and over crowd and the possibility it could go near Coronado Springs (large convention crowds) also makes sense. It would allow for a jazz club, dance club, blues club etc and Disney would not a have a similar controversy that they had with the HoB musical content because it would be an area for 21 and over. As for the AC relocating to WS, that kinda makes your sources look less than credible. BUT I could see them recreating it at a brand new 21 and over entertainment complex on an isolated section of Western Way or at Flamingo Crossings.

I personally think Disney would be wise to create an adult resort (no kids allowed) somewhere on property. It would be a great draw for combination Disney cruise ship and land packages. And I am quite certain there would be a huge demand for the resort. Flamingo Crossings is a great location for such a resort. Seems like a no brainer to me.

MousDad

I have a hard time believing that they would essentially rebuild PI in a different location. That would be way too close to an admission of "we screwed up" for TWDC to ever make, and it is inconsistent with how it all went down.

But I do agree that an adult-only resort would be a perfect tie-in for the cruise line, as well as a potentially good draw from general resort traffic.

wild01ride

1041.gif

jt04

I have a hard time believing that they would essentially rebuild PI in a different location. That would be way too close to an admission of "we screwed up" for TWDC to ever make, and it is inconsistent with how it all went down.

But I do agree that an adult-only resort would be a perfect tie-in for the cruise line, as well as a potentially good draw from general resort traffic.

Let me try to explain the PI deal again as I see it. Disney has chosen to create a nightime entertainment complex for famalies to visit especially after the parks close or guests leave the parks towards the end of the day. They will never have to admit they "screwed up" because time will absolutely show it is a wise strategy. Disney already knows that. Now that does not change the fact that an adult entertainment complex with music and dance clubs is still a potentially successful venture which gives the rumor credibility in my opinion. Of course they may have already chosen the boardwalk for such a complex. Time will tell.

westie

I hope they do it but, my only fear is that maybe, maybe by the time they finish it and tweek it(disney always have to tweek things) it may be too late or seem droll. (fingers crossed)

jt04

I hope they do it but, my only fear is that maybe, maybe by the time they finish it and tweek it(disney always have to tweek things) it may be too late or seem droll. (fingers crossed)

What? Do what? Finish what? Tweak what? And please tell me what "droll" means.

Ashitaka

As for the AC relocating to WS, that kinda makes your sources look less than credible.

I could have mistook the meaning in the OP, but how I read that was that it would be stored there. Isn't most of Japan a never completed attraction building that's used for storage?

jt04

I could have mistook the meaning in the OP, but how I read that was that it would be stored there. Isn't most of Japan a never completed attraction building that's used for storage?

Hmmm. Very very interesting. Thanks for the clarification. This all seems plausible to me.

mikeb_86

This is intresting, it would be great for people 21 and over to go over to a new exciting place like that i hope it happens and if some of the best pi clubs was reinmaged this could work!!! I hope this is a very good source!!!

markjohns1

That is my exact interpretation of it. From what I understand there are several structures in WS that serve as storage. Although one part of the wording seemed odd:
...everything will be moved as-is to either EPCOT's either China or Japan (I can't remember) or Japan/China itself... and then after the new complex is finished, moved over there for a re-opening.
Does that mean shipping everything overseas to be stored and then shipped back once the complex is finished? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom