Planning?!?! What Planning?!! Help!

righttrack

Been to the world many times. Always for a week or more, always well planned, ADRs, etc. Always on property. Well now this. A small vacation opportunity has arose, Memorial Day weekend. Star Wars weekend if you're me! Hello?!?! I've never been there to Star Wars weekends and I'm a huge fan!!

OK, so onto this. Nonplanned, just Memorial Day weekend Friday-Monday. No ADRs, staying at Swan/Dolphin. Am I nuts? Any suggestions?

We are four, one grown daughter, one teen, husband, wife. We like to eat and we like all rides and attractions. I'd say we're park in the morning, try to see what we can get in at another park mid afternoon, and close the day out in World Showcase or MK extra magic hours.

minniemickeyfan

You will love Star Wars weekends if you're a fan! If you have the opportunity to go, I would go for it even without ADR's. I think Disney has some pretty good counter service options for dinner. Or visit POR, we love their freshly made pastas at dinner.
Have a great weekend we will just miss you as we are arriving June 1st.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

I say go as well and just enjoy it as you go. If it was your first time I would absolutely think your nuts, but being that you aren't I say go and enjoy the experience sometimes the unplanned moments and trips are the most incredible ones because you aren't restricted to any time slots and stuff. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Been to the world many times. Always for a week or more, always well planned, ADRs, etc. Always on property. Well now this. A small vacation opportunity has arose, Memorial Day weekend. Star Wars weekend if you're me! Hello?!?! I've never been there to Star Wars weekends and I'm a huge fan!!

OK, so onto this. Nonplanned, just Memorial Day weekend Friday-Monday. No ADRs, staying at Swan/Dolphin. Am I nuts? Any suggestions?

We are four, one grown daughter, one teen, husband, wife. We like to eat and we like all rides and attractions. I'd say we're park in the morning, try to see what we can get in at another park mid afternoon, and close the day out in World Showcase or MK extra magic hours.

No, you are definitely NOT NUTS. We are going the same weekend. I too, am a Star Wars freak (still have the original sound track LP I bought in 1977) and can hardly wait - 7 more days! I realize that Memorial Day will be insane and hot and now with Rock Your Disney 24 even more insane, but I don't care. We are going to stay in MK until it closes at 6:00AM on Saturday (well, we might go back to the room around 1AM and come back at 4AM, just to get some sleep) and then go back for a few more hours of shut eye, then head over to DHS for our Star Wars day.

I'm thinking without FP+ selections and ADR you might have a problem riding the rides you want or getting into TS restaurants; I think every special Star Wars event/FP+ selection is sold out for Memorial Day weekend. I didn't snap up the Feel Your Force package with the dessert fireworks when it was announced and missed that.

If you can last, I would head over to MK during the Rock Your Disney 24 period in the early AM to get those rides you couldn't earlier in the day. Plus, all the parks have extended their hours for that Friday. I believe the parade at DHS starts at 11:00AM and you don't want to miss that.

Just expect crowds and lines for QS restaurants and probably long standby wait times at DHS and MK. You might want to check a kiosk when you get to a park to see what FP+ selections might still be available. But have fun, and FEEL THE FORCE.

Upvote 0

tlev

It sounds like fun to me! I too am a planner, but it would be an interesting and exciting experience to go on a whim with no plans. I hope you have a great time!

Upvote 0

righttrack

Original Poster
ADRs don't look too bad for some of the places I like. With a short trip, one thing I'm learning is avoiding resort dining, except where I'm staying (along boardwalk). I think it's too much time to cut from the trip for transit. We will confine ourselves to boardwalk restaurants and the parks we are going to. Studios is a mess, no TS avail at all due to Star Wars weekend.

Upvote 0

G8rchamps

I guess I'm in the we'll be there too club. Fri night check in and out on Monday. Myself, DW, DS9, and DD6. We are going to skip the 24 hr for sleep and RD MK Saturday. Fantasyland first thing, FP resies, and out early for 4pm Hoop De Do (first time, can't wait). Sat will also be a RD day, but at HS to try and get the kids into Jedi training. My wife, the non planner, has FP for the day and then dinner ADR at Garden Grill. We expect a busy weekend so we will hit what we can and enjoy the crowd!

Upvote 0

righttrack

Original Poster
We are going to crash the 24 maybe at 1am after a good nap. It's hard to resist dawn hours in the parks, just strange. Will do a park opening, then crash for a couple hours and eat something the next day. Finish out the next day at Studios to see some Star Wars stuff. Caffeine is an amazing drug

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

I will be there Memorial Day Wknd too, my first SW event. I think spontaneous trips are awesome, and I love last minute ones too. Who cares if it's crowded, like you say, try to do some morning attractions at a park and you can hit another park in the afternoon or chill at the resort by the pool and rest up for nighttime hours. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom