planning visit first week of December/07

corgi998

Hi there, anyone ever been to DW at the beginning of December? do you know if this is a "quiet crowd time"? also anyone know when the Christmas parade is being filmed? :xmas:

DisneyJoe

Christmas parade is usually filmed the first weekend in December, probably December 1-2 this year.

I would call this more of a low to moderate crowd time, however, the onsite resorts book very quickly - Disney VISA and Annual Passholder discounts were just released for 9/30-12/23, I expect discounts for the public on 8/16.

If you want to go then, I'd book it ASAP.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

We went the first week of December last year and loved it! Crowds were low and the weather was great. We were at the MK the weekend they were filming the parade...my advice would be to choose other parks on those days. Main Street and the castle area were blocked off alot of the time which made it difficult to navigate around the park. And when we entered MK, since Main street was blocked off they made us walk behind the shops on Main Street....next to a parking lot and it smelled like a toilet back there. It was ashame because it was my grandma's and cousin's first time at the MK and they missed stepping onto Main street and seeing the castle....so sad! I have heard others say the rides are less crowded during the parade filiming, but we did not find this to be true. The park was a madhouse....we will never again go to MK durning the parade filming. And if you were hoping to attend the filiming, it is not all it is cracked up to be. The parade is not filmed continuously as it appears to be on tv...they film it in segments over the weekend. Now that I am finished griping about the parade, I'll say again....it is the perfect time of year to go to WDW.....and make sure you go to MVMCP! Have fun!:xmas:

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

Be aware that the first week in dec. is when they usually hold the Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer and Dance Championships. You can expect large groups of children during that time,:lookaroun :eek: :lol: Especially if you are staying at the All Stars Resort.

Upvote 0

SarahSmilin1117

I have got to say...

You are going at the best time of the year! Everything is Christmasy, it isn't hot, not over crowded. It was my favorite trip. You should really look into doing Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party. That was another highlight you can't get in the summer months. It's kinda pricey but I really thought it was worth it. Ugh, i'm so jealous! You are going to have a great time :xmas:

Upvote 0

corgi998

Original Poster
thanks so much! I will definitely try to check it out. We are so excited to go. We went last year during Thanksgiving and weren't able to see most things as it was super crowded - never again!!

Upvote 0

corgi998

Original Poster
Thanks so much. I was actually looking to avoid the parade so I will make sure to stay clear of MK on those days. We don't arrive till late evening on December 1st so hopefully we can avoid the parade altogether. Sorry to hear that your family never had a chance to view the castle from Main Street as this is my personal fav. Hopefully they get a chance to see it again. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Nice people but it can sometimes affect the crowd levels.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2007 Pop Warner Super Bowl
and National Cheer and Dance Championships
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
December 2 - 8, 2007
Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex
[/FONT]
DWWS_Logo.gif

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

Pop Warner will be holding the National's the first week in Dec. Also, the crowds can get quite large and the Seasonal Passholder's are blacked out during Christmas so they tend to go right after Thanksgiving to see the Christmas displays & shows. It's a real iffy time crowd wise.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom