Planning our Swan Wedding

Sweet Melissa

Original Poster
I intend to post a recap of sorts and some vendor reviews in the coming weeks, but for now, here are a couple of our favorite photos from the day.

Wedding-2-e1385346900354.jpg

Wedding-5-e1385349877632.jpg

Wedding-6-e1385351498880.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Just saw this now...I hope you're wedding day was as magical as you thought it would be! I can't wait to read about it! Did you write a trip report? I haven't gone lurking in there in a few....need to go catch up over there.

And how did you like V&A's??? My husband and I dined there the day after our wedding to celebrate and I booked the regular dining room, but they placed us in the Queen Victoria room. Seriously hands down the BEST restaurant I've been too...if it wasn't so expensive I'd eat there every trip! Did you do the wine pairings? We did because it was the first very fancy restaurant we've ever been to and had no idea what any of the wines were! But when they paired them...man they did a good job! Who was your waiters?? We had Shaun as an assitant waiter and I can't rememebr what our main guy was (Dan I think?) When we came back I wrote an email to Disney about the incredible service there and praised our servers...sorry I've rambled on and on about V&A's lol.

Your teaser pictures there look beautiful! Can't wait to see more of them!

Sweet Melissa

Original Poster
Just saw this now...I hope you're wedding day was as magical as you thought it would be! I can't wait to read about it! Did you write a trip report? I haven't gone lurking in there in a few....need to go catch up over there.

And how did you like V&A's??? My husband and I dined there the day after our wedding to celebrate and I booked the regular dining room, but they placed us in the Queen Victoria room. Seriously hands down the BEST restaurant I've been too...if it wasn't so expensive I'd eat there every trip! Did you do the wine pairings? We did because it was the first very fancy restaurant we've ever been to and had no idea what any of the wines were! But when they paired them...man they did a good job! Who was your waiters?? We had Shaun as an assitant waiter and I can't rememebr what our main guy was (Dan I think?) When we came back I wrote an email to Disney about the incredible service there and praised our servers...sorry I've rambled on and on about V&A's lol.

Your teaser pictures there look beautiful! Can't wait to see more of them!

Thank you! I don't think I'm going to do a trip report this time around. We were too busy enjoying each others' company to take notes or go crazy taking photos. I was waiting for the rest of our pictures to come back before I do in-depth vendor reviews and a write up of the wedding day, but I did give a brief rundown on our blog with the first 10 teaser photos we received. You can click here to read that.

I have to say that I have mixed feelings about Victoria and Albert's. The food was very good. Probably not the best we've ever had, but still outstanding. Certain dishes fell a little flat, but for the most part, we enjoyed our meal immensely. I thought the service was a little theatrical -- so much so that I had to stifle a laugh at points. They take themselves very seriously there. :D

PartOfYourWorld

Thank you! I don't think I'm going to do a trip report this time around. We were too busy enjoying each others' company to take notes or go crazy taking photos. I was waiting for the rest of our pictures to come back before I do in-depth vendor reviews and a write up of the wedding day, but I did give a brief rundown on our blog with the first 10 teaser photos we received. You can click here to read that.

I have to say that I have mixed feelings about Victoria and Albert's. The food was very good. Probably not the best we've ever had, but still outstanding. Certain dishes fell a little flat, but for the most part, we enjoyed our meal immensely. I thought the service was a little theatrical -- so much so that I had to stifle a laugh at points. They take themselves very seriously there. :D

Your pictures are beautiful! I can't wait to see some more! And how lucky you guys got that rainbow behind you! Plus a little rain is good luck on your wedding day right? :)

I can see what you're saying about the service. The server I was talking about Shaun, was very serious in the very beginning, but when he realized we were nervous and had never been to a restaurant like that before he opened up and was very casual and comfortable but without breaking the Victoria and Albert's standard you know? That's why we liked him so much so he wasn't too stifling. Especially when I had a little too much wine and starting drooling over how they made the coffee...i remember going on and on about how i was and engineer and it interested me so much :banghead:

OrlandoMatt

I love that location and the grassy sides by the canals are great for photos. The one thing I'd mention to you is the time for your ceremony there. Around 12-3pm when the sun is overhead it shines through those trees and puts a REALLY harsh pattern of bright light and shade from the leaves on everything (Including the bride and groom) and makes for really difficult ceremony photos for the photographer that's hard to escape.

Sweet Melissa

Original Poster
I love that location and the grassy sides by the canals are great for photos. The one thing I'd mention to you is the time for your ceremony there. Around 12-3pm when the sun is overhead it shines through those trees and puts a REALLY harsh pattern of bright light and shade from the leaves on everything (Including the bride and groom) and makes for really difficult ceremony photos for the photographer that's hard to escape.
The wedding was at 4:00 PM, just a couple days after daylight savings ended. The ceremony time was chosen by my photographer, actually. The light at Crescent Terrace was wonderful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom