Planning an trip in october

Gentieno

Hi everybody who reads this forum,

In advance: Sorry for the bad English, i am from Holland so my english is not as good as yours. Hope you all understand me!

Me and my wife are panning a trip to Disney world from 16 - 25 october with our kids from 5 and 3. We ve been to the world 4 times and it was Always in November. This time we want to see the Halloween over there and introduce our kids to the magic and wonder of Disney world (Euro Disney is nice but world Disney is so much bether!!!!).

I am very curious what the average wait times are in the specific period and what the weather is? Is it worth to go in the specific period. Is it not too wet or to hot, how about thunderstorms?

Hope you guys can help me.

Thanks, Dennis

real mad hatter

Ok,First hello from Scotland.Ive been 5 times since 2004,all in July..But our next trip we are planning for October also..This time of year is also new to me but from what I've already found out is the crowd ( party people ) is much less than in July,there is a calendar crowd app available to check this out..Rainfall is much less in October.The weather is not as hot & humid but still warm.Iam sure my American friends on here can give better information than I can,;)

Upvote 0

Gentieno

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. Enjoy your trip overthere! I think it is fantastic! I also found some info on the net but thats Always from tour operators. I hope the people who live there or visit Disney regular in that time frame can asnwer my question. I feel more confident about there input.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We usually go around Oct-Dec. October is pretty much similiar to November. Might be a little warmer than November but there is not much rain usually and crowds are still lower like November as well. Also you can go to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot that is there all month. Also there is Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom on select nights that you can purchase tickets for. So you have something the adults will like the Food and Wine Festival and something the kiddos would like the Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party. Parks are all decorated for the fall/Halloween. Like I mentioned it will be very much like November just maybe a little warmer. :)

Upvote 0

DisSplash

From everything I hear, it is a fantastic time to go to Disneyworld -- less crowded, less waiting, and less humid and hot yet nice enough to go swimming at the hotel. Our friends went in October one year and declared it was the best trip they ever took to Disneyworld. We have only gone in June, July, and early September, and are headed back again this August, so we are very familiar with the hot and sticky weather and extensive lines for rides, but one of these days I will definitely get there in October!

We did get to do Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party when we went in September (they start that early). That was a total blast! The kids wore their costumes, got to trick-or-treat for candy, and we got on almost every ride twice! I highly recommend it!

By the way, your English is pretty good! :)

Upvote 0

Gentieno

Original Poster
By the way, your English is pretty good! :)

Thanks! I try to keep with you guys but I hardly speak any english! Only twice a year on holidays! And i never wite, yeah back in school 16 years ago! LOL

If i summerice you all. You are saying, ocober is a great month to go! That's nice to hear. It's a lot of many to go there so I wanted to make sure it's worth the money!

The new fantasyland expansion is finished by than? Only the dwarfmine will open in 2014 right?

Dennis

Upvote 0

DisSplash

You are correct! Fantasyland should be all complete with the exception of the Dwarf's Mine Train. When we planned out trip last year, I had hoped everything would be finished for our trip next month and so I was a little bummed out to hear that the Mine Train would not be done until 2014. But then I realized it was just another reason to go back in 2014 or 2015!

Upvote 0

Sharkreef11

We've been in October twice. It is easily one of the best times to go all year. It is warm but not humid so are very comfortable walking around the parks all day. MNSSHP (Magic Kingdom's Halloween Party) is a can't miss. The park closes at 7pm to regular admission guests and the party is an extra fee but you get to stay from 7pm to 12am. Everyone dresses up, people are trick or treating (people of all ages and you don't have to dress up to trick or treat.) It also has special fireworks and parade. The biggest plus is the rides are almost all walk-ons. The Food an Wine Festival at Epcot is amazing and also a must do. The crowds are some of the best all year considering all the events going on. If you've never been on this site: Dad's Guide to Disney World, you should check it out. http://www.dadsguidetowdw.com/october-disney-world-crowds.html While it's not perfect, it truly gives you a good idea of what to expect crowd wise in the parks. They are pretty accurate. Enjoy!!

Upvote 0

In advance: Sorry for the bad English, i am from Holland so my english is not as good as yours. Hope you all understand me!

Me and my wife are panning a trip to Disney world from 16 - 25 october with our kids from 5 and 3. We ve been to the world 4 times and it was Always in November. This time we want to see the Halloween over there and introduce our kids to the magic and wonder of Disney world (Euro Disney is nice but world Disney is so much bether!!!!).

I am very curious what the average wait times are in the specific period and what the weather is? Is it worth to go in the specific period. Is it not too wet or to hot, how about thunderstorms?

Thanks, Dennis
Hi Dennis! I alway vacation to the world in sept/oct, and it's a great time to go. It does get slightly busy mid Oct but overall crowd levels are manageable. I have seen an increase in crowd levels for last week September first two weeks of October etc due to free DDP being offered. We have never had a wait time of over 25 mins for any ride. You will need to purchase separate tickets for MNSSHP, great experience for children to see American trick n treating and lots of fun. In terms of weather it can vary year to year, our first vacation was mixed, next was 100 degree heat every day which I loved being from Scotland and weather is rubbish most of the year haha and then our last vacation weather was good but everyday a thunderstorm came and normally they only last 10 minutes however these were lasting 2hrs which was a bit unusual.

Upvote 0

SMS55

It's a great time to come. I was there last year around from the 23-26 and the crowds were manageable. I can't speak for MNSSH but the park crowds were not bad at all. October tends to be a slower period because the kids are in school. It's when Disney offers us Florida residents discounted tickets and hotel room rates. The weather is also very nice. The summer rainy season has ended, so the humidity has dropped to a comfortable level and the afternoon thunderstorms are becoming infrequent. We aren't getting the cold front you would get from November to February that would make you wonder if you were in Florida. You might get a little cold weather but nothing someone from Holland can't handle and it is usually short lived.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

October is a great time to visit. The weather is usually nice. You can attend both the Halloween Party and the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT. Crowds are not too bad (except for Halloween and for Columbus Day Weekend). Sometimes the Dining Plan is offered for free in October. We loved Disney in October.

Upvote 0

JohnD

October is a great time to visit. The weather is usually nice. You can attend both the Halloween Party and the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT. Crowds are not too bad (except for Halloween and for Columbus Day Weekend). Sometimes the Dining Plan is offered for free in October. We loved Disney in October.

I'm going in early October and plan to attend the Halloween Party and the Food and Wine Festival. Weather is better too.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I hope you are able to take advantage of a free dining offer. Those Snack credits are great to use at the F&WF kiosks!

Not sure which is the better deal: AAA rate on my room or free dining with full rate on the room. Right now, I have booked a AAA rate for POFQ. I was planning on purchasing the Tables in Wonderland card upon arrival to get dining discount. Being that I have a Florida Resident pass, I could very well be back within a year and still take advantage of the TIW card.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

I live in Florida and can tell you its the perfect time to go to Disneyworld. The weather is perfect at that time! High in the 70's, lows around 60's. Very little rain. Crowds are great as school is in session. October is so good my daughter got married there last October! Enjoy your vacation!

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

Not sure which is the better deal: AAA rate on my room or free dining with full rate on the room. Right now, I have booked a AAA rate for POFQ. I was planning on purchasing the Tables in Wonderland card upon arrival to get dining discount. Being that I have a Florida Resident pass, I could very well be back within a year and still take advantage of the TIW card.

Don't forget you get a discount on Tables of Wonderland with the Florida Resident Pass! I find with only two of us we make out better with the room discount and the dinning pass. A few months out check for Florida Resident discounts on the room they are sometimes cheaper than AAA. You can always switch to them.

Upvote 0

roggie28

Thanks, Dennis

My Wife and I always go in October, In fact we will be checking in when you all are checking out....October is an awesome time to go, wait times are awesome and weather is prefect.....Hope you all have a blast :)

Upvote 0

Gentieno

Original Poster
Dear forum uiers,

Thanks for all the good comment! I F i had any doubts they are all gone now! The weather is awesome and the waits are great! I am sure we have a great 7 days in the world!

If anyone have any tips feel free to spam them overhere!

Dennis

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom