Planing my trip

foggster

I am planing my trip and do not want to miss anything any comments or suggestions would be welcomed. I used this site for most of my planing so thanks to all.

6 nights end of October, 3 kids 10, 7, and 4 staying at Polynesian this is only my 2nd time to Disney last time was over 4 years ago and we missed out on alot due to one of the kids getting sick and being the first time and not being prepared or knowing what to expect.

Day 1 Thursday 10/26- MK until 6pm Epcot dinner 7:20 Rose and Crown Fire Works

Day 2 Friday - AK until 5pm Down Town for Cirque Du Soleil at 6pm and dinner 8pm at Crab House

Day 3 Saturday MK all day rides and shows 2:10 lunch at Cinderella's Castle stay for fireworks at night

Day 4 Sunday MGM rides and shows, lunch at Sci FI
dinner and show package at The Hollywood Brown Derby

Day 5 Monday Epcot- 11:20 lunch Disney Princesses Akershus see world and rides in Epcot 5pm Dinner Les Chefs de France 7pm MK for
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Day 6 I have open for suggestion, I was thinking as a bad weather back up day or just a resort day to relax at the pool before we go home I booked a 7pm dinner at Ohana

thanks again

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I am planing my trip and do not want to miss anything any comments or suggestions would be welcomed. I used this site for most of my planing so thanks to all.

6 nights end of October, 3 kids 10, 7, and 4 staying at Polynesian this is only my 2nd time to Disney last time was over 4 years ago and we missed out on alot due to one of the kids getting sick and being the first time and not being prepared or knowing what to expect.

Day 1 Thursday 10/26- MK until 6pm Epcot dinner 7:20 Rose and Crown Fire Works

Day 2 Friday - AK until 5pm Down Town for Cirque Du Soleil at 6pm and dinner 8pm at Crab House

Day 3 Saturday MK all day rides and shows 2:10 lunch at Cinderella's Castle stay for fireworks at night

Day 4 Sunday MGM rides and shows, lunch at Sci FI
dinner and show package at The Hollywood Brown Derby

Day 5 Monday Epcot- 11:20 lunch Disney Princesses Akershus see world and rides in Epcot 5pm Dinner Les Chefs de France 7pm MK for
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Day 6 I have open for suggestion, I was thinking as a bad weather back up day or just a resort day to relax at the pool before we go home I booked a 7pm dinner at Ohana

thanks again

On the day you do DAK, I would allow a little more than an hour to make it from DAK to DTD, especially if the show starts right at 6pm. Since DAK closes earlier, the volume of people leaving at the same time you will be trying to leave may cause a delay in getting to DTD, plus, If I remember correctly, from the West Side bus stop, its still a nice walk to Cirque.

Upvote 0

metscool

Have you throught about the EMH in for those parks. I plan my trips around that. This last trip very night we were at the park that had the EMH. It was fun sitting and watching the people leave out of Epcot after the fireworks.

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

On the day you do DAK, I would allow a little more than an hour to make it from DAK to DTD, especially if the show starts right at 6pm. Since DAK closes earlier, the volume of people leaving at the same time you will be trying to leave may cause a delay in getting to DTD, plus, If I remember correctly, from the West Side bus stop, its still a nice walk to Cirque.

Same goes for the 6pm Cirque, getting to Fulton's Crab House by 8 will be really tight. The 6pm show will let out around 7:30. It's kind of slow to get out of there. You have to book it from the far end of Westside, all the way though Pleasure Island, almost to Marketplace. Traveling with kids, I'd make the ADR's for 8:30.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: I wouldnt plan a whole day in AK. Not enough there. also, you are really cutting your times close for some of your dinner reservations if you are using Disney transport. have fun, though.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Nemo14

:wave: I wouldnt plan a whole day in AK. Not enough there. also, you are really cutting your times close for some of your dinner reservations if you are using Disney transport. have fun, though.:sohappy:
I'd actually say the same thing about MGM (Day 4). Maybe plan to spend the morning sleeping in or relaxing, then hitting MGM for lunch and stay through Fantasmic.

Upvote 0

KHockett

I don't think I saw anyone mention this, but from what I know, you can't get to DTD from the parks (if you are using the bus system)- you have to go to a hotel first. That might make the AK schedule a bit tight. O'hanas is great!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I don't think I saw anyone mention this, but from what I know, you can't get to DTD from the parks (if you are using the bus system)- you have to go to a hotel first. That might make the AK schedule a bit tight. O'hanas is great!

I believe DAK and the Studios has direct bus to DTD. If not, take the bus to Saratoga and then walk or boat to DTD. Plan on taking about 30 minutes to do this though.

Upvote 0

foggster

Original Poster
Thanks for the info.

Are there taxi cabs one can take from AK to DTD?

Looks like I will have to space my timing a little better

Upvote 0

Nansafan

There are cabs at all the parks which will take you where you need to go if timing becomes a problem. We only experienced a problem with a driver once (in the 10 times or so we used a cab in 20 + WDW trips) and that was going from AK to DTD. Our driver assumed we didn't know what we were going and jumped on I-4 and took a very round-a-bout way to DTD. We questioned what he was doing when we realized where we were but it was too late to change routes at that point. He didn't get a tip for the trip since he took the long way round to DTD. We were just going shopping and not trying for a dinner/show reservation so the time issue wasn't a problem.

Upvote 0

foggster

Original Poster
Thanks for the taxi info

How long should it take me to get from AK to DTD by taxi, how will I know if they go the fastest way or not?

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

From what I can see there is only one thing missing from your itinerary, work naps back at the resort or you and everyone else will be dead by the end of the day. Believe me it is a thing that has to be done. After 13 visits to WDW you learn alot that they don't tell in those books. and then invent new things to work best with what you and yours can handle.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom