Planet Hollywood

ToTBellHop

It's needed it for awhile. It's not disney-run, is it? I remember a while back when Planet Hollywood went out of business, so I don't know who runs it now (and yet they are converted the Aladdin hotel in Vegas into the Planet Hollywood Hotel, so someone is running the show). I doubt if it were Disney that they would have let it get this bad though--though I don't know why they wouldn't put in contracts for DTD that the folks running restaurants there need to have top-notch upkeep.

ToTBellHop

it can't go now--you get a free meal there with vacation packages for 2006! I will find it much harder to complain about a free meal hahahaha

DisneyGrown-Up

I like Planet Hollywood myself. I really enjoy their burgers and wings and I think that naming the novelty drinks after movies is pretty cool. I also like the movie montages that play on the screens as well. I look forward to visiting it again next year.

Sincerely,

John "DisneyGrown-Up" Kilduff

Yoop33

I always liked the place. The food isn't the best but it is fun to go to to get something or chill with friends.
What is wrong with the paint? If I had to guess I would say it was faded real bad.

freaklarm

ISTCNavigator57 said:
I remember a while back when Planet Hollywood went out of business, so I don't know who runs it now (and yet they are converted the Aladdin hotel in Vegas into the Planet Hollywood Hotel, so someone is running the show).

They didn't go out of business, they went into some serious reorganzation, closing many stores and leaving open only those that where profitable, (like WDW, NYC, Paris, London, among others) I also believe they have new owners. :wave:

MissM

mousermerf said:
I think it just needs to go - if a place is in general disliked by most repeat guests and cast, it has problems.
Agreed. The entire place is one massive "bad show." :hurl:
-m

I've been to a bunch of Planet Hollywoods and I love them all. I've never had any problems with the one in Pleasure Island. The food is always good for me. Besides, if it leaves what does that leave Pleasure Island with that well-known....McDonalds? I'd take PH burgers over over-priced McDonalds anyday. Sure there are other places to eat like House of Blues and what nots, but it's home to rare and interesting movie props that you probably wouldn't get to see anywhere else. Otherwise, they probably all would've been destroyed (not everyone has space for props - so they trash them).

I'm sorry that some of you have had bad experiences there...perhaps you shouldn't go then...try perhaps....the Hard Rock (my actual preference between the two).

CoffeeJedi

i had a really bad experience there once, they lost our name in the computer, then tried to put us back at the beginning of the queue, different hostesses told us completely contradictory information, after 2 hours of being jerked around we decided to eat somewhere else (it wasn't even that busy, there was no line and plenty of open tables inside)

DisneyGrown-Up said:
Sincerely,

:lol:dude, its a forum... you don't need to "sign" your posts :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
clarksfan95 said:
I'm sorry that some of you have had bad experiences there...perhaps you shouldn't go then...try perhaps....the Hard Rock (my actual preference between the two).

That's just it - we don't. Nor does "anyone else" as theyu're giving away free meals with packages, tried offering the cast half priced meals and immediate seating ahead of the queue (which the cast knows is extremely valueable) and they still don't want to go there.

Quote a friend when asked if we should hit Planet Hollywood for dinner...

"Eww, I'd rather eat at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station."

Bad Show > No Show

ISTCNavigator57 said:
I don't know why they wouldn't put in contracts for DTD that the folks running restaurants there need to have top-notch upkeep.

They do.

I'm sure that the folks at PH (and AMC, for that matter) are made aware about the state of their buildings on a regular basis. The problem is enforcement and it's not like Disney is going to evict tenants because of faded paint, etc.

Since the hurricane three-peat, there are alot of buildings in the Central Florida area that suddenly look alot older than they really are. Unfortunately, the folks who can repair the damage are STILL behind and so there's not much one can do except wait.

In better news, there have been cranes out at Cirque this week so it's possible that they are finally getting their tent back!

-Billy

clarksfan95 said:
Besides, if it leaves what does that leave Pleasure Island with that well-known....McDonalds? I'd take PH burgers over over-priced McDonalds anyday. Sure there are other places to eat like House of Blues and what nots, but it's home to rare and interesting movie props that you probably wouldn't get to see anywhere else.

I'd rather stare at a blank wall (or folk art) with an Elwood at the House of Blues than eat at PH and look at Forrest Gumps bike!

-Billy

maleficant

I Agree Maybe it is Time that Planet Hollywood left. However I went there in January and had a really nice meal, although I have had nicer meals on disney property and I did not like the surroundings.
Very Expensive
Very Overated
And maybe a little outdated!
However our server was great!

ToTBellHop

maleficant said:
I Agree Maybe it is Time that Planet Hollywood left. However I went there in January and had a really nice meal, although I have had nicer meals on disney property and I did not like the surroundings.
Very Expensive
Very Overated
And maybe a little outdated!
However our server was great!
Yeah...I'd never pay to eat there, but a free meal with my WDTC package is a free meal...

Lee

Adventurer
Ok...I'll be the odd one out.
I eat there on a fairly regular basis and I enjoy the food and the atmosphere.
No complaints from me.:D

Ringo8n24

The spinach dip with tortilla chips are the best I have ever had. We now just go there to get an order of those with a cocktail at the end of the day. I highly suggest it.

DisneyGrown-Up

CoffeeJedi said:
:lol:dude, its a forum... you don't need to "sign" your posts :D

Perhaps not, but this is a trademark thing for me to do. I've been visiting message boards for more than half-a-decade now and this is the thing that defines me.

Please don't laugh or smile at me because of this...I hate being ridiculed because of my quirks (and being called "dude" doesn't make me feel too good about myself, either).:( :mad:

Sincerely,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom