Planet Hollywood or Rainforest Cafe?

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
I agree with everyone else Ragllin Road is a really great restaurant in the DD area. I would highly recommend staying away from RC or PH. If you want one of those themed places HOB is a pretty good choice. If you are not only looking at a DD location look at the resorts. There are some killer restaurants in the resorts. I'm sure if you are interested we can give tons of advice.

Have fun and good luck.
I have never heard of RR at DD.
Where in DD is it located?
What type of food do they serve?
We have all of our other TS meals reserved at the resorts.
:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have never heard of RR at DD.
Where in DD is it located?
What type of food do they serve?
We have all of our other TS meals reserved at the resorts.
:)
RR serves Irish food and is located pretty much dead center of DTD at one of the 2 entrances to PI. Later in the evening (Around 8:00) there is an Irish band that performs there called Tusker Rock as well as an Irish dancer. Here are their menu's

lunch
dinner
kids

snoble

:( Well if every other resturant in The World was closed except for RFC and PH aanndd there was absolutely no way for me to make it to a grocery store aannnd If the entire family family was about to expire from hunger then I suppose we would eat at PH. We were not at all impressed with the food at RFC they do not even participate in the DDP.

eagles

we had ressies at rfc dtd for 26april. first time there. and we loved it. i gave the man our name and we were seated right away, no wait, even though there was a very long wait. our server was great, no problems there. hubby and i both ordered the steak, which in our opinion was the best tasting steak we have ever had. son shared our meals. i think we had 2 appetizers and non alcoholic drinks.

everything was great (excellent), except the price. this place to us was very expensive, our bill was over $100 for just 2 adults, since son shared with us. that is our only complaint.

son and myself did wolfgang pucks also, ddp, so i did not pay attention to cost, overall everything there was good, the server was excellent however.

i would rate rfc dtd higher than wolfgang pucks, however, with ddp, i would prefer to stay with those restaurants.

next trip we will go to cap n jacks at dtd, and maybe planet hollywood.

the sci-fi is the only restaurant that is a must do on each trip. other than that we have never eaten at the same restaurant.

good luck with your decisions and enjoy whatever you decide.

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
we had ressies at rfc dtd for 26april. first time there. and we loved it. i gave the man our name and we were seated right away, no wait, even though there was a very long wait. our server was great, no problems there. hubby and i both ordered the steak, which in our opinion was the best tasting steak we have ever had. son shared our meals. i think we had 2 appetizers and non alcoholic drinks.

everything was great (excellent), except the price. this place to us was very expensive, our bill was over $100 for just 2 adults, since son shared with us. that is our only complaint.

son and myself did wolfgang pucks also, ddp, so i did not pay attention to cost, overall everything there was good, the server was excellent however.

i would rate rfc dtd higher than wolfgang pucks, however, with ddp, i would prefer to stay with those restaurants.

next trip we will go to cap n jacks at dtd, and maybe planet hollywood.

the sci-fi is the only restaurant that is a must do on each trip. other than that we have never eaten at the same restaurant.

good luck with your decisions and enjoy whatever you decide.
Thanks for the advice!
We had good luck w/ RFC at DTD on our last visit also.
I have just heard so many people give bad reviews lately.
I think we will try that again.
We probably will tri SFDIT at MGM too.
Thanks again!
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom