ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Help...
Would you recommend Planet Hollywood at DTD,
RFC at DTD,
or RFC at AK
for dinner?
We ate at PH last summer for dinner.
We ate at RFC last summer for dinner (but, lately everyone has given bad reviews).
Is it just the RFC AK location that is bad?

ImaYoyo

This will probably get moved to dining in case you can't find it in the near future. I would recommend neither. They're run-of-the-mill, nothing special, slow service, sub-par menu offerings, and nothing you couldn't find at a bar-and-grill with some theming slapped in there. If you're going 'chain' check out Wolf Gang Puck or House of Blues. But I would recommend Portobello if you like italian, captain jacks if you like a little variety and want a good view, or Raglan Road for an all-around great experience.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This will probably get moved to dining in case you can't find it in the near future. I would recommend neither. They're run-of-the-mill, nothing special, slow service, sub-par menu offerings, and nothing you couldn't find at a bar-and-grill with some theming slapped in there. If you're going 'chain' check out Wolf Gang Puck or House of Blues. But I would recommend Portobello if you like italian, captain jacks if you like a little variety and want a good view, or Raglan Road for an all-around great experience.
Agree whole heartedly. If I had to pick between RFC and PH, PH would win but just barely. At one time RFC was one of the better restaurants on property but food quality and service has really slipped over the last few years. PH has IMHO improved over the years but not by much. Ragland road is now my restaurant of choice at DTD.

mitchk

I say skip both of them (even though I love RC theming) It's not worth it. I say try out Wolf Gang Pucks. I ate there last May (and I have reversions for next Tuesday) It was great, the food, and the view. :slurp:

BSikor

I agree with everyone else Ragllin Road is a really great restaurant in the DD area. I would highly recommend staying away from RC or PH. If you want one of those themed places HOB is a pretty good choice. If you are not only looking at a DD location look at the resorts. There are some killer restaurants in the resorts. I'm sure if you are interested we can give tons of advice.

Have fun and good luck.

kennyj29

I'm not a big fan of RFC but we love Planet Hollywood. The appetizers were excellent. The food is good too but like you can get at any restaurant of that kind. The people are always nice, the food is always good but the appetizers are superb!

Disneyfanman

The kids like the RC, so we usually wind up there once per trip. The food is always average, and the service is always just OK. The kids like the theme though. The other one they like (on property) is Chef Mickeys. Now that one I agree with.

figmentmom

Are you taking kids with you, or is this an adults-only meal?

I'd check out Raglan Road. RFC is waaaay overpriced; its primary attraction, in my opinion, is the location. PH is marginally better. Neither one is worth burning your vacation time and money in - why not try something you can't find at (or at least NEAR) every mall? :lol:

Whatever you decide, have a great time! :wave:

MDL8981

Stay away from Planet Hollywood. Its overpriced and the food isnt good IMO.

Rainforest would be the choice, although when it comes to DTD restaurants I'm partial to Portobello and House of Blues.

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Are you taking kids with you, or is this an adults-only meal?

I'd check out Raglan Road. RFC is waaaay overpriced; its primary attraction, in my opinion, is the location. PH is marginally better. Neither one is worth burning your vacation time and money in - why not try something you can't find at (or at least NEAR) every mall? :lol:

Whatever you decide, have a great time! :wave:
Yeah, the kids are going too.
They loved the RFC last year at DD.
My in-laws are going w/ us this year & they have never eaten at a RFC, so I thought that they would like the setting better than PH.
Do you recommend anything else at DD?
:rolleyes:

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Neither. I agree with those who have recommended Captain Jack's. We have eaten there a few times. Good food...
Is CJ's expensive?
We have already filled up all of our TS reservations, so we would have to pay for this one ourselves.
I have heard that CJ's is good.
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom