Plan on EXTREMELY large crowds and SUPER long lines

Ghostdog

DD and I got here Monday, i thought I’d pop in an give a brief update on crowds and attraction wait times: EXTREMELY large crowds and wait times are SUPER LONG.

To give an example; the line for RocknRoller coaster went all the back to the turkey leg stand at HS yesterday…no joke!

We’re not ones for standing in an 120 minute line for an attraction we’ve ridden in the past.

Yesterday at HS we only rode Smugglers Run (new to us) and only because we opted for single rider and didn’t care if we were split up. We just wanted the experience. It’s a great ride.

We hopped over to MK last night after an afternoon nap during a rain shower and managed to ride, Space Mountain (DD did single rider). During the fireworks we walked right on to Buzz, Haunted Mansion, Pirates and we were the last boat for Jungle Cruise at 10:00. It turned out to be a nice evening.

This trip was paid for mostly by Disney Visa rewards but with no FP+, no dining plan (yep we’re avid DDP people and it’s totally worth it) had we known the crowds were at this level we more than likely would have chosen to go elsewhere for our quick girls trip.

Last edited:

DiSnEyF@n

I appreciate your honesty. We’re going August 13th- 29th and we’re hoping that by then, when Florida and most southern schools are back in school, the crowds will be a “little” bit better. With that said, we’re still going with the notion that the lines will be long.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

I appreciate your honesty. We’re going August 13th- 29th and we’re hoping that by then, when Florida and most southern schools are back in school, the crowds will be a “little” bit better. With that said, we’re still going with the notion that the lines will be long.
To be honest, I think the mobs we are seeing has little to do with school and most to do with the the various covid restrictions being lifted and folks wanting to GET OUT AND DO SOMETHING.

We know masks are returning to WDW but it’s my guess that venues will continue to open to handle the mobs.

As was posted in other threads, they may want to do something about rope drops, they are really mobbed.

Upvote 0

ELG13

One of the bloggers I follow said that this mornings rope drop was the busiest he's seen since they reopened and even before them aside from the big holidays. I'm glad we got in while we did. We are going for a quick trip in January so I'm hoping by then people are a little more settled down and go all their revenge travel out of their systems until spring break or summer vacay 😂

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We'll be at WDW from August 21-25, and are trying to adjust our expectations in exactly the same direction. :)

Upvote 0

doctornick

As was posted in other threads, they may want to do something about rope drops, they are really mobbed.

They are mobbed because they are the only way to guarantee any shorter waits. Without FP or EMH as alternative ways to allow for people to have some shorter waits at different times, more people are opting for what they can do.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

One of the bloggers I follow said that this mornings rope drop was the busiest he's seen since they reopened and even before them aside from the big holidays. I'm glad we got in while we did. We are going for a quick trip in January so I'm hoping by then people are a little more settled down and go all their revenge travel out of their systems until spring break or summer vacay 😂
January is a super time to go!!! Should be (Relatively) low crowds and nice temps.

Having said that, it will be interesting to see what the crowd levels are in January in this new world we live in.

As much as we want to go by past history, we simply can’t.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

They are mobbed because they are the only way to guarantee any shorter waits. Without FP or EMH as alternative ways to allow for people to have some shorter waits at different times, more people are opting for what they can do.
Ya know, I am wondering. WDW allegedly stopped FastPass plus due to the pandemic. Meanwhile they are readying the paid FastPass system. And in time they will launch that.

The pandemic helped them so much. It gave them an excuse to stop FastPasses cold turkey, guests experience the non FastPass world, then bring back the paid version of FastPass, folks will be so eager to not stand in line they will gladly pay!!

WDW always wanted to move to paid FastPasses and COVID allowed them to introduce it sooner and and make it feel like a new feature!

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Ya know, I am wondering. WDW allegedly stopped FastPass plus due to the pandemic. Meanwhile they are readying the paid FastPass system. And in time they will launch that.

The pandemic helped them so much. It gave them an excuse to stop FastPasses cold turkey, guests experience the non FastPass world, then bring back the paid version of FastPass, folks will be so eager to not stand in line they will gladly pay!!

WDW always wanted to move to paid FastPasses and COVID allowed them to introduce it sooner and and make it feel like a new feature!
Can they offer it now though? 😆 😂

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Not only is it a buzy seasonal time but people are finally getting back to enjoying themselves with lifted restrictions. My own business is experiencing an unusually buzy upturn due to people feeling safer and confident that they can finally get out and do things again. Its unfortunate that your trip hit at a time when Disneys increased park numbers and people are being attracted back to the parks. There nothing I hate worse than dealing with excessive crowds and long waits. We were lucky to be there when the numbers were still lower and we could enjoy ourselves. On a previous trip pre covid, when we encountered massive crowd, I really started to rethink if another Disney trip was in our future.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

Original Poster
This will definitely be our last WDW trip for a VERY long time.

BTW, the wait for the Transit Authority was 60 minutes today and the line for Buzz went all the way around to Noodle Terrace.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

Not only is it a buzy seasonal time but people are finally getting back to enjoying themselves with lifted restrictions. My own business is experiencing an unusually buzy upturn due to people feeling safer and confident that they can finally get out and do things again. Its unfortunate that your trip hit at a time when Disneys increased park numbers and people are being attracted back to the parks. There nothing I hate worse than dealing with excessive crowds and long waits. We were lucky to be there when the numbers were still lower and we could enjoy ourselves. On a previous trip pre covid, when we encountered massive crowd, I really started to rethink if another Disney trip was in our future.
This combined with the fact that there are still labor shortages.

OP, I commend you on your attitude though. I'm sorry the long lines are making the trip less enjoyable.

Upvote 0

ELG13

January is a super time to go!!! Should be (Relatively) low crowds and nice temps.

Having said that, it will be interesting to see what the crowd levels are in January in this new world we live in.

As much as we want to go by past history, we simply can’t.
Our January trip this year was PHENOMENAL. I hope it's like that again!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom