Places NOT to miss

finan03

they say that there are no stupid questions, but i feel like this will be one, lol. (cut me some slack im a youngin)

do you have to be staying at the resorts to eat at their restaurants?

Tiggerfanatic

DO NOT miss Raglan Road!! And I'll probably get bashed for this, but we really enjoyed Tony's in the MK - the service was awsome and we loved the food.

MotoDisney

Boma's
Cosmic Ray's (yummy cheese sauce)
Earl of Sandwich (downtown disney, great sandwiches at reasonable prices)

some of my favorites

disney1077

I like Cosmic Rays at MK, Backlot Express at MGM, Cape May Cafe Breakfast Buffet at Beach Club and Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. Also Spoodle Pizza Window. Also Pinocchios Village Haus at MK. And I almost forgot Earls Sandwhich at Downtown Disney.

dxwwf3

MK -

Liberty Tree Tavern - Go at lunch if you don't care about characters, and the prices are much better.

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - Has a great selection for a counter service

Epcot -

Le Cellier - I like to go at lunch to get the steak burger, but I'm sure the steaks themselves are to do for as well. The bread is unbelieveable (white, seven grain, and pretzel bread) and the Cheddar Cheese Soup is fantastic

Alfredo's - Best Italian food I've ever had. I either get the lasagna or the fetticcunie alfredo.

MGM -

50's Prime Time Cafe - You already have this, but you've got to get the Pot Roast. Probably my favorite meal on property.

Hollywood Brown Derby - Food quality is excellent, but a little exotic for me. I always get the grilled chicken breast on the kid's menu :lol:. It's really good and next time I'm going to ask for an adult portion of it as well. So if you have picky eaters, have them look at the kids menu.

Animal Kingdom -

Flame Tree BBQ - Table service quality in a counter service set up. You can't go wrong with anything on this menu.

Aurora_25

they say that there are no stupid questions, but i feel like this will be one, lol. (cut me some slack im a youngin)

do you have to be staying at the resorts to eat at their restaurants?
No, you don't have to stay at their resorts. Anyone can make reservations 180 days in advance regardless of where you are staying. :)

KentB3

DO NOT miss Raglan Road!! And I'll probably get bashed for this, but we really enjoyed Tony's in the MK - the service was awsome and we loved the food.

I've been to Raglan Road, but I definitely agree with you about Tony's! I have been there twice, and the food was absolutely delicious! The service was great too. If you order the spaghetti with Italian sausage, you're REALLY in for a treat!!!! too. :slurp: :D :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Here are a few more of my picks:

Cinderella's Royal Table (Magic Kingdom) This is often difficult to get Priority Seating for (best to call exactly 180 days ahead), but if your get PS, it's well worth it, especially for breakfast!

Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom) The breakfast here is especially good.
Cosmic Rays (Magic Kingdom)
Pinocchio's Village Haus (Magic Kingdom)
Coral Reef (EPCOT in The Living Seas)
Rose & Crown (EPCOT in the United Kingdom pavillion)
Sunshine Seasons (EPCOT in The Land pavillion)
Rainforest Cafe (Animal Kingdom location)
Chef Mickey's (Contemporary Resort) The parmesian mashed potatoes are out of this world! Also, the character interaction here is incredible! IMHO, Chef Mickey's is THE most fun place to eat in all of WDW! :D

Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge). The food is very good, and plentiful if you get Family Style (which I had for lunch). Whispering Canyon is also a fun place could eat, nearly as much so as Chef Mickey's! :animwink:

1900 Park Faire (Grand Floridian) I'm not to familar with dinner here, but I would say that 1900 Park Faire has the best breakfast at WDW in terms of both quality and variety of food. The food at the CRT breakfast was just as good, possibly even a bit better, but the menu is extremely limited, as all guests get the same pre-plated meal. 1900 Park Faire, on the other hand, probably has the greatest variety of foods for breakfast of the places I had breakfast at WDW, with Crystal Palace coming in second on breakfast buffet variety.

The characters are wonderful here too! Both times I went here, each of the characters came back to our table at least once (the only other restaurant they did that was at Chef Mickey's). Alice, the Mad Hatter (who is an real experience getting to meet! :lol:), Pooh, and Tigger stopped by the guests' tables in the dining hall, while Mary Poppins greeted guests in the lobby.

Bert sometimes appears with Mary Poppins, usually on weekends. Rabbit (from Winnie the Pooh), Eeyore, and Peter Pan have been known to appear at the 1900 Park Faire breakfast as well.

Just my 2 cents! :animwink:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
My list has changed a bit.

Now off the list:
Ohana is now off my list -- we were rushed by our server(s) there back in December... and I dont like that... so no more Ohana.

Coulmbia Harbor House -- I havent been in since they nixed the bread bowl.

Captain Jacks in DTD -- They changed the menu.. and not for the better -- and we were rushed here to... thats off the list now also.

Chef Mickeys [Breakfast] -- hmmm bad service (took 20 min for them to bring me a coffee cup)... cold food that is supposed to be warm...annnd it woke me up every morning when I was staying in the Contemp tower last spring. :lol:

These places still rock, IMO:
Kona Cafe
Pecos Bills
Tusker House -- The Chicken sammich there rocks! -- However... their steak frys that come with the sammich always seem under done and blech to me... so I sub em out for mac and cheese.
50s Prime Time
Le Cellier
Boma -- Their breakfast buffet -- phenomenal! Best Omlette station (IMO). And they had some interesting things I really enjoyed trying for the first time. They also have the standard b-fast buffet fare.

...and of course various other stuff I get from the carts, or the Main Street Bakery, or the Writers Stop in MGM are always good. :slurp: :slurp:

New2WDW

Man this thread is making me HUNGRY!

Back to the subject....our family's favorites are:

Magic Kingdom:
Liberty Tree Tavern (Lunch & Dinner)
Pinnochhios Village Haus (it has changed to pizza but still good and love the Figaro Fries!)

Epcot:
Le Cellier (dinner) first time last year and it was awesome!)

Animal Kingdom:
Flame Tree BBQ

Downtown Disney:
Wolfgang Puck Express (tried it first time last year and was pleasantly surprised with the selection and taste)

Contemporary:
Chef Mickey's (dinner upon arrival - now a tradition each trip)
Concourse Steakhouse (good food as well)

Polynesian:
Ohanas (loved the food and the atmosphere)

FantasMickeyM

Sci-fi Dine In
50s Prime Time
Coral Reef
Tony's
Chef Mickey
Flame Tree
Planet Hollywood
Restaurantosaurus (character breakfast)

Replying to myself.. Ah well!

Revised list:

Sci-Fi Dine In
Coral Reef
Chef Mickey's
Flame Tree
Cosmic Ray's
Premiere Food Court in All Star Movies Resort. (Not kidding, if you have food allergies, it's THE BEST place in the world!)

Mickey&Minnie

We ALWAYS eat at:

MK: Liberty Tree (dinner)
Pinocchio's Village (lunch)
Epcot: Le'Cellier (next trip we are eating there twice)
Season's (lunch)
Fish & Chips (Britian)
MGM: Sci Fi Drive In

No where really special for us at AK

figment1985

These are the places that have been consistently good for me:

Artist Point (Wilderness lodge)
50's Primetime Cafe
Garden Grill (at epcot)
Japan (mmm tempura chicken)
Hollywood Brown Derby (their steak and potatos was like whoa)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom