Place to buy grocery items

Peters_Shadow

For our upcoming trip in Sept we will have a rental car. We want to pick up a few items to have on hand for our 3 year old and 1 year old like bananas, cereal, water etc. Is there a convience store or small grocery store near the world or on the way from the airport that we could stop at? I didn't want to drive aimlessly around when we could be having fun. :)

Greg

elabron

The most convenient place is Gooding's at the Crossroads Shopping Complex across from Downtown Disney. Note: I said most convenient, not the cheapest.

Upvote 0

pacochran

Right off the I-4 I think it's exit 68 but don't quote me on this, there is a Outlet mall (including a Character Outlet-Disney stuff about 1/2 off) and if you continue by it there is a Publix, which we use all the time and we don't think they are badly priced.

Upvote 0

rdp

Go to the Publix...Exit at SR 535 and head east
Turn at Bahama Breeze and follow the road all the way around
It will take you past the outlet mall and Dixie Stampede to the Publix plaza

They're the real local grocery chain and their prices are reasonable.

Avoid Goodings if you can...

Upvote 0

WeluvMickey

Does anyone know of a good website to order baby food....so that it's at our hotel once we arrive...

Dont want to take so much ....traveling with 2 DD.

Upvote 0

Tim G

For our upcoming trip in Sept we will have a rental car. We want to pick up a few items to have on hand for our 3 year old and 1 year old like bananas, cereal, water etc. Is there a convience store or small grocery store near the world or on the way from the airport that we could stop at? I didn't want to drive aimlessly around when we could be having fun. :)

Greg
Well...

There's a Goodings, o[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pen 24 hours, l[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ocated at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd in the Crossroads Shopping Center near Downtown Disney... but p[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]rices tend to be geared toward tourists rather than locals. [/FONT]

There's also a Winn Dixie on [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11957 South Apopka-Vineland Rd, open daily 6 a.m. to midnight, gas a p[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]harmacy, a 1 Hour Photo, lo[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]cated approximately 1/2 mile north of the Crossroads Shopping Center on the right side of the road. Go to the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd and take a left on Apopka-Vineland Rd (535).[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Publix is located on [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vineland & 192 2915 Vineland, Kissimmee, open daily 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is also an Eckerd Drugstore in this plaza.[/FONT]

Good luck!

:D

Upvote 0

WDW Monorail

I would go to the Goodings in the CrossRoads Center as previously mentioned.
I don't seem to find a problem with the prices...

or maybe it's because I'm from New York :shrug:

Come to think of it, shouldn't WDW have a small convenience store on property such as in one of the Hess Service Centers. I know that there is a delivery service but what if one would like to grab a carton of milk for a child.

Upvote 0

luna99

Go to the Publix...Exit at SR 535 and head east
Turn at Bahama Breeze and follow the road all the way around
It will take you past the outlet mall and Dixie Stampede to the Publix plaza

They're the real local grocery chain and their prices are reasonable.

Avoid Goodings if you can...

aww, that's my old stompin grounds! I used to live close to that publixs and always did my grocery shopping there. good times!

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

If you continue heading east on SR 535 maybe two or three lights- on the right you'll find a brand new Super Wal-Mart. Their prices beat everyone! It's only an extra mile or two down the road.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom