PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

Mike S

Imo this really isn't a valid reasoning for the closure of Pizza Planet. Voyage of the Little Mermaid in DHS, Ariel's Grotto & Journey of the Little Mermaid in MK. Same thing as Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage in DHS, Enchanted Tales with Belle & Be Our Guest in MK. As well as various other arguments. Pizza Planet never really fit the area since it's mostly Muppets though.
Don't forget Nemo in Epcot and AK.

Cmdr_Crimson

Also rats making food and owning a restaurant for the guests in a Disney park...where have I heard that one before? I don't know, but hey! I wonder how things are going at the Pixar area of the park? ;)

Ohhh No...There has NEVER Been a restaurant that was based around a rat...Then drastically changed to a mouse in the late 80's....
cec_vest_checkered.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

Imo this really isn't a valid reasoning for the closure of Pizza Planet. Voyage of the Little Mermaid in DHS, Ariel's Grotto & Journey of the Little Mermaid in MK. Same thing as Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage in DHS, Enchanted Tales with Belle & Be Our Guest in MK. As well as various other arguments. Pizza Planet never really fit the area since it's mostly Muppets though.
I feel like the better argument is against the existence of all those examples. Things would be much better if those themes weren't scattered al across property. With the rumors that have swirled of Mermaid and Beauty leaving DHS, it seems that somewhere the powers that be seem to agree that makes sense. I pray the trend of "anything, everywhere" that is characterized by one property spread across many disparate lands is coming to an end, though I have a feeling Pizza Planet closing had more to do with the desire to bring Muppets in and less with the fact that Toy Story was popping up several yards away.

Though I always enjoyed Pizza Planet, it's a total coup that Toy Story is being consolidated within the park (if not across all the parks - looking at you, Space Ranger Spin) and that Muppets is finally receiving an expanded presence as was intended from the beginning.

Daveeeeed

I feel like the better argument is against the existence of all those examples. Things would be much better if those themes weren't scattered al across property. With the rumors that have swirled of Mermaid and Beauty leaving DHS, it seems that somewhere the powers that be seem to agree that makes sense. I pray the trend of "anything, everywhere" that is characterized by one property spread across many disparate lands is coming to an end, though I have a feeling Pizza Planet closing had more to do with the desire to bring Muppets in and less with the fact that Toy Story was popping up several yards away.

Though I always enjoyed Pizza Planet, it's a total coup that Toy Story is being consolidated within the park (if not across all the parks - looking at you, Space Ranger Spin) and that Muppets is finally receiving an expanded presence as was intended from the beginning.
Is the same happening for One Man's Dream?

cheesecake

I really, really, REALLY hope they do Pizza Planet in Toy Story Land someday. This just makes me mad.

I would like for them to make a better Pizza Planet that actually honored the movie more. But also, how many pizza places does HS need? I get that there are like a million places that serve chicken tenders and cheeseburgers throughout the parks, but those are usually bigger sellers than pizza in theme parks.

Matt_Black

Again, separate parks. Or, to put it another way, you could put steampunk stuff in Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, or Frontierland, but you really shouldn't put it in all 3.

co10064

Premium Member
Marni1971 seems to have indicated that it's being torn down to make way for the entrance of Toy Story Land, but that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject.
I could be wrong, but I thought he just mentioned that One Man's Dream was staying long term?

Herbie

At first, it was said to be demolished, probably to make way for the (cancelled) Woody's area of TSL.
The hand-drawn map Martin created showed that the entrance could be wedged between Toy Story Mania & the former Jack Sparrow building without One Man's Dream being demolished, but other plans could change things, I'm guessing.

co10064

Premium Member
My best bet would be to see them remove the old Jack Sparrow building while keeping the One Man's Dream portion... But is this possible?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom