"Pixie Dust" it really does happen!

Much-Pixie-Dust

I so agree with you @noodles. Love those pleasant little conversations with cast members. One of my favorites from my most recent trip, was with CM Mr. Chun at AKL. My family was hunting hidden Mickeys and he (and a great security guard) joined in the fun of helping with a couple of them. We had a blast chatting and finding them. High-fives and hugs were involved! Those types of pixie dust moments make my heart happy! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

BOOMitsGeorgia

Last year I was in Disney Springs the day before my birthday and me and my friend got talking to a CM and I mentioned that it was my birthday the next day. Well a few minutes later after we left the lovely CM, I got a tap on the shoulder by her telling me there was a phone call for me. And it was Goofy singing me happy birthday! Despite turning 22 the next day, it really made my birthday!

My friend and I also decided to sprinkle our own pixie dust last year. It was our last full day in WDW, we had balloons that were still in perfect condition after 2 weeks and couldn't take them on the plane home with us. So we found a family with 2 young kids and gave them our balloons and gave them our pluto hat and minnie ears. Seeing the happiness on those kids faces really felt magical.

This happened on a trip last year. We (wife and I)were eating at Sunshine Seasons with our 3 and 4 year old children. A nice CM who was sweeping/cleaning stopped to say "hi" to our little ones and to ask us why we were visiting. We explained we came down from Illinois to celebrate our oldest's birthday. We chatted a bit more and see moved along. A minute later she walks out with a cupcake and 4-5 other CM'S and they sang "happy birthday" to my daughter! Very cool for them to do that, really does make your day.

mavlax20

It is not WDW but when we recently went to DL California Adventure, we went to see the line at the Monsters Inc. ride and I told my wife 'It looks like a 25 minute wait', and the cast member at the front said 'Or is it?' and handed us a Buddy Pass. She explained that we just walk through the exit of the ride and hand it to a CM and then we get on. So it pretty much was a fast pass for a ride with no fast pass. That was pretty awesome, but then we got to discussing my wife's backpack (it has C-3PO and R2-D2 on it) and she was asking where my wife got it and everything. We both thought that was awesome to get a pass like that and we enjoyed the ride and the conversation we had with the CM. Later in the day, we had Soarin' fast passes (the new film was released by this time) and we had been doing a lot of walking and my wife's feet were getting blisters on them, so we decided to do the animation academy instead. We had already ridden Soarin' earlier in the day. We walked back into California Adventure and while walking to Animation Academy, we were looking for a group of 2. We found two people, and I walked up to them and asked if they were wanting to ride Soarin'. They said 'We would like to but we hear the line is about 75 minutes long' and so I said 'How about now?' and held out the fast passes. They were in disbelief and beyond excited. I got multiple thank yous, a hug, and they didn't walk to Soarin' they pretty much ran on air. It felt great to be able to provide some joy to a couple of people, something that I don't think they will forget anytime soon I hope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom