"Pixie Dust" it really does happen!

PrincessRachelT

Back in January my husband and I were staying at the Grand for a conference that he was attending. While he was at the conference, I decided to go to Capt. Cooks for breakfast and hopped on the monorail. I ended up talking to this family who were leaving that day, and they ended up giving me their fantasmic dinner passes as they had been rained out the night before and wouldn't be able to use them. They had 4, so I went and gave the other two away to a couple at the Poly.

danyoung56

A couple of years ago I was purchasing a turkey leg and a coke from Toluca Legs Turkey Co., when the clerk told me that I had to gobble to get my turkey leg. So I said "gobble". She said "no, you need to really get into it". So I went "gobble gobble". She still wouldn't give me my food till I gave her a good gobble. So I gave in, took a deep breath, and shouted out "GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE!!!" Everyone in the food prep area stopped to give me a big round of applause, and then my clerk gave me my food for FREE. That was an extra tasty turkey leg!

sheriffwoody

A couple of years ago I was purchasing a turkey leg and a coke from Toluca Legs Turkey Co., when the clerk told me that I had to gobble to get my turkey leg. So I said "gobble". She said "no, you need to really get into it". So I went "gobble gobble". She still wouldn't give me my food till I gave her a good gobble. So I gave in, took a deep breath, and shouted out "GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE!!!" Everyone in the food prep area stopped to give me a big round of applause, and then my clerk gave me my food for FREE. That was an extra tasty turkey leg!
:hilarious: I love this!

plutofan15

The wife is a cast member up here in the Northeast ( you can figure out the company) so when the kiddos were younger, we did not have to pay to rent strollers. Back in the days when we took them back for their afternoon naps, we would always find a family just entering the park with young kids and give them our stroller. Made some people happy each day so it was nice to do.

osueddy

Last summer we were at the Magic Kingdom getting a snack at Gastons Tavern. I got two cinnamon rolls and a LeFous Brew for my husband, two kids, and I to share. I placed my order and she put the items on the counter and then told me to have a magical day and it was her treat. It was so unexpected and made my family's afternoon! The same trip, we were watching them make candy at the little sweets store at Disney Studios and the girl behind the counter asked my kids if the would like to help, and of course they said yes! She brought out a little candy dipping station and my kids dipped their own marshmallows in chocolate and sprinkles and she made them paper hats that said "little dippers". Then they got to take the treats they made with them to Fantasmic. They still talk about it!

Daxiegirl

Well this seem like a great thread to put this story:
Two weeks ago, we were at HS waiting to get in. A mom with her two kids were behind us and a family of four in front. The mom was going to try to get her son signed up for the Jedi Training then rush to meet the rest of her family for breakfast. Well the little girl start to have a melt down for some reason, and the little boy from the group of 4 came and gave her a small Mickey. The mom didn't want the girl to take it but the parents of the boy said no the kids each bought a Mickey with they vacation money to give to some one who needed it. Needless to say the little girl smiled and was happy the mother had a tear in her eye and everyone around just smiled.. It definitely had a positive effect on everyone that was in that area of the line.
That's the sweetest and so heartwarming. What wonderful, empathetic people those parents are raising.

bethymouse

@osueddy Years ago when my boys were much younger, we had a similar thing happen. There used to be a smoking section near the sweet shoppe. My boys would wait there while Daddy smoked. They stared at the girls making the candy in the window. Then, the CMs came out of the shop and gave the boys a chocolate covered marshmallow stick.:D

bethymouse

The wife is a cast member up here in the Northeast ( you can figure out the company) so when the kiddos were younger, we did not have to pay to rent strollers. Back in the days when we took them back for their afternoon naps, we would always find a family just entering the park with young kids and give them our stroller. Made some people happy each day so it was nice to do.
A nice couple gave us their stroller at the end of the night ( my boys were 3). That was definitely magical!:D

bethymouse

We have found if you go in with a pleasant attitude you will have a much better time even if nothing magical happens. It just seems to us the whole experience is magical. Like someone said above, just the small things like holding the door or striking up a conversation with someone in line makes a big difference in your vacation. The only magical experience we ever had was when the CMs were randomly doing something magical (can't remember what that was called) and we got to go on EE without standing in line. Other than that just the general experience has been enough for us to keep going back.
It was "The Year of a Million Dreams" 2007.:)

Rlevy33663

Love these stories. My friends and I went for Not-So-Scary a couple of years ago, and couldn't decide what we wanted to be. Ultimately, we settled on Scrabble pieces that spelled DISNEY! My friend, the exclamation point, was sick and couldn't make it, so we brought it along and had random people pose with us. Toward the end of the night, we rode Space Mountain and tried to sit in order, so we'd spell it correctly. It didn't work. One of the CMs saw what we were doing, and told us how to rearrange ourselves and let us ride again without wait. Close, but no cigar. Two letters were switched. By this time, all the CMs were watching us and laughing at our ridiculousness. Rode again and finally got it right. That initial CM, who I guess was a manager, brought us to the photo area and printed out the photos, free of charge, for all of us. So unexpected and amazing!

Attachments

• IMG_7938.jpg
    IMG_7938.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 70

Unomas

I got a frozen beverage from one of the new African kiosks in AK this week. I got it in a souvenir ocarina cup. I loved it so much I went back up to the kiosk and asked how much to refill the cup. He told me no refills. I said okay and went ahead and just ordered a regular drink without the souvenir cup. That CM gave it to me for free. It was a cool moment in our trip and I'll never forget it.

noodles

I understand how cool it is getting something "free", and that has happened to my family more than once. But the biggest kick for me is when, say, a door greeter at Port Orleans asks my kids how the day went, and what was the best thing that happened all day. Or the security guard at the gate asking how the drive was, and how many hours we'd been on the road.
Just tiny little things that make your day.
Oh, and the way the CMs line Main St. at park opening, and greet you as you enter. MAGIC.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I agree. The CM that I was speaking to over the phone was so nice and when I mentioned that I was going down there because of my 40th birthday, she said that she would put a note in there. Whether or not something "magical" happens, we'll see. :geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom