Pixar's Coco.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
At the same time that The Last Jedi was making $220 million domestically, Coco brought in an extra $10 domestically. Totals are:

Domestic: $150.7 million
Other: $300.0 million

Total: $450.7 million

It has already surpassed the Box Office of four Pixar movies...

View attachment 251101

These are the countries in which Coco hasn't been released yet or their Box Office hasn't been reported yet...

View attachment 251100
Coco has jumped from #15 amongst Pixar box office to #9 this weekend. And there are still more markets for it to open up into.

KBLovedDisney

The hubby was away on business this weekend, so I took myself out on a date to see Coco (because I just do these things). Got to say, that was really really good. Next time though, I won't purchase a large soda because I had to run to the restroom during a critical point of the film (that and movie soda costs are outrageous!)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Coco hit $656 million worldwide making it number 7 out of 19 on the Pixar box office list beating out The Incredibles.

Still has a few markets to open in. Has a chance to surpass Up and Monsters University and winding up number 5. It seems unlikely to pass Inside Out ($858 million).

Phroobar

I didn't think it was all that great. It was pretty mediocre. IMHO Pixar hasn't made a truly great movie since Toy Story 3 in 2010 except maybe Finding Dory and that's a big maybe.

tcool123

Well deserved.

So, which Disney product wins next year? I'm guessing Incredibles 2.
I think Mary Poppins Returns has a shot at winning awards on the music front. And if Christopher Robin has any music it could steal an award as well.
Wreck It Ralph 2 may end up nabbing the Oscar for best animated.

As for nominations pretty much all of Disney's movies have a shot. Even Wrinkle in Tim if they gun for costuming or hair/makeup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom