Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Amazing they would plan an attraction before they know if the movie will even be successful. It looks interesting but in some ways more along the lines of a Tim Burton film with all the skeletons etc. We'll see how it turns out

Lad

The fact that they would be considering an attraction based on a film that hasn't been released yet/proven itself to be a hit yet is actually a good sign to me. Feels less like "woah, this turned out to be a hit - QUICK! Let's add a ride and cash in!" and more like they have faith in an IP that actually fits the pavilion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Unless this movie is a bonafide Disney classic, I can't see many people giving a rats behind about this ride in 10 years. It just seems to me like Disney will be changing the Gran Fiesta Tour yet again.

I thought refreshing rides was a good thing?

So this movie is coming out this November and if they are updating the ride it won't be up til 2020? Sheesh. That movie better really resonate.

If an Inside Out ride ever becomes a reality, that will be an even longer gap.

The Empress Lilly

So this movie is coming out this November and if they are updating the ride it won't be up til 2020? Sheesh. That movie better really resonate.
Snow White is eighty years old. ;)

Any movie cartoon ride in EPCOT is a disgrace and creative bankruptcy, but in general the trendiness of an IP, or even fame or quality, is not essential for a successful movie IP-based ride.

DisneyFan18

Hi, @marni1971 sorry to bother you. But I wanted know, if you knew about any updates regarding the inclusion of Coco in the Mexican Pavilion and if it was going to be an overlay o a complete update to the ride.

clemmo

Hi, @marni1971 sorry to bother you. But I wanted know, if you knew about any updates regarding the inclusion of Coco in the Mexican Pavilion and if it was going to be an overlay o a complete update to the ride.
I'm no insider but last that was said (maybe a month or two ago?) it looks pretty likely to happen especially if the film does decent. It would open in 2020 and be somewhere between the switch from el rio del tiempo to 3 caballeros and maelstrom to frozenstrom in terms of scale.

Karakasa

As long as they replace some of the screens with AAs or at least dioramas, I'm all on board with it. Would be a bit sad for the Three Cabelleros AAs that only just got out of storage though. God I wish they'd do an attraction like MMR again... Never saw it in person but it seemed lovely from videos.

Mabel Pines

I don't know why it seems like so many people are skeptical about this movie.. I think it looks amazing and with breathtaking animation. Just the fact that were getting original IP in the recent slew of sequels and remakes has me believing that it must be really good. The scenes from the trailer with the flower petal bridge and the big city of the underworld (forgive me I don't know if it has a name) I think could make for an incredible dark ride, but I don't think they will go for it. Since the ride already has screens I doubt they are going to make much of an effort to remove the screens which they love so much in order to make way for a more expensive attraction

DisneyFan18

I'm no insider but last that was said (maybe a month or two ago?) it looks pretty likely to happen especially if the film does decent. It would open in 2020 and be somewhere between the switch from el rio del tiempo to 3 caballeros and maelstrom to frozenstrom in terms of scale.

Thanks, it sounds great. I really hope it gets done.

It's looking like a Gran Fiesta style overlay.

Expect to see more from the movie in the pavilion before the ride happens.

Thank you, hope the final product is great. Although, I wish they added a drop, that would have been great for the ride.

From what you have heard/seen, do you believe that the ride will be good and possible a fan favorite?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom