Pixar Play Parade & Paint the Night - Future Plans?

fctiger

Wow I had no idea both of these parades are now gone. I'm so glad I caught PTN back in September, I thought I would be seeing it again soon. That was the first time I watched it since 2016. I still think its a great night time parade and loved the new Incredibles float.

Never was a huge fan of PPP but it's a fun parade.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My problem with Paint The Night is that even though the floats are cool it might as well be a "Pixar Parade" with how much Pixar is in there. I'd love for more classic Disney animation features to be in there. 3D computer animated characters don't look that interesting as costumes IMO.

I don't disagree but Pixar is this generations version of the classics. So while the parade is heavy on Pixar it still does provide some homage to the classics, such as the princesses.

I always like to remember the parades are built for the younger ones with nods to the older generations.

TwilightZone

I don't disagree but Pixar is this generations version of the classics. So while the parade is heavy on Pixar it still does provide some homage to the classics, such as the princesses.

I always like to remember the parades are built for the younger ones with nods to the older generations.
I still think with that idea in mind, it should have at least a little more disney rep. Put in tangled, moana, anything!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I still think with that idea in mind, it should have at least a little more disney rep. Put in tangled, moana, anything!

I agree, and I think we're going to see a new float announced. Likely something from one of the recent (or upcoming) films. If I was betting now I'd say maybe Lion King or maybe just maybe (though probably slim) Dumbo.

Now if that comes true I want credit for breaking the news first! ;)

TTA94

I agree, and I think we're going to see a new float announced. Likely something from one of the recent (or upcoming) films. If I was betting now I'd say maybe Lion King or maybe just maybe (though probably slim) Dumbo.

Now if that comes true I want credit for breaking the news first! ;)

A Star Wars float wouldn’t surprise me

TTA94

If WDW does get the so called brand new 50th nighttime parade, hopefully it will include stuff like Tangled, Moana, Coco, Lion King, etc. Long wait for WDW fans but it could be well worth it in the end. Time will tell.

BrianLo

My problem with Paint The Night is that even though the floats are cool it might as well be a "Pixar Parade" with how much Pixar is in there. I'd love for more classic Disney animation features to be in there. 3D computer animated characters don't look that interesting as costumes IMO.

I don’t mind this in consideration of the park it now operates. The IP choices were misplaced in Disneyland. The parade is clearly a representation of DCA properties (even if it’s actually a Hong Kong parade repackaged).

If anything I’d argue the Beauty and the Beast float is the one misplaced. The issue is more so that the Pixar Play parade is redundant. That parade needs to go.

I actually think a Coco float would be the most fun addition. I’d rather a parade extension than a float replacement though.

drizgirl

What I don't understand is why it only runs in summer. At MK, the nighttime parade ran year long.
Because Disney would rather sell overpriced food tidbits in the area the parade would run than offer the entertainment guests are entitled to after paying large sums for entrance to the parks to see. In spite of the fact that the park's other main show has been dark most of the year.

Frontierland's Finest

Dumb question: I've seen PTN numerous amount of times and always wondered why didn't they include a float from Wreck-It Ralph? The main song is from the movie, so common sense would be "Hey, let's put these characters, from this movie into the parade?".

TwilightZone

Dumb question: I've seen PTN numerous amount of times and always wondered why didn't they include a float from Wreck-It Ralph? The main song is from the movie, so common sense would be "Hey, let's put these characters, from this movie into the parade?".
Maybe next year they will with ralph breaks the internet and stuff.
My only ideas as to why now is because there's not much you can do with a ralph float (which is bad reasoning considering what the monster's inc float is) and because at the time it was not new anymore (once again, bad reasoning considering toy story).

jrhwdw

PTN(or PPP) is not on the calendar yet for 2019. Hopefully DCA will work it out so it can handle PPP, WOC and PTN! It would be nice for PTN to get a looooong contract! I think PTN spends more time backstage than MSEP/DEP ever did!!!

Back when DCA had both PPP and DEP, where were they stored so DCA could get at them daily?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom