Pixar Play Parade & Paint the Night - Future Plans?

dlr74

Original Poster
Pixar Play Parade was recently relocated to the DCA Parade warehouse. Paint the Night floats have been removed from DCA side.
Has anyone heard anything regarding the future of these two parades?

I know it’s been said that PTN will be staying on DCA side for the foreseeable future, but what about PPP? Seems unlikely that they’d make the effort to move the PPP floats to the DCA warehouse if it’s retired for good. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

TTA94

Pixar Play Parade was recently relocated to the DCA Parade warehouse. Paint the Night floats have been packed and removed from DCA side.
Has anyone heard anything regarding the future of these two parades?

I know it’s been said that PTN will be staying on DCA side for the foreseeable future, but what about PPP? Seems unlikely that they’d make the effort to move the PPP floats to the DCA warehouse if it’s retired for good. Any thoughts?

Here we go again. Use that word “packed” lightly lol.

TTA94

Let’s see how long it takes for the WDW forum to see this and start another rumor that it’s headed to Florida 😜
..but it really is gone from DCA side. Not sure where it is currently, possibly the Disneyland warehouse

Exactly lol. I will say it really makes no sense for it to go back to Disneyland next year. Soundsationals returning, new Mickey nighttime show, Star Wars land opening. Way to much taking place at that park and nothing at DCA other than WoC.

dlr74

Original Poster
My questions are: why not keep PTN sitting where it was and store PPP off site? Why all the switching around? Why did PPP need moved to DCA? Is it coming back as DCA’s daytime parade?

TTA94

My questions are: why not keep PTN sitting where it was and store PPP off site? Why all the switching around? Why did PPP need moved to DCA? Is it coming back as DCA’s daytime parade?

I agree, lots of question marks. And the sudden WoC testing and possible return this year after all... who knows what DL has planned. In all seriousness, yeah it’s been a ruff subject lol and I hate to admit this but I would rather PPP and PTN go to another Disney park rather than sitting wasting away backstage. IF that is what’s happening.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I find it hard to believe that a parade that is only 3 years old is being decommissioned (or shipped away) in favor of a 10 year old parade.

By all insider accounts (I don't know why this has to keep being said) PtN is seasonal. It'll return back to DCA in late spring in time for the summer 2019 season. Its probably just going offsite for refurb and storage for the next 6 months.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

I find it hard to believe that a parade that is only 2 years old is being decommissioned (or shipped away) in favor of a 10 year old parade.

By all insider accounts (I don't know why this has to keep being said) PtN is seasonal. It'll return back to DCA in late spring in time for the summer 2019 season. Its probably just going offsite for refurb and storage for the next 6 months.
I can totally see it come back for some new ip. Make the incredibles float the replaceable float and just advertise the brand new ip float every time the parade comes back.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I can totally see it come back for some new ip. Make the incredibles float the replaceable float and just advertise the brand new ip float every time the parade comes back.

I agree with the adding new IP when it returns, though not sure of the Incredibles float being a replaceable one. I would think they'd keep it because of the Incredicoaster.

TP2000

Pardon me while I chuckle at the thought that a six month seasonal hiatus for a parade means that it's "being sent somewhere else", or being chopped apart in a wartime scrap metal drive, or some such bizarre scenario.

For decades at Disneyland, decades, the MSEP would be put into storage for nine months of the year. In the 1970's into the 1990's the MSEP was a summertime only offering, early June through Labor Day, and then it would disappear for nine months just like your naughty niece who needed to go live in Arizona for the rest of the year for a mystery reason. Families probably don't do that to wayward daughters anymore, do they?

Wait, where was I? Oh yeah, the parade. :oops:

In 1993 I noticed they started offering the MSEP for two weeks at Easter Vacation too, I assume as a way to balance the crowds for Fantasmic! and pull people away from the west side of the park at night. That continued through 1995, and then in 1996 for it's "Farewell Season" they went big and did the MSEP nightly from spring until Labor Day, which was famously extended into November when the crowds turned out en masse.

The point is that having Paint The Night go seasonal, especially in a park like DCA that uses their parade route for swap meets and snack bars four months out of the year (November/December and March/April), is nothing new and nothing to be alarmed about. I know there's a gaggle of college program churro salesmen and parking lot attendants out in Orlando who want to wish Paint The Night into existence for one of their forlorn parks out there, but that's just not a thing.

Paint The Night has closed for the season so TDA may present Festival of Snack Shacks, and then it will return to DCA next Memorial Day weekend in a lame attempt by TDA to prevent civil disturbances from breaking out on the Big Thunder Trail when 10,000 paying customers try to get in to a Star Wars Land that has been closed for hours due to being way overcapacity. Paint The Night will be back in '19.

Last edited:

dlr74

Original Poster
My main question that sparked the creation of this thread is regarding PPP floats being moved to the DCA side. That also meaning the PTN floats have been moved to accommodate PPP. I didn’t mean to insinuate that I thought PTN was being shipped to another Resort. My first thought was that it was moved to Disneyland side, and I mention that in one of my posts.
Yes, PTN is going seasonal and we know that. I’m asking, why was it moved to accommodate PPP? Will they both run at DCA sometime soon? Just asking for anyone’s thoughts or if anyone knows one way or the other

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom