Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Old Mouseketeer

Interesting thing is that for about 1/3 of the spots in Pixar Pals, it will be just as fast, or faster, to use the Mickey and Friends escalators. The crowds aren’t going to be distributed evenly between the two sets of escalators at all.

But people in the know will realize that the Pixar escalators serve fewer parking spaces and there are more elevators.

kevlightyear

Nothing exciting, but I noticed Pixar Pals is on the maps now. No sign of the pedestrian bridge.
pixar-pals.jpg

MoonRakerSCM

I have the pleasure of answering my own question. Currently in the parking structure in line with a TON of cars looping back around after being lured down an isle that had a green light in the middle... And no parking space upon arrival. Continuing down near the end of the isle, we rejoiced seeing another green light... And sighed in anger upon there again being no open spot.

First light I took note was at a column area where there is a lot of open space. Second light was in the middle of normal spots, all full of normal vehicles etc.

Another aspect of the theme park Disney just installed that doesn't work as intended.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I have the pleasure of answering my own question. Currently in the parking structure in line with a TON of cars looping back around after being lured down an isle that had a green light in the middle... And no parking space upon arrival. Continuing down near the end of the isle, we rejoiced seeing another green light... And sighed in anger upon there again being no open spot.

First light I took note was at a column area where there is a lot of open space. Second light was in the middle of normal spots, all full of normal vehicles etc.

Another aspect of the theme park Disney just installed that doesn't work as intended.
Maybe it’s not really online yet. Those rumors you heard were probably just an assumption likely because someone saw the green lights on and assumed the whole system was operational.

As far as I know Disney hasn’t stated it’s operational yet. I know there were some testing in the last couple weeks, but the system wasn’t live yet.

It’ll probably go live when Pixar Pals officially opens, Sunday?

MoonRakerSCM

No, it was on. Number of available spaces for each isle displayed and green lights at obvious areas with no cars, and red lights at areas that were full. The problem was a rogue green light down an isle taunts you with a space that isn't there. The level was backed up with a bunch of vehicles going around another time.

Although, I wouldn't put it past Disney these days to have the system in some sort of test mode while guests were parking.

But it was obviously on.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No, it was on. Number of available spaces for each isle displayed and green lights at obvious areas with no cars, and red lights at areas that were full. The problem was a rogue green light down an isle taunts you with a space that isn't there. The level was backed up with a bunch of vehicles going around another time.

Although, I wouldn't put it past Disney these days to have the system in some sort of test mode while guests were parking.

But it was obviously on.
All I'm saying is the system might be "on" but wasn't live yet. So yes, it was probably still in test mode.

In fact they made it part of the announcement:

"Today, we’re excited to announce that Pixar Pals will be open for guest parking beginning June 30"
"With additional entry lanes and a new electronic inventory system, the new parking structure will expedite guest parking and reduce traffic around the resort."

So that means to me that it won't be actually live until Sunday.

Old Mouseketeer

All I'm saying is the system might be "on" but wasn't live yet. So yes, it was probably still in test mode.

In fact they made it part of the announcement:

So that means to me that it won't be actually live until Sunday.

Realistically, even if the new electronic parking system is running tomorrow, there may still be a debugging period. It's entirely possible that they need to test it with the structure in full operation for days or even weeks.

Phroobar

Clearly someone put the wrong image up there, as it really looked like a silhouette of one of the penguins from Mary Poppins without the beak and feet. But since Disney came out publicly and said it’s Eve they made it Eve.
I'm glad the bald VP from the EW opening had it fixed. He earned his Tesla parking space for the day.

DanielBB8

Looking back at the parking proposal

Key Improvements Reduce Back Up On City Streets by:
  • Increasing by more than 60% the ability to stack cars in the ground-level entry lanes before the parking kiosks.
  • Doubling parking kiosk capacity by providing more entrances and lanes to handle increased attendance and loading.
There’s no evidence of stack cars at ground level entry where we’re referring to Mickey & Friends entrance that serves both parking structures. Pixar Pals parking structure has a separate entrance with it’s own entry lanes. Will the entrances ever be combined?

So far the signage to enter Pixar Pals is not clear enough. There’s this tiny flashing sign by traveling north via Downtown Disney route. Credit: Screenshot from FreshBaked.
46C76F60-B14C-4E6D-B7EE-C8CB7A39FCB3.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom