Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Agreed, but seemed people didn't believe when I pointed it out.

Though originally it seemed like they'd put 4 in instead of just 2

Yea they need two big huge ones

How many Elevators does Mickey and friends have?

The elevator location has been a common discussion for a long time, since the project began. Basically something to talk about when there is lack of other news to discuss. But since the original concept art was very vague it become that common thing to discuss. You weren't the only one who thought it would go in that location, you came late to the party lol :p. Many that thought it wouldn't go there, myself included, didn't think it was possible if original assumption of the tram going through the gap into the plaza area were true. It just didn't make sense at the time. Now that more is known, such as the tram path going through the middle of the entire escalator tower into the Cleo structure, security screening happening as guests enter the Cleo structure from the plaza area, everything now makes more sense.

Phroobar

u2ujl.jpg

mickEblu

So do we have any predictions on the new sky bridge situation? It ends in the DTD parking lot. Will there just be a path making a hard right to the sidewalk there? Can’t remember the street name but the street with the DTD toll booths. Or will they create path right down the middle of the DTD parking lot by removing some parking spots?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So do we have any predictions on the new sky bridge situation? It ends in the DTD parking lot. Will there just be a path making a hard right to the sidewalk there? Can’t remember the street name but the street with the DTD toll booths. Or will they create path right down the middle of the DTD parking lot by removing some parking spots?

My opinion is that it'll be more like an 'S' curve to take the path along the outer edge of the DTD parking.

Darkbeer1

You can see it in the diagrams I posted from the council meeting.

On the south side, there is no elevator, just a sloping ramp pointing east towards Disneyland Drive.

A new sidewalk will be built on the east edge of the parking lot to end near the Monorail Station. It then curves back to the Security Check next to the former Rainforest Cafe.

No crossing vehicular traffic at all. Just a nice clean pedestrian pathway. A public entrance will be on Magic Way for those coming from Walnut and other non-Disney locations.

mickEblu

You can see it in the diagrams I posted from the council meeting.

On the south side, there is no elevator, just a sloping ramp pointing east towards Disneyland Drive.

A new sidewalk will be built on the east edge of the parking lot to end near the Monorail Station. It then curves back to the Security Check next to the former Rainforest Cafe.

No crossing vehicular traffic at all. Just a nice clean pedestrian pathway. A public entrance will be on Magic Way for those coming from Walnut and other non-Disney locations.

Thanks for the 411. So eastern edge of the parking lot as in right up against Disneyland Drive?

Darkbeer1

So you can see a couple of things. First off, the crosswalk going over Disneyland Drive has been moved from the south side than the current north side.

Also the sidewalk on the north side of Magic Way is being eliminated.

Second, you can see trees added ;)

DanielBB8

It’s a walking path inside the parking lot. Is the original side walk gone?

I would think this new path leads to Rainforest Cafe on east side and next to Monorail station with a security checkpoint at some point.

mickEblu

So you can see a couple of things. First off, the crosswalk going over Disneyland Drive has been moved from the south side than the current north side.

Also the sidewalk on the north side of Magic Way is being eliminated.

Second, you can see trees added ;)

Hahah their they are! Looks great. I mean a people mover would be better but I’ll take it.

EDIT: @Darkbeer1 nice job getting these shots by the way. I don’t remember these angles in the official image that Disney released.

Last edited:

mickEblu

So @Darkbeer1 it looks like walking through Downtown Disney will still be the ONLY way to get to the parking structure? I miss that old path from the tram loading zone at DTD that connected to Disneyland Drive.

Darkbeer1

So @Darkbeer1 it looks like walking through Downtown Disney will still be the ONLY way to get to the parking structure? I miss that old path from the tram loading zone at DTD that connected to Disneyland Drive.

Correct.

Due to security issues, the old path next to the tramway is now an emergency exit route only with gates. No way to get it open again.

So for now, the two West Security checks will remain. One going west to the DLH, and the north one between the former ESPNZone and former Rainforest Café. This one will be used by those parking in the DTD lot, and now the Magic Way Bridge pathway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom