Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Here is an image from the latest Fresh Baked construction video of the backside (Magic Way side) of the "gap" area
stairs.png

From here we can see what appears to be platforms (I've marked with red arrows) coming out on each level. Now I'm guess this is for stairs.

The green arrow is where I'm guessing the pedestrian bridge will go.

mm121

The latest update from our favorite lady blogger...

It's odd that the escalators for the new garage have 3 support Columns distracting from the their streamlined look, when the current escalators don't require any extra support Columns

Still no definitive confirmation on the elevator locations

Anyone know what those buildings under the ramp will be used for?
Guessing locker rooms/offices for security personnel.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
It's odd that the escalators for the new garage have 3 support Columns distracting from the their streamlined look, when the current escalators don't require any extra support Columns

The original specifics do call for 5.1k sq ft of office and restroom facilities. So I'm guessing those enclosed areas under the ramps will be for that.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

The original specifics do call for 5.1k sq ft of office and restroom facilities. So I'm guessing those enclosed areas under the ramps will be for that.

Security office.

mm121

The latest video!

Yay we finally have confirmation of the elevator location.

Looks like they are building two normal size elevator shafts in the inside corner.

Also looks like there will be some type entrance off of magic way in that section that is a foot or so taller than the rest of level two, either for cars, the tram, or just misc vehicles.

DanielBB8

Only two elevators? They’re going force strollers down the escalators just like for Mickey & Friends instead of doubling or tripling the number of elevators. It’s a hazard waiting to happen.

Phroobar

Only two elevators? They’re going force strollers down the escalators just like for Mickey & Friends instead of doubling or tripling the number of elevators. It’s a hazard waiting to happen.
Or people are smart enough to use the elevators like they are suppose too. Even if they put in huge Ikea size elevators, idiots will still use the escalators with strollers.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The elevator location was totally obvious from the concept art. I never understood why no one could figure that out.

It depends on which concept art you're talking about. The first concept art released, not so much. As there wasn't very much detail. The new one released with the pedestrian bridge, yeah its more clear. However until its actually built things can change from what is depicted in the concept art. So it could have gone elsewhere. But as things having progressed in building it has been becoming more and more clear. And now that the shell is being built its obvious. Since none of us have the actual plans to look at we're all just playing the guessing game with our opinions. Some guesses will be right, and some will be wrong, and yes a lot of mine have been wrong, and some of mine have been right. But its been fun watching this thing go up so fast and debating over where things will go.

I still think there will be another bank of elevators somewhere else in the parking structure.

TROR

Speculate: How wide will the elevator be? How fast will it move? How many floors down will it go? How many floors up will it go? Will it have doors on one side or two sides? Will it have a voiceover? Will it have a monitor? Will it drop faster than gravity? Will it have ghosts in it? Will it have talking animals? Will it be a fun ride? Better than Indiana Jones Adventure and Pirates of the Caribbean?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Speculate: How wide will the elevator be? How fast will it move? How many floors down will it go? How many floors up will it go? Will it have doors on one side or two sides? Will it have a voiceover? Will it have a monitor? Will it drop faster than gravity? Will it have ghosts in it? Will it have talking animals? Will it be a fun ride? Better than Indiana Jones Adventure and Pirates of the Caribbean?

Its the new ToT, Parking Garage Elevators of Doom......

And when the doors open up you see this:

giphy.gif

Any questions?

DanielBB8

Or people are smart enough to use the elevators like they are suppose too. Even if they put in huge Ikea size elevators, idiots will still use the escalators with strollers.
By having less elevator capacity, you’re forcing people with strollers to use the escalators regardless. Do they have another 20 minutes to burn to use the elevators? They aren’t directing people to use the elevators. There aren’t Ikea sized signs. It would certainly help. The escalators have “tiny” warning signs to not bring on the strollers even without the kid in them.

mickEblu

I use the escalator with a stroller and I’ll have you know I’m not an idiot 😁. Anyone with decent motor skills should be able to do it without messing it up as long as their is no kid in the stroller. I’d imagine it’s why we never hear of any incidents on the escalators even though thousands of people do it everyday. It’s probably safer than the drive to the park.

Phroobar

By having less elevator capacity, you’re forcing people with strollers to use the escalators regardless. Do they have another 20 minutes to burn to use the elevators? They aren’t directing people to use the elevators. There aren’t Ikea sized signs. It would certainly help. The escalators have “tiny” warning signs to not bring on the strollers even without the kid in them.
They are doubling elevator capacity. The old ones are still around.

I use the escalator with a stroller and I’ll have you know I’m not an idiot 😁. Anyone with decent motor skills should be able to do it without messing it up as long as their is no kid in the stroller. I’d imagine it’s why we never hear of any incidents on the escalators even though thousands of people do it everyday. It’s probably safer than the drive to the park.

I'm talking about the morons that keep their kids in the strollers on the escalators.

mm121

The elevator location was totally obvious from the concept art. I never understood why no one could figure that out.
Agreed, but seemed people didn't believe when I pointed it out.

Though originally it seemed like they'd put 4 in instead of just 2

Yea they need two big huge ones

How many Elevators does Mickey and friends have?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom