Pixar overlay of Universe of Energy - Supply me a rope?

the-reason14

I think the idea is actually good. I know the op said to not think about all the pixar related stuff, and honestly if there wasnt so much, and already a crappy monsters show at the mk, this would have been one of the best executed pixar makeovers imo. But I think the ride is long, but its a nice way to escape the heat and rain, even get you a power nap in. I wouldnt care really if they did change it to that, even though its not really a rumor just an idea, but the only thing that would bother me is knowing there was another pixar makeover.

Dragonrider1227

Character overlays are no problem to me because most people today (Not just kids) need familiarity. Just look at today's top movies. 90% of them are based on books, comics, older movies, ect. the seller today is familiarity and it that's what gets feet in the parks, that's what Disney's gonna do. I also get the feeling I may be part of "the problem" because as a kid, I was often bored with attractions that didn't have familar characters in them. The only acception to this was Jungle Cruise, Journey into Imagination, and It's a Small World. Most everything else when I was little bored me. Like the original Tiki Room and most of Epcot in fact. And what I wasn't bored with, I was scared of like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, POTC, and Haunted Mansion. So if MY way of thinking as a child is anything like today's youth, then it's understandable why Disney goes this route now. That said, I still don't understand the hate on Pixar. They're saving Disney

EPCOT Explorer

Character overlays are no problem to me because most people today (Not just kids) need familiarity. Just look at today's top movies. 90% of them are based on books, comics, older movies, ect. the seller today is familiarity and it that's what gets feet in the parks, that's what Disney's gonna do. I also get the feeling I may be part of "the problem" because as a kid, I was often bored with attractions that didn't have familar characters in them. The only acception to this was Jungle Cruise, Journey into Imagination, and It's a Small World. Most everything else when I was little bored me. Like the original Tiki Room and most of Epcot in fact. And what I wasn't bored with, I was scared of like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, POTC, and Haunted Mansion. So if MY way of thinking as a child is anything like today's youth, then it's understandable why Disney goes this route now. That said, I still don't understand the hate on Pixar. They're saving Disney

I just wish Disney could save themselves.:eek: Pixar could be an added bonus like in the '90's.

hpyhnt 1000

Thanks, but no thanks.

Ah...no. Sorry, but I must respectfully disagree with this concept. Epcot is meant to showcase real-world problems and offer practical solutions, not imaginary monsters that use human laughs to "harness" power. Save the fantasy for DHS or MK, and lets keep Epcot grounded in reality.

imagineer boy

I will say I do like the current version with Bill Nye and Ellen, but its really out dated and needs change. I really can't think of any ideas on how to do that at the moment, but hopefully its not somthing involved with characters.

Mr.EPCOT

Dinosaurs? They have dinosaurs? Guess I should try and stay awake past the pre-show. LOL
Paul

How do you make it into the traveling theater cars if you're asleep? :p

The entire attraction needs an update. Petroleum is on the way out. If this showcase is to represent energy of tomorrow for the area it's in, it needs to present some exciting new information on the latest technologies. Petroleum is not necessarily "fossil" fuel anyway, so the dino link is an obsolete theory.

New topics:

• Hydrogen
  • Fusion
  • Solar (ground based)
  • Wind
  • Orbital Solar with Microwave ground transfer
There is so much Disney can do with the topic to bring it up to date. Oh well, it won't be happening anytime soon with all the projects currently underway.

All awesome ideas, and one thing I would really love to see them bring back is mentioning the solar panels on the roof and how the traveling theater cars work. Bonus points if they actually changed out the panels to the latest solar technology!

I really hope they just decide on updating the pavilion, rather than gutting/flattening it. The elements I'd love to see carried over into Universe of Energy 3.0:

• An epic score in the tradition of both versions of the show, the fanboy in me hoping that it would be based around the original main Universe of Energy theme. I would also love to see the pulsing chime sound used that was at the end of theater two and grew with a pulsating crescendo into the finale.
  • Revival of the Kinetic Mosaic pre-show: the Radok screens could totally be updated and more reliable with today's technology. Personally, I think it's stupid they didn't keep it for Ellen's Energy Adventure, just think about some of the tiles flipping like they are the Jeopardy board.
  • The Big Bang sequence: to me, it puts the "Universe" in Universe of Energy, and it's just one of the coolest film pieces that the Imagineers have ever produced. Just imagine it filling up more of that time in theater one and rendered with modern CGI!
  • The traveling theater cars, maybe replace the shell of vehicle with some sort of opaque, translucent plastic or fiber glass, and give them a glow from within. They could even change colors and brightness with the various films and elements of the attraction, although that might be somewhat extraneous.
  • A big special effects finale in the spirit of the original, with a much less disco-y new rendition of the Universe of Energy theme song. The current finale I think just leaves you with a "That's it?" feeling, when you should be coming out of that pavilion totally psyched.
  • And most importantly, the attraction should instill in you an awesome positive feeling for the future, letting you know that there is no need to worry about running out of power, and with some hard work there will be plentiful amounts of energy for the survival and improvement of humanity.

Honestly, while everyone loves them (including myself) and is amazing work done by WED, the dinosaurs should probably be taken out, not really being representative of anything to do with the promise of energy.

Oh, and by the way, does anyone know what the scaffolding is for that's up on the front of the pavilion?

The Empress Lilly

If Disney were to redesign, slightly, i believe Monsters Inc would actually be a very good overlay, that would work.

You guys will probably hate it.

I guess i should just say ''shoot me now?''
I won't shoot you over this. In fact, I am not unsympathetic to the idea.

Your idea is fine. Just like The Seas with Nemo is fine. Nemo is an improvement over The Living Snorefest, er...Seas. And Energy with Sully could well be an improvement over Energy with Ellen.

However, I do prefer a more inspirational FW. Pixar is fine, but I can not get a much higher standard for FW out of my mind. :cry:

EPCOT Explorer

How do you make it into the traveling theater cars if you're asleep? :p

All awesome ideas, and one thing I would really love to see them bring back is mentioning the solar panels on the roof and how the traveling theater cars work. Bonus points if they actually changed out the panels to the latest solar technology!

I really hope they just decide on updating the pavilion, rather than gutting/flattening it. The elements I'd love to see carried over into Universe of Energy 3.0:

• An epic score in the tradition of both versions of the show, the fanboy in me hoping that it would be based around the original main Universe of Energy theme. I would also love to see the pulsing chime sound used that was at the end of theater two and grew with a pulsating crescendo into the finale.
  • Revival of the Kinetic Mosaic pre-show: the Radok screens could totally be updated and more reliable with today's technology. Personally, I think it's stupid they didn't keep it for Ellen's Energy Adventure, just think about some of the tiles flipping like they are the Jeopardy board.
  • The Big Bang sequence: to me, it puts the "Universe" in Universe of Energy, and it's just one of the coolest film pieces that the Imagineers have ever produced. Just imagine it filling up more of that time in theater one and rendered with modern CGI!
  • The traveling theater cars, maybe replace the shell of vehicle with some sort of opaque, translucent plastic or fiber glass, and give them a glow from within. They could even change colors and brightness with the various films and elements of the attraction, although that might be somewhat extraneous.
  • A big special effects finale in the spirit of the original, with a much less disco-y new rendition of the Universe of Energy theme song. The current finale I think just leaves you with a "That's it?" feeling, when you should be coming out of that pavilion totally psyched.
  • And most importantly, the attraction should instill in you an awesome positive feeling for the future, letting you know that there is no need to worry about running out of power, and with some hard work there will be plentiful amounts of energy for the survival and improvement of humanity.

Honestly, while everyone loves them (including myself) and is amazing work done by WED, the dinosaurs should probably be taken out, not really being representative of anything to do with the promise of energy.

Oh, and by the way, does anyone know what the scaffolding is for that's up on the front of the pavilion?

GREAT ideas!

But what's this about scaffolding?!?:eek::eek::eek:

hpyhnt 1000

Whoops too late for Circle of Life, Grand Fiesta Tour, And The Seas With NEMO......:lookaroun

I try not to think about those attractions. :eek: I'm not going to deny that The Living Seas and El Rio del Tiempo needed updates; its just that I think the updates made were not the best. (And that's putting it mildly. :lol:)

olmec26

As a game show nerd, I must say it's awesome to hear the 1991 bongo remix Jeopardy! theme every time I go to the pavilion. :)

This is completely selfish, but I really want Jeopardy! to continue to be a part of the attraction when it eventually does get refurbed.

IceGator

The last time I went on this the cars were filled with couples making out (young and old I might add!) Apparently dinosaurs and Jeopardy! make for quite the tunnel of love. :shrug: My friend and I laughed and renamed it the Universe of "Romantic" Energy. We were quite happy when the ride broke down mid-journey and we got to leave early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom