Pixar Fest - Reviews and Thoughts, plus Soft Opening News

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Just to put this all in perspective, people "liked" and paid money to sit through The Emoji Movie too.
So, the correlation between something's "goodness" and the willingness of people to experience it doesn't always jive.

Part of me wonders how much of the "success" of this Fest (ie, merch sales, etc) is due to the fact that it's a "limited time" event. I wonder if Disney had just released these buckets in conjunction with no other promotions if the reaction would have been nearly as intense.

It's the "new" nature of things combined with delusional AP FOMO that fuel these kinds of events.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Yeah but at least hanging out at Walmart is free.
But people like this are hogging the rides.

walmart-visitors1.jpg

Animaniac93-98

You know, it is suspicious. And the photos speak volumes.

It's a Tuesday in late April. There is not a child in sight. All of these people look to be in their late 20's to late 40's; prime career working age. The unemployment rate in Orange County is at a 40 year low of only 3.9%. And yet all of these able-bodied adults are standing in line at a theme park on a Tuesday morning to buy a $20 chunk of plastic made in China that is slightly altered from all the other $20 chunks of plastic made in China they already bought.

It's really very troubling if you think about it for a few moments.

And these are the same people who will be camping like the homeless outside of Star Wars Land, feeling like they are entitled to experience it first, while out-of-state visitors (who paid thousands for their ONE trip) wonder how will they deal with these people.

Curious Constance

And these are the same people who will be camping like the homeless outside of Star Wars Land, feeling like they are entitled to experience it first, while out-of-state visitors (who paid thousands for their ONE trip) wonder how will they deal with these people.

Who had no idea their one or two days in the park would be cut short unless they paid double the admission. BS.

Disneylover152

Back to Pixar Fest, yesterday I went to Disneyland Park for the entire day and rode a lot of rides. Pixar Fest, to me, felt like an added bonus. It wasn’t like the entire park was Pixar, it was if you wanted to take part in the Pixar celebrations (pizza planet, play parade), you could. But it wasn’t trying to throw Pixar in your face.

Also, I cried three times yesterday. Once when we first entered the park, once during Fantasmic, and once during Together Forever. I watched that and everything after Coco made me cry. I forgot how much Pixar was apart of my childhood until watching that show. I actually really enjoyed it, but it screams temporary.

Also, according to a cast member I talked to, they are thinking of bringing Pixar Fest to Hollywood Studios in Disney World in 2019 (since Star Wars is opening in holiday season in WDW) and Walt Disney Studios in Paris in 2020. I’m not sure if it’s worth it for them to bring these banners, fireworks and the Play Parade to these parks for a limited time, but who knows!

TTA94

Back to Pixar Fest, yesterday I went to Disneyland Park for the entire day and rode a lot of rides. Pixar Fest, to me, felt like an added bonus. It wasn’t like the entire park was Pixar, it was if you wanted to take part in the Pixar celebrations (pizza planet, play parade), you could. But it wasn’t trying to throw Pixar in your face.

Also, I cried three times yesterday. Once when we first entered the park, once during Fantasmic, and once during Together Forever. I watched that and everything after Coco made me cry. I forgot how much Pixar was apart of my childhood until watching that show. I actually really enjoyed it, but it screams temporary.

Also, according to a cast member I talked to, they are thinking of bringing Pixar Fest to Hollywood Studios in Disney World in 2019 (since Star Wars is opening in holiday season in WDW) and Walt Disney Studios in Paris in 2020. I’m not sure if it’s worth it for them to bring these banners, fireworks and the Play Parade to these parks for a limited time, but who knows!

If DHS does get Pixar Fest next year that wouldn’t mean Paint The Night to right?? :eek: It is Pixar heavy. I think Pixar Play Parade, Paint The Night and Together Forever (or a version of it) would be a bit much for DHS.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom