pity people on holiday in jan!

dazzer68

Original Poster
:hammer: pity those people on holiday at wdw in january everything seems to be shut for rehab! i know its a quite time ,but i think disney should give more notice of rides that are going to be shut 2months, isnt much, if its your annual holiday and your travelling half way round the world for it! i know im going in feb and its taken me along time to be able to afford the trip from england but if i get there and loads of rides are shut i wont be happy.i know things go wrong and need to be fixed,but more notice at least 6 months would be favourable:hammer:

Nemo14

Since rehabs are often planned for a low-attendance time, it's basically a chance you take when you go during low season. Is it worth it to miss a few rides for the sake of having smaller crowds?

HunnyPot

Yeah, it's a little disappointing, but you get what you pay for I guess! Since it's a value, its expected things will be closing. Just something you have to deal with. We'll be there January 20-25, so we should be able to hit Splash before they close it, unless they close early. It's OK though...we'll still have a blast! There is so much to do! Plus, think about it this way...if you know a ride is going to be closed, then maybe you'll have more time to do other things multiple times. That's kinda our attitude.

astewart

HunnyPot said:
Yeah, it's a little disappointing, but you get what you pay for I guess! Since it's a value, its expected things will be closing. Just something you have to deal with. We'll be there January 20-25, so we should be able to hit Splash before they close it, unless they close early. It's OK though...we'll still have a blast! There is so much to do! Plus, think about it this way...if you know a ride is going to be closed, then maybe you'll have more time to do other things multiple times. That's kinda our attitude.

hold the phone here.... splash is closing sometime near the end of jan? How long? Any idea? I'm going feb8-16... and splash is my fav ride! :(

What else is expected to be closed around this time?

EDIT:

Ok, I see the sched for splash and I should be ok for that one. But still what else should we expect to see down when we're there in early feb?

dazzer68

Original Poster
yeah fair do but the tickets in the uk cost the same all year round im not going to disney at a special rate ,only the flights are reduced, not the disney part!

Laura

I go in Jan-Feb a lot. There's always rehab walls and rides closed everywhere you look. If you can't make it to Disney often, then you'll probably want to go during a busier time when there is less construction.

wannab@dis

dazzer68 said:
yeah fair do but the tickets in the uk cost the same all year round im not going to disney at a special rate ,only the flights are reduced, not the disney part!

Lodging will also be reduced... whether onsite or off.

When do you think they should do the refurbs? Doesn't it make sense to you that they do the refurbs during the times when the crowds are at the lowest point? It seems to me that Disney is doing their best by trying to do the refurbs when it impacts the least number of guests.

I've seen plenty of walls during my visits since I typically go during the off peak times. But the cooler weather and lower crowds are worth the possibility of some closures. Plus, it gives me just one more reason to go back!

MickeyTigg

Michael72688 said:
No matter when they do it, the ride will have to be closed for someones trip and Jan. is one of the slowest months of the year.

WDW could always pull a Wallyworld and close the entire resort at once and rehab everything at the same time.

:animwink:

AndyP

Tbh, even if they did announce rehabs 6 months in advance, they would still be at the same times. If you go in low season its a price you pay, ofcourse you are also saving money.

Iakona

dazzer68 said:
:hammer: pity those people on holiday at wdw in january everything seems to be shut for rehab! i know its a quite time ,but i think disney should give more notice of rides that are going to be shut 2months, isnt much, if its your annual holiday and your travelling half way round the world for it! i know im going in feb and its taken me along time to be able to afford the trip from england but if i get there and loads of rides are shut i wont be happy.i know things go wrong and need to be fixed,but more notice at least 6 months would be favourable:hammer:

Not that big of a deal. It is the chance we take going during this season. The trade off is not that bad when you consider the weather in Orlando compared to the snowy Northeast.

HunnyPot

astewart said:
hold the phone here.... splash is closing sometime near the end of jan? How long? Any idea? I'm going feb8-16... and splash is my fav ride! :(

What else is expected to be closed around this time?

EDIT:

Ok, I see the sched for splash and I should be ok for that one. But still what else should we expect to see down when we're there in early feb?

The rides I know of being closed during that time are Splash, Test Track, and Buzz Lightyear. If there are others, I don't know about them yet!

Mallen19

Like a few others we are going last week in Jan first week in Feb, quick question to one of the many disney experts out there. Are these announcements the start of a number of further rehab announcements or is this it ?

It does seem extremely short notice. We only booked up on saturday as we were waiting til the last possible minute to try & avoid this. Have emailed disney and am awaiting a response as although we accept rehabs have to happen, particularly the buzz one seems a bit late in the day for such a long period compared to TT that was announced a while ago. :(

mountainmaster1

I was there last Jan and, while all the rides were operating, I have never seen so many construction walls in my life. It seemed like everywhere I turned there was a wall. It did detract from the magic a bit, especially since Partners was gone for rehab, and the Hub was surrounded by walls, making pictures of the castle a bit awkward.

dazzer68

Original Poster
i agree with malen? of course i accept these things are necessary but walt disney world is a year round destination not just for those at peak times.....
the magis is tainted if some of the rides are closed for so long ican only afford to go about evety ten years (i know how do i survive) and last time i went they were building test track this time im going its closed last time i went typhoon lagoon was shut same again this time....! bit disappointing.just seems late i the day to be calling more and more closeures for rehabs...since ive booked weve learnt splash,test and buzz are rehabs and typhoon is shut! and we only booked a month ago.....:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom