Pittsburgh Penguins at Disney?

cl2

Original Poster
Usually the NHL Stanley Cup champions visit Disney World after they've won the Stanley Cup, and I was just wondering if anyone has any idea on when the Pittsburgh Penguins will be going to Disney World?

DizneyPryncess

My husband & I have been talking about this too. If they are in fact visiting, it hasn't been announced to any of the local papers, radio stations or pens message boards.

They haven't been there yet though. They spent all weekend hauling the cup all over downtown Pittsburgh. They went to 3 bars w/it Saturday night, and took it the Pirate Game this afternoon. Tomorrow morning is the celebratory parade & rally in the city w/all the players. So maybe sometime after that?

stevieg639

I have not heard any news through the portal about it. I hope it comes soon because I really want to be there, since I am a huge Pittsburgh fan. It may be early but GO STEELERS.

BigB911

How about Go Bucco's?:hammer:

The last time the Pirates made the playoffs was 1992, which was also the last year the Pens won the cup.

Maybe...just a glimmer of hope...maybe?

RnRJoe6114

I've never really kept track of Stanley Cup winner's trips to the World, but do they usually go as a whole, the whole team that is?

MissM

I've never really kept track of Stanley Cup winner's trips to the World, but do they usually go as a whole, the whole team that is?
When the Lightning won, it was a handful of star player who came to WDW for a parade.

Each player also gets the Cup for 24 hours. A handler travels with the Cup everywhere it goes - it never leaves his sight. But each player will get a full day with it to take it anywhere they want and to do anything they want with it. (Well, short of damaging it of course.) People drink out of it, babies get baths in it, etc. It goes on a lot of adventures. (see this article for some info.)

The team will have certain group events for the press and often a parade shortly after winning in their hometown, but it's really about each player getting his day to spend with the Cup personally more than anything.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditions_and_anecdotes_associated_with_the_Stanley_Cup#Adventures

RnRJoe6114

When the Lightning won, it was a handful of star player who came to WDW for a parade.

Each player also gets the Cup for 24 hours. A handler travels with the Cup everywhere it goes - it never leaves his sight. But each player will get a full day with it to take it anywhere they want and to do anything they want with it. (Well, short of damaging it of course.) People drink out of it, babies get baths in it, etc. It goes on a lot of adventures. (see this article for some info.)

The team will have certain group events for the press and often a parade shortly after winning in their hometown, but it's really about each player getting his day to spend with the Cup personally more than anything.

Thanks for the info...I know all the other lagistics(sp?) of Stanley Cup winners...I'm a pretty big hockey fan...just wasn't sure if the teams usually go to Disney as a whole or just kinda show when they show up like NFL players.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
With as quickly we ran through Philly the last 2 years in the playoffs I could see how it would be easy to just forget...

MissM

... is the NHL on TV? I havent heard of them since 2004. Thought the league folded....
Game Seven was on NBC in prime time. Sadly, the cable network that has the rights to the games is Versus. ESPN hasn't had it for a few years now and VS coverage blows.

NBC has late-round Playoff and Finals rights. They aired a few games this year.

PhotoDave219

Game Seven was on NBC in prime time. Sadly, the cable network that has the rights to the games is Versus. ESPN hasn't had it for a few years now and VS coverage blows.

NBC has late-round Playoff and Finals rights. They aired a few games this year.

I know.

(You missed the joke and took me seriously. Personally, i blame Jabba the Leonsis who owns the Capitals for all the league's problems.)

MissM

I know.

(You missed the joke and took me seriously. Personally, i blame Jabba the Leonsis who owns the Capitals for all the league's problems.)
Well, as a Bruins fan, it was pretty much impossible to watch ANY game since they decided showing the last 10 minutes of the third period was enough to satisfy fans. :mad: (Have I mentioned I'm no fan of Versus?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom