Pirates Sequel Villian

Epcot82Guy

Budke said:
WILD SPECULATION 1: They set this up at the end of the last movie. The monkey reached into the treasure chest and removed a coin ... and then somehow moves the curse to Barbossa. Either way, there is an undead monkey on the loose (undead monkey!).

WILD SPECULATION 2: Barbossa's soul (and Boot Strap Bill's) went straight to Davey Jones when they finally died with the end of the curse. Davy Jones wants to collect everyone touched by the curse to crew the Flying Dutchman -- including Sparrow. This would set up the possiblity of Barbossa being an ally as he would also want to defeat Jones to free his soul (or at least take control of the ship).

While those might be wild, I think they sound great. I think the first film set up how great story twists can be. So many avenues are left open. :sohappy:

FigmentJedi

The sequel sounds as if it will be as good or even surpass the first one. But there is one thing that is extremely unlikely, but would be plain awesome to see: Jack Sparrow fighting Ninjas.

matt88mph

I'm sorry, I have to say this:

That looks great, but where are the rest of the Monkees?

Seriously, that looks scary/cool. Looking forward to the next 2 movies.

Lee

Adventurer
Yep...it's a real concept, similar to what Jim Hill wrote about some time back.
Screamscape got hold of this and a couple more pieces of art. Nothing is greenlit, as far as I know.
From what I'm told, when Pirates is added to HK Disneyland in a few years, it will be more based on the ride than the others. The reason being that the Chinese people are familiar with the film, but not the original ride. Apparently, the concept and effects are good enough that there is a chance that some of it will be added to Disneyland's version as an enhancement to, but not a replacement for, the original ride (Space/Rockit Mountain).

Personally...I love the name. Much better than Rockit Mountain. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom