Pirates Sequel Villian

Number_6

First off, let me say that is one cool looking baddie and I love the actor playing him as well.

Now let me say, I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever would want to see that as an animatronic on the ride. The ride came first, so we should stop trying to have things from the movie(s) added to it. Bad enough that there is supposedly going to be a Captain Jack Sparrow one added to the HK Disney version and they are rumored to be thinking of doing so on the other versions, but there really would have to be a massive overhaul of the whole ride if they wanted to include Davey Jones as well.

Shaman

I'm just wondering on the story behind the look...I hope its not something like a curse...again...

It looks cool...though.

CoffeeJedi

Original Poster
Number_6 said:
Now let me say, I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever would want to see that as an animatronic on the ride. The ride came first, so we should stop trying to have things from the movie(s) added to it. Bad enough that there is supposedly going to be a Captain Jack Sparrow one added to the HK Disney version and they are rumored to be thinking of doing so on the other versions, but there really would have to be a massive overhaul of the whole ride if they wanted to include Davey Jones as well.

i'm conflicted on the whole "attraction updates from the films" issue. on one hand, i love PotC, and don't want to see it cheapened. OTOH, getting new things is great, and truly "plussing" old attractions should never be looked down upon

Sergeant Tibbs

The story seems kinda, well... stupid to me. I hope it is a good movie because I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope its not a big dissapointment. The pic looks awesome though! Thanks for finding that.

MartyMouse

Cool photo.
When the first film came out I walked into that theater expecting total crap I was pleasantly surprised at what a great film it turned out to be, and yeah the sequel sounds a little silly, but I’ll keep an open mind this time.
As for adding new characters to the ride – I say go for it - keeps the old rides fresh, I wish our Pirates ride was half as good as the one in DLP.

WDWCP

MartyMouse said:
Cool photo.
When the first film came out I walked into that theater expecting total crap I was pleasantly surprised at what a great film it turned out to be, and yeah the sequel sounds a little silly, but I’ll keep an open mind this time.
As for adding new characters to the ride – I say go for it - keeps the old rides fresh, I wish our Pirates ride was half as good as the one in DLP.

You know, I thought the same thing. I've never been a fan of many of the movies that have been created based on a ride attaction. Something about not liking how Hollywood can't seem to find any original ideas any more... Anyway, I was also really pleasently surprised with the movie and went right out and bought my own copy!!

Here's to hoping that the new ones are just as nicely done!!

TinkerBell9988

What a cool lookin' villian... I can't wait to see this!

I LOVED the first Pirates, and was very happy (and surprised) to hear that they were going to make not one, but TWO sequels to this. As long as Johnny and Orlando are in both, then I will be a happy girl. . . :lol:

CoffeeJedi

Original Poster
i hope that his tentacles can move and squirm around, and don't just hang there like a cheap rubber halloween mask

DONALDisMYhero

This is sort of off topic, but aren't they filming both the 2nd and 3rd movie around the same time? And does anybody have the link for the story behind them?

tazhughes

Number_6 said:

It depends on how the addition is handled. I think adding Jack Sparrow to the jail scene where they attempt to lure the dog with the bone could be cute. Just use his line from the movie and him sitting on the bunk in th back and it would be a cute wink to the audience without changing the storyline of the ride. Of course I think the storyline is very lacking on this ride and should be revamped in the (crosses fingers) upcoming rehab.

disneylands

Account Suspended
DONALDisMYhero said:
This is sort of off topic, but aren't they filming both the 2nd and 3rd movie around the same time? And does anybody have the link for the story behind them?

kinda old but here it is... Know one knows the story or title of the third film yet, that is a closely guarded secret.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom