Pirates Rehab?

radiohost

THIS WOULD BE SUICIDE!!!! okay....maybe not that,,,, but a rehab in the peek of the season and in the presence of the POTC Dead mans chest,,,,it would be a huge mistake..........

..and im willing to bet my first college program paycheck that the world premiere will be at WDW!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

WDWRLD

Lee said:
Sorry. It's gonna happen.:cool:
Im sure it will......Im waiting on the redo of The Great Movie Ride. Mabee then we will get the wizzard of oz section changed over to the Muppets wizzard of oz like the movie that just came out.

MickeyTigg

You'd think that they'd want this up and running when the movie came out. This ride is a favorite of ours so I'm hoping the dates I've heard are right and that they are ahead of schedule...we're going in June and I'd hate to miss it.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Brian Skinner said:
Im sure it will......Im waiting on the redo of The Great Movie Ride. Mabee then we will get the wizzard of oz section changed over to the Muppets wizzard of oz like the movie that just came out.

Hahahaha. Be careful what you say, some people will believe you're serious. I thought it was hilarious though. :lol:

WDWRLD

Did annyone hear.....Eddie Murphy is being added to the Haunted Mansion. They are also going to remove the horseless hearse in front of the mansion and add the grey BMW from the movie. What a photo op that will be.

PhilharMagician said:
Again, thanks for the info Lee.

I do hope they do it. It would allow for another scene to be added. I guess only time will tell.

Yea I really hope they do it as well. The more changes they make to WDW's POTC THE BETTER!

PoTCGuy

Original Poster
Does anyone know how far ahead of time Disney typically announces an attraction closure? Or is there not really a "typical" time? For instance, for a rehab beginning in May, would they announce it in April? March?

If they are doing some major work and not just a week long cleaning, I would think they already know several months in advance so they can start ordering materials and scheduling the work.

Thanks again!

Lee

Adventurer
Park operations knows well in advance of any refurbishments or closures. However, there is no real timeline for announcing it or making it public.
If you call the public numbers, they will always tell you there is nothing planned unless it has been officially announced.

dxwwf3

I personally wouldn't mind if they replaced the entire attraction because I've never really thought the WDW POTC was all that great, but I can respect the opinon of the fans not wanting it changed all that much. I might disagree, but I can see where they are coming from. There are quite a few dead spots at WDW where there could be some easy additions of Sparrow and whatnot. One thing I really wish they wouldn't do would be to replace the queue music with score from the film. I personally hope they keep the attraction true to its roots as an original theme park attraction and not make it feel like an attraction based on a film. I don't think a few animatronics and a boat change to the Black Pearl would do that, but I can easily see Disney getting out of hand with this too. We'll have to wait and see, maybe I'll get lucky and the rehab will be done by June.

Connor002

dxwwf3 said:
I I personally hope they keep the attraction true to its roots as an original theme park attraction and not make it feel like an attraction based on a film.

An attrction, based on a film, which was based on that attraction. :lookaroun

dxwwf3

Connor002 said:
An attrction, based on a film, which was based on that attraction. :lookaroun

Not quite. The same original attraction with a LITTLE sprinkling of the film. Just enough to cash in and shut up those that complain about not seeing Sparrow.

At least that's how I hope/think it will turn out.

PoTCGuy

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
I personally wouldn't mind if they replaced the entire attraction because I've never really thought the WDW POTC was all that great, but I can respect the opinon of the fans not wanting it changed all that much. I might disagree, but I can see where they are coming from. There are quite a few dead spots at WDW where there could be some easy additions of Sparrow and whatnot. One thing I really wish they wouldn't do would be to replace the queue music with score from the film. I personally hope they keep the attraction true to its roots as an original theme park attraction and not make it feel like an attraction based on a film. I don't think a few animatronics and a boat change to the Black Pearl would do that, but I can easily see Disney getting out of hand with this too. We'll have to wait and see, maybe I'll get lucky and the rehab will be done by June.

I hope I get lucky too! Right now, we're planning on June, which is, unfortunately, included in both of the rumored closing periods (Mouseplanet and Intercot). :brick:

Maybe there will be a "soft" opening when we're there?

WDWRLD

Disneys big claim was that it was the first movie based on a ride. Thay had plenty of rides based on movies. Now they are going backwards IMO and changing the ride. I hope they never make a Big thunder RR movie because as we know its based on the dry arid west....this could be bad news for the rivers of america............or wait.............where did the river boat REALLY go???

Main Street Jim

I can tell you right now that there is nothing listed on our Cast Information site about (WDW) Pirates going down for a rehab. All that's listed right now is Buzz, Splash, Riverboat, and Timekeeper (operating seasonally). On Disney's official Web site for the park, there is nothing listed for the months of March through July, at least for a PotC rehab.

Now Disneyland's, on the other hand, is getting an extensive rehab.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom