Pirates rehab and enhancements confirmed!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Additions to Pirates of the Caribbean is confirmed. Info coming shortly.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
http://www.wdwmagic.com/magic.htm

It has today been confirmed internally at Disney that Pirates of the Caribbean at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland will undergo the much rumored show enhancements. Top of the list are the additions of elements from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, including Captain Jack Sparrow and Barbossa audio-animatronics. There will also be new special effects, and some new operational enhancements. The timeframe has not been confirmed, but see the 17 January 2006 update below for the latest rumored dates.

e4ymod

wdwmagic said:

It has today been confirmed internally at Disney that Pirates of the Caribbean at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland will undergo the much rumored show enhancements. Top of the list are the additions of elements from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, including Captain Jack Sparrow and Barbossa audio-animatronics. There will also be new special effects, and some new operational enhancements. The timeframe has not been confirmed, but see the 17 January 2006 update below for the latest rumored dates.

:sohappy:

imagineersrock

wdwmagic said:

Can't wait! Thanks again Steve. :)

ScrapIron

Can't wait to see the results. I listen to (among many types of music) jazz and the Grateful Dead because I want to be surprised and experience new things musically. I feel the same way about theme park attractions.

Cheers.

Jamie P

This was something that our Keys to the Kingdom Tour Guide talked about last week. She said (and it is not an offical release), that the Pirates attraction would undergo a major rehab. Love the movie, imagine I will love the ride all that much more.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Jamie P said:
This was something that our Keys to the Kingdom Tour Guide talked about last week. She said (and it is not an offical release), that the Pirates attraction would undergo a major rehab. Love the movie, imagine I will love the ride all that much more.

Right it has been rumored for a while now. The significant thing today though, is that it is now 100% officially confirmed internally at Disney. :)

Jamie P

wdwmagic said:
Right it has been rumored for a while now. The significant thing today though, is that it is now 100% officially confirmed internally at Disney. :)

Thanks so much for the offical word Steve (and I wanted to also say thanks for this wonderful Disney information site). I will be waiting to hear now when and how long it will be down.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Any guesses as to the length of time for this rehab and a possible scope of work. Are we talking a IASW gutting or a general sprucing up.

LouDisney

Thanks Steve. I can't wait to see the results. I will be waiting to hear how long it will be down too, I have two trips planned this year :)

Enderikari

wdwmagic said:

And wasn't it a pretty letter from Phil, Steve? Had the old costumes and everything.

Epcot82Guy

I will be interested to see how this works. I think there is a good potential to have some great sprucing up and some individual things integrated in. As long as we don't get "Pirates of the Caribbean - Under New Management" I think we'll be ok.

EpcotGrl

Epcot82Guy said:
As long as we don't get "Pirates of the Caribbean - Under New Management" I think we'll be ok.

Hurray! And :lol: ...if it's "POTC Under New Management" I'm starting a revolution :p

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Master Yoda said:
Any guesses as to the length of time for this rehab and a possible scope of work. Are we talking a IASW gutting or a general sprucing up.
this is the million dollar question since we have a trip in september planned..... im keeping my fingers crossed

Grim Grinner

I'm kind of bummed that the changes are hitting both parks. I'd like at least some place to rekindle the memories.

My pet peeve with this whole thing is that the movie would not exist without the ride. Now the ride will be changed to reflect the movie. Does anyone find this disturbing?

I'm all for new effects and visuals, but let us hope that the ride isn't completely changed.

Having a solitary Jack Sparrow wouldn't hurt, but I fear what would happen if they (Imagineers) went overboard (no pun intended).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Grim Grinner said:
Having a solitary Jack Sparrow wouldn't hurt, but I fear what would happen if they (Imagineers) went overboard (no pun intended).

He will be making more than one appearance. However, the essence of the ride isnt going to be changed. It's more a case of having Jack Sparrow in the existing scenes.

gboiler1

So glad to hear a confirmation. It will be great to hear more. We are planning to go after Thanksgiving, so hoping there's a good chance we'll get to experience the new and improved. I've always thought the FLA version needs some serious help to compete w/the CA version. Hopefully this will fill the bill!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
jmaxwell007 said:
this is the million dollar question since we have a trip in september planned..... im keeping my fingers crossed
Being one of those fortunate ones that get to go all the time my concerns are a little different. I would rather it be closed for a year and do the job correctly like Disney did with IASW rather than a rush job with no real noticeable improvements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom