Pirates queue social distance walls

yensidtlaw1969

No offense. But I'll defer to the discussions I've had with local doctors here. Back to the topic.
From the CDC Website:

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 3.25.32 PM.png

Link:

yensidtlaw1969

The CDC are not experts. They've been routinely wrong in the past. I would encourage you to speak with local medical professionals who deal directly with viruses on a daily basis.
Then how about this - Disney's rules still require you to wear masks and keep physical distance when in line. Even when there's a plexiglass barrier.

I don't understand what point you think you're making here. If you're at Disney you gotta follow their rules, which follow the CDC Guidelines.

PS: I know literally 20 different medical professionals who are either family, close friends, or neighbors who all agree with the importance of both Masks and Distancing together.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Then how about this - Disney's rules still require you to wear masks and keep physical distance when in line. Even when there's a plexiglass barrier.

I don't understand what point you think you're making here. If you're at Disney you gotta follow their rules, which follow the CDC Guidelines.
It's two different discussions.

"I think the rule should be changed" is not the same as "I will refuse to follow the rule."

yensidtlaw1969

It's two different discussions.

"I think the rule should be changed" is not the same as "I will refuse to follow the rule."

But they never said "they should change that", what they said was "you don't need both a mask AND distancing" and that barriers render masks ineffective, neither of which is true:

Don't need both. Cloth/paper masks are a last resort when you can't distance. If you can distance and/or have barriers -- the masks are no longer effective. But that discussion is for a different thread.

GladToBeHear

But they never said "they should change that", what they said was "you don't need both a mask AND distancing" and that barriers render masks ineffective, neither of which is true:
Never said I wouldn't follow the rules. I was in WDW last September for two weeks all masked-up like everyone else.

I was only responding to your comment to someone else about the temporary walls. No big deal. We can agree to disagree.

BTW. Everytime I see your avatar -- I think it's Justin Timberlake. Is that you?

yensidtlaw1969

Never said I wouldn't follow the rules. I was in WDW last September for two weeks all masked-up like everyone else.

I was only responding to your comment to someone else about the temporary walls. No big deal. We can agree to disagree.

BTW. Everytime I see your avatar -- I think it's Justin Timberlake. Is that you?
Ha! Yes, an old picture of me. I've gotten that in person on occasion as well - enough that I remember but not often enough that I believe it! I hear that I look like Harry Potter much more frequently, which, unlike JT, I can actually kinda see.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For what it’s worth, UK government also stipulates masks plus distancing work hand in hand. Not exclusively.

The French government must too since these queue barriers are installed in every switchback area of every queue in DLP.

Two governments and the CDC? What a coincidence.

GladToBeHear

For what it’s worth, UK government also stipulates masks plus distancing work hand in hand. Not exclusively.

The French government must too since these queue barriers are installed in every switchback area of every queue in DLP.

Two governments and the CDC? What a coincidence.
You obviously have more faith in government agencies than I do. There's also a political component at play here as well.

SoFloMagic

I don't mean to continue this discussion, but it's related to the thread - studies are now showing 3 foot distancing PLUS masks is plenty. Seems to me this would mean the plexi is no longer necessary as long as queues are somewhat distanced and the mask rules remain.

lazyboy97o

I don't mean to continue this discussion, but it's related to the thread - studies are now showing 3 foot distancing PLUS masks is plenty. Seems to me this would mean the plexi is no longer necessary as long as queues are somewhat distanced and the mask rules remain.
People don’t tend to stand single file along the centerline of a queue lane. They do things like group together, stand side-by-side and lean on the railings.

Animaniac93-98

People don’t tend to stand single file along the centerline of a queue lane. They do things like group together, stand side-by-side and lean on the railings.

Pirates outdoor queue is particularly bad for this due to the width of the switchbacks. Last time I was in it, not only were all of the above happening, but little kids were running around and people were line cutting too.

If nothing else, it should be more organized with the walls, however ugly they may be.

Fable McCloud

I think the plexiglass will come down soon enough. I know in the queues it makes it feel super claustrophobic, but I really don't like it on the rides. It makes a horrible glare and makes certain things difficult to see. However, safety is the number one priority, so until things settle down, It's a necessary obstruction.

GimpYancIent

I think the plexiglass will come down soon enough. I know in the queues it makes it feel super claustrophobic, but I really don't like it on the rides. It makes a horrible glare and makes certain things difficult to see. However, safety is the number one priority, so until things settle down, It's a necessary obstruction.
If the masks go definitely keep the plexiglass walls / barriers. No issues with visibility (its plexiglass you can actually see through it), an actual barrier to virus spread and preventive measure against line jumpers. The plexiglass should absolutely be the last thing to be considered for removal.

Rteetz

If the masks go definitely keep the plexiglass walls / barriers. No issues with visibility (its plexiglass you can actually see through it), an actual barrier to virus spread and preventive measure against line jumpers. The plexiglass should absolutely be the last thing to be considered for removal.
I don’t know about that. Given the changes in guidance and such from the CDC the plexiglass really does nothing. The airborne disease isn’t going to be stopped by these. Masks are the best mitigation outside of vaccination right now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don’t know about that. Given the changes in guidance and such from the CDC the plexiglass really does nothing. The airborne disease isn’t going to be stopped by these. Masks are the best mitigation outside of vaccination right now.

The question is, when will Disney want to put in the effort to remove them? In places where they had to drill holes to mount them, for example the Small World boats, that is going to involve hopefully repairing those holes.

Rteetz

The question is, when will Disney want to put in the effort to remove them? In places where they had to drill holes to mount them, for example the Small World boats, that is going to involve hopefully repairing those holes.
For sure, some of those easier ones tho could be removed tomorrow really without issue. Considering how long it took to get most of them up it will definitely take a while to get them down too.

disneygeek90

If I recall correctly some portions of the Navi queue had the standard queue line bars completely removed in order to install the plexiglass. Just like we saw it rolled out, once they do try to pull these back I think it'll be done slowly and as they can get to them, not overnight. They seem like a ton of work to remove and then fix any residual issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom