Pirates of the Caribbean Movie!

ShanenLuvsDsny

Original Poster

Attachments

• poc_teaser_poster.jpg
    poc_teaser_poster.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 140

Main Street USA

Yeah I actually saw the trailer in the theater the other day. A lot of talkie-talkie and no picthca-pictcha!:lol:

That skeleton foot looks eerie walking through though!

HMGhost13

some "news" i read on www.comingsoon.net

Cursed pirates? Do tell. "The pirates – what happens is they stole this cursed treasure and unless they put the treasure back, they never die, they can't enjoy life," Bruckheimer continues. "They can't enjoy food or ______. All they want to do is plunder and get more and more and more gold. And in the moonlight, they turn into skeletons. So, you can just imagine the effects. ILM is doing the effects. [Director] Gore Verbinski, who did THE RING, is very imaginative and is working with ILM. I've never seen skeletons like this. They have actual features and pieces of flesh and their costumes still on, so it's fascinating."

WDWspider

Originally posted by HMGhost13

Cursed pirates? Do tell. "The pirates – what happens is they stole this cursed treasure and unless they put the treasure back, they never die, they can't enjoy life," Bruckheimer continues. "They can't enjoy food or ______. All they want to do is plunder and get more and more and more gold. And in the moonlight, they turn into skeletons. So, you can just imagine the effects. ILM is doing the effects. [Director] Gore Verbinski, who did THE RING, is very imaginative and is working with ILM. I've never seen skeletons like this. They have actual features and pieces of flesh and their costumes still on, so it's fascinating."

Dang, I was just going to post the same thing. :lol: Well, this sounds very interesting to me now. Much more so than it did before even. The Pirates will be a Cursed Skeleton Crew at Night, are driven solely by greed, and can never die... interesting.... very interesting.

WDWFREAK53

I loved the trailer...THIS is what teasers are FOR PEOPLE LOL...You interest is peaked about the "skeleton foot" and the "islands that make the skull"...This shows gives NOTHING away...it's just a "TEASER" Wait for the first REAL trailer!!! I can't wait!!!

MKCustodial

Originally posted by spider-man
Dang, I was just going to post the same thing. :lol: Well, this sounds very interesting to me now. Much more so than it did before even. The Pirates will be a Cursed Skeleton Crew at Night, are driven solely by greed, and can never die... interesting.... very interesting.

Yeah, I gotta admit. If that's no rumor, then they finally got some real curiosity from me. Now, I want a REAL trailer! :mad:

ddrongowski

if the movie is as good as the foot

at the end of the teaser it should be some good effects. I will be there at the theater watching.

orangefan15

Originally posted by HMGhost13

Now this description makes me want to go see the movie...that teaser did nothing for me.

MKCustodial

Ok, a Brazilian site just posted some pics that go right along the storyline you guys have read. Even though it has NOTHING to do with the attraction, it seems like it's gonna be a cool movie! :cool: But I woner what'll happen when the flocks of teenagers get to WDW looking for the cursed Pirates of the Caribbean and find out the drunk hugging the pig and "We wants the red head!" You know what I mean?

WDWspider

Awesome... I'll say this once for now... I have long been hearing that during DL's 50th... all classic attractions (in both parks ??) will get the ultimate facelift. This would include Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, IASW, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Many new enhancements and maybe complete area reworks are suppose to be involved. Could more Movie elements be incorporated.... who knows. This is already beginning in DL with repaints of IASW to original colors, but more throughout at DL as the Carousel was even repainted back to original glory from what I hear. This changes should be complete by or close to 2005.

MKCustodial

Well, to link them to the movies, Disney would have to throw in sinister skeletons at PoTC and Eddie Murphy somewhere around the HM. Now, aren't they adding Stitch to AE to tone down the terror? It wouldn't make sense to "terrorize" PoTC... And really, NO ONE needs Eddie around the Mansion! :lookaroun

WDWspider

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Well, to link them to the movies, Disney would have to throw in sinister skeletons at PoTC and Eddie Murphy somewhere around the HM. Now, aren't they adding Stitch to AE to tone down the terror? It wouldn't make sense to "terrorize" PoTC... And really, NO ONE needs Eddie around the Mansion! :lookaroun

If Eddie is circumstancial as I feel he will be... he is just to carry the movie forward and for comedy relief, nothing more. I feel that the Mansion will be a seperate thing all of its own (in the movie), so I would imagine it would mean adding new effects or ghost elements or rooms found in the movie, that's all. Now the Pirates, well, I think it may follow the Curse story more, but it may not have to be scary. We don't know for sure how the movie will be or who Johnny Depp will be, there could be good pirates, and it's possible that the ride could depict the pirate vs good pirate battle... fact is... we just don't know enough yet to speculate appropriately.

Goofster

Those pics from the Brazilian site (which can also be found at movies.yahoo.com/upcoming) are wicked cool. If they go with all these pics and the storyline and stuff this is gonna be one heck of a movie. Something we've never seen from Walt Disney Pictures, something, I daresay, PG-13!!!! I think if they are going for a PG-13 rating then the movie will be a success in the box-office. I know it may not be something you'd expect from Disney, but i mean, there's scary rides for teens at Disney World, so why can't they make a PG-13 movie for teens?

dreamer

Even if I weren't a Disney fan I would be anxious to see Johnny Depp as a pirate. that sounds like great casting to me.

I think O. Bloom will be a big draw for the teenage girls who might not otherwise want to see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom