Pirates and Tower having issues

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I haven’t seen it reported but Tower was only running one side all day (the one on the right, closest to the Libraries, Foxtrot right?) and when I hopped to MK Pirates was down and I got pushed a notification apologizing for it being down by the park President on my app. Anyone know what’s going on there?
Pirates is down a LOT of times. It has a lot of maintenance issues.

WondersOfLife

I honestly can't figure out Disney's logic on Pirates, Splash, Small word, ect on stacking soooo many vehicles. I understand a little stacking can improve the capacity (never waiting for a boat no matter how fast people get in and out), but it seems like the stack way more than needed for that boost.
It takes a while for the boats to "cycle" on pirates since its slow moving (I'm assuming the same for Small World as well).

If you get on immediately after the ride has a delayed opening, it'll be backed up (they cast members typically cycle the ride before opening, if they get started on time). If you get on immediately after the ride opens back up from a maintenance issue, it'll be backed up again as well. ALSO, if someone takes a very long time getting in or out of the boat at entrance/exit, that can cause a backup too.

Typically, the amount of boats that are in Pirates is perfect... As long as everything is running perfectly. But one little hiccup will cause an entire backup, yes.

WondersOfLife

The ride belts at load, and the lift belt backstage, frequently suffer from issues.
If you've ever had to walk back there, they are unbearably loud, crackling, and sound very unstable. I feel like they shouldn't be any louder than a generic lift. I was always scared walking through there... Felt like I was way too close to that stuff.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you've ever had to walk back there, there are unbearably loud, crackling, and sound very unstable. I feel like they shouldn't be any louder than a generic lift. I was always scared walking through there... Felt like I was way too close to that stuff.
What’s annoying is several major overhauls later and they’re still not right.

WondersOfLife

What’s annoying is several major overhauls later and they’re still not right.
There are LOTS of things wrong with Pirates, sadly.

On top of the lift being an issue... CMs are required to do the ride-thru each morning with a checklist... If a particular animatronic in each scene is not operating (Auction seller, Red, Jack Sparrow, ect.), they can't open the ride... And some of those AAs need some reliability work, too, tbh.

Lots of effects work one day but not the next day (like the mist in the ship battle scene)... The whole ride and its system is a mess.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There are LOTS of things wrong with Pirates, sadly.

On top of the lift being an issue... CMs are required to do the ride-thru each morning with a checklist... If a particular animatronic in each scene is not operating (Auction seller, Red, Jack Sparrow, ect.), they can't open the ride... And some of those AAs need some reliability work, too, tbh.

Lots of effects work one day but not the next day (like the mist in the ship battle scene)... The whole ride and its system is a mess.
I’m sure wo could trade stories about most of that building. It really is a gaffer tapped attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom