Pirates and Princess Reports?????

goof29

For anyone on the fence about whether or not to go to the Party. It's a definite YES YOU MUST GO.

Despite the rain, it was SO much fun. I only went because I had to see the fireworks again, but it turns out the whole night to me was a complete success. The crowds were very thin, so there was virtually no line for any attraction. As far as I could see, all the attractions listed on the posted guide map were indeed open. I rode SM about 15 times (walked on each time).

I was SO upset that they were cancelling performances of Dream Along With Mickey, but the last show went on without a hitch as did the fireworks and parade.

This is not an event to be missed if you can help it. To me the price of admission was worth just seeing the fireworks.

:D

sittle

How about instead...

For anyone on the fence about whether or not to go to the Party. It's a definite YES YOU MUST GO.

Despite the rain, it was SO much fun. I only went because I had to see the fireworks again, but it turns out the whole night to me was a complete success. The crowds were very thin, so there was virtually no line for any attraction. As far as I could see, all the attractions listed on the posted guide map were indeed open. I rode SM about 15 times (walked on each time).

I was SO upset that they were cancelling performances of Dream Along With Mickey, but the last show went on without a hitch as did the fireworks and parade.

This is not an event to be missed if you can help it. To me the price of admission was worth just seeing the fireworks.

:D

Can you verify if all the rides, restaurants were open?? Can you be more specific then the other posters, possibly more detailed?

nibblesandbits

Can you verify if all the rides, restaurants were open?? Can you be more specific then the other posters, possibly more detailed?
geez...calm down. Some one will post something...give them a chance. There's only been one party and it rained...so a lot of people didn't go. And for those that did go, not all of them are on this site.

I got this list from Allearsnet and it seems to match up with the map that you posted...if that help at least. It'll give you an idea of what's open. (Which I'm going to assume a majority of things actually are open anyway.) I don't know how much more detailed you can get...since this list seems to match the maps that you've found. And Allears is pretty accurate.

Allears said:
Entertainment

Disney's Enchanted Adventures Parade - 8:30 p.m., 10:30 p.m.
Magic, Music and Mayhem Fireworks - 9:45 p.m.
Dream Along with Mickey (Castle Forecourt show) - 8:00 p.m., 9:15 p.m., 11:30 p.m.

What's Open?

"New Tortuga" (Adventureland)

Pirates of the Caribbean
Dining: El Pirata Y el Perico Restaurante

"Jasmine's Court" (Adventureland)

Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Swiss Family Treehouse
Dining: Aloha Isle
Frontierland

Splash Mountain (reopening late January)
Country Bear Jamboree
Frontierland Shootin' Arcade
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Dining: Westward Ho
"Riverboat Riviera" (Liberty Square)

Haunted Mansion
"The Legend of the Jolly Roger Haunted Riverboat" (Liberty Square Riverboat)
Dining: Liberty Tree Tavern, Sleepy Hollow
"Ariel's Court" (Fantasyland)

Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
It's a Small World
Mad Tea Party
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Peter Pan's Flight
Pooh's Playful Spot
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Dining: Village Fry Shop
"Princess Pavilion" (Mickey's Toontown Fair)

Barnstormer
Mickey's Country House
Minnie's Country House
"Solaris' System" (Tomorrowland)

AstroOrbiter
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Space Mountain
Stitch's Great Escape
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Tomorrowland Arcade
Dining: Comic Ray's Starlight Cafe, Lunching Pad
Main Street, U.S.A.

Dining: Casey's Corner, Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Miscellaneous

Search for treasure spots throughout all of the pirate coves and princess courts
Character Meet and Greets
Dance Parties

sittle

Some people..

geez...calm down. Some one will post something...give them a chance. There's only been one party and it rained...so a lot of people didn't go. And for those that did go, not all of them are on this site.

Again thanks for posting from AllEars.net, your speculation is awesome and your attention to detail even better. I know your trying to help, but I (and others) are looking for first hand account of what is open, not verbatim copy from other speculative websites.

Appeatently enough people went to the PPP to post on this post that it was a great time, and it had rained, but they neglected to post for the rest of us who wanted to know what was open and what wasn't.

Lilclerk, thanks for your observation, but it's not always that easy. They may have made a typo, who's to say for sure? Someone who actually attended the first night, perhaps? Probably, that's why we are trying to contact somebody.

As a side note, the digital age is amazing, and this board opens up so much oppourtunity to all of us WDW fans. If only we could read other people's requests?... I think we know what this means...

Hey check this, DizneePrincess she got it right with her post:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=139392

goof29

If you click on the map that was posted earlier in this thread, you can see all the attractions that were open and restaurants. The map is correct.

the-reason14

So is this something that they will be offering every month? If yes, does this mean that emh will be more limited. Im sure you have to pay extra as a resort guest to go to this thing, but my whole desire would be just to do the emh's not pay to see pirates and princesses. I would wanna see it, but I would want to jeoperodize an emh for it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So is this something that they will be offering every month? If yes, does this mean that emh will be more limited. Im sure you have to pay extra as a resort guest to go to this thing, but my whole desire would be just to do the emh's not pay to see pirates and princesses. I would wanna see it, but I would want to jeoperodize an emh for it.
Right now it is only scheduled through early March and like MNSSHP and MVMCP they rarely fall on MK EMH nights.

goof29

I wouldn't be surprised if they extended it b/c I think it will be a very popular offering. However it currently does not and will not conflict with EMH offerings.

MattBoom

I attended last night. Overall it was a fun night, but I don't think I'd go again. Right off the bat they made us mad. Even though we're Annual Passholders, they charged us to park, saying it was because it was a hard ticket event. Why that matters, I don't know. I guess if we'd gotten there during the regular park hours we could have parked free.
The treasure hunts were set up just like the Halloween and Christmas party events. There really wasn't any treasure hunting, just go to the location on the map and line up for beads, chocolates or raisins.
The best part about going was the fireworks show and the fact that there were no lines on any of the rides. We missed the parades because we were too busy riding all the rides.

I didn't get any good pictures but I did get a pretty good video of the fireworks show. You can see it here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCj5pYMnZQ

drew81

It was a great night! The characters were awesome! All of them! The parade and fireworks were excellent as well. There was hardly anyone there, but maybe that was because of the cold weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom