Pirate Night and 2nd Dinner Seating

marcriss

Original Poster
Our pirate night is the first night of our cruise. We are scheduled for the 2nd dinner seating. Will this be a conflict? Can/Should I change to the 1st seating?

Also, if we want to request an individual table that request is made when we get on board, subject to availability? (My son has anxiety issues and strangers is one of them. As much as we thought it might be good since it's a local cruise, the reality is that he's not going to be able to eat with a table full of strangers).

Thanks!

muteki

I don't think it was a problem for us, we have done 2nd seating twice.

If people are dressing up for pirate night, they typically wore their costumes for dinner.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Our pirate night is the first night of our cruise. We are scheduled for the 2nd dinner seating. Will this be a conflict? Can/Should I change to the 1st seating?

Also, if we want to request an individual table that request is made when we get on board, subject to availability? (My son has anxiety issues and strangers is one of them. As much as we thought it might be good since it's a local cruise, the reality is that he's not going to be able to eat with a table full of strangers).

Thanks!

We had the second seating for our dinners, and there was no real conflicts. The dinner was pirate-themed, and while the party had began while we were eating, there was still plenty to do when we got up there. Truth be told, since everyone was dancing on the pool deck below, we went up one more and had a great view of the fireworks that night.

And depending on the number in your party, you should have an assigned table to your own. We had four in our group, and never sat with anyone else. And you'll have the same waiters for dinner each night, so that should help as well.

rick3236

We have had second seating on two of our cruises and never had a problem or conflict with Pirate's night. We went straight from dinner up to the deck and it made for a very nice evening. In fact I thought there were more peolple dressed up for the Pirate's party at the second seating than the cruise where we had main dining.

joanna71985

Thank you for asking the question, because I have second-seating on my upcoming cruise (and I was wondering the same thing). :)

marcriss

Original Poster
Just wanted to update you about the 2nd seating. It was GREAT! We saw the show at 6:15pm, had time to go change for dinner afterwards (even did a little shopping after the show). Dinner was at 8:15, we stopped by our room after dinner and got up to the Pirate party just before the "show" part with the characters began. Plenty of time before the fireworks.

joanna71985

Just wanted to update you about the 2nd seating. It was GREAT! We saw the show at 6:15pm, had time to go change for dinner afterwards (even did a little shopping after the show). Dinner was at 8:15, we stopped by our room after dinner and got up to the Pirate party just before the "show" part with the characters began. Plenty of time before the fireworks.

Thank you for sharing! This makes me feel better about second seating

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom