Pirate experience at Adventureland

andysol

I was there yesterday and saw this. They were filming also with a dozen or so "executive-looking" cast members over seeing it all the first day.

The Pirates were really funny- one in particular. He would ride in strollers and just do typical hijynx. The wenches were making little girls pretend to wash clothes, etc.
The Royal guard all stayed together and made everyone just stay "orderly". If they caught a pirate doing hijynx they'd stare at them like a parent disapprovingly. And tell them to go about their business.

To note- there were only a couple of handlers for the 12-15 characters- and they were specifically telling people they were not posing for pictures. This didn't stop the typical foreigner from sending their kids up to take pics; however- but most adhered to the rule of just taking pics during the interactions.

I also saw a girl posing with a selfie and the pirate took a giant bite of her hair and then started spitting and running around yelling how bad it tasted. So that should teach her. :D

YodaMan

Just came from there today and Jack Sparrow and Barbossa were around with the Pirates and most actually stopped for pictures.

barkerbird

With this and Skipper Canteen, some nice plussing going on in Adventureland. Now, if only they could use that empty expansion pad to add a big E-ticket to the land (*cough* Fire Mountain *cough*)

Heck, I'd be totally fine with cloning Indiana Jones or Journey to the Center of the Earth.
From what I've learned on the forums in my first week, starting a discussion on Fire Mountain/Bald Mountain gets some folks very upset! So, since I'd never heard of it I just did the research myself :D

raymusiccity

They typically do things like this during holiday/peak seasons. Extra emtertainment is added around the parks because of higher wait times at attractions. It is likely to be gone when the holiday season ends in early January.

Doesn't seem typical, but I'd agree that they'll likely be gone after the Christmas season. We've been to the Magic Kingdom around many holidays, but have never seen a slew of pirates and members of the Royal Navy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom